FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

First time @ large(r) scale gardening.

<< < (14/14)

cudakidd53:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on January 17, 2018, 12:35:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: stewie on January 17, 2018, 08:12:29 AM ---i have a "black thumb" and kill anything i touch. Luckily my mother in law is living on the property now and she can grow anything.

Give that woman chicken wire and a cd player and you got the garden of eden in a few months.

I do plan to build a green house as that level of sustainability is on our radar.

But... barn first.

--- End quote ---
Stew,
Watch for the upcoming geo-dome greenhouse/fish farm thing I plan to build some day, err, week, err month, err year, errr, someday.

--- End quote ---

Don, as I read your post, all I can think of is the Pauly Shore/Stephen Baldwin movie "Bio-dome".... :facepalm:

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: cudakidd53 on January 17, 2018, 02:11:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: stewie on January 17, 2018, 08:12:29 AM ---i have a "black thumb" and kill anything i touch. Luckily my mother in law is living on the property now and she can grow anything.

Give that woman chicken wire and a cd player and you got the garden of eden in a few months.

I do plan to build a green house as that level of sustainability is on our radar.

But... barn first.

--- End quote ---
Stew,
Watch for the upcoming geo-dome greenhouse/fish farm thing I plan to build some day, err, week, err month, err year, errr, someday.

--- End quote ---

Don, as I read your post, all I can think of is the Pauly Shore/Stephen Baldwin movie "Bio-dome".... :facepalm:

--- End quote ---
Didn't that place go up for sale a few years back?

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on January 17, 2018, 05:36:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: cudakidd53 on January 17, 2018, 02:11:17 PM ---

But... barn first.

--- End quote ---
Stew,

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Didn't that place go up for sale a few years back?

--- End quote ---

I think UofA in Tucson owns it. It’s north of Tucson about 45 minutes.

Here’s the link, I’m pretty sure this is what the shore/Baldwin movie was based off of....

http://biosphere2.org

Interesting place.

Flyin6:
I remember flying over it a few times

Was doing paradrops for the Seals

Came down out of altitude with an hour to spare and went lookin' for mischief...

So we came across that glass thing and one of the crew chiefs says, "Hey, Big-D, if you come right across the top of that thing at about 150 knots, I'll bet you can crack a bunch of those windows"

So we did!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version