Hello Guest

Author Topic: Walk alone, the secular view  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Walk alone, the secular view
« on: March 09, 2017, 09:32:14 AM »
A friend of mine just posted this picture.

Gary is a great warrior. Serving in Vietnam as a Marine grunt, he was at Kai-song when the NVA over ran the place. One of the bloodiest fights the Marines ever engaged in, Gary was one of only four survivors out of his company of over a hundred men! He fought alongside the US Army when the first Cav retook that place, and shortly thereafter, his year at war was up.

But instead of  coming home, this now young Sergeant reenlisted to remain in Vietnam where he fought as a grunt another year! Following the end of that enlistment Gary left the Marines to join a very bad biker gang. He was an enforcer guy. Pictures of him show him wearing his sergeant stripes upside down and with a holster carrying a sawed off shotgun, sitting on a Harley...Always a Harley.

He didn't fit in the civilian world and after some time joined the US Army where he applied for and was accepted to the Warrant Officer pilot program. He became a helo pilot and after a bunch more years I met him in Korea. He was a bit of a legend there already. The consummate warrior, he didn't make friends easily but was so tactically proficient that few could stand with him. I arrived in the same unit one day, sent by the 160th Special Ops, a highly classified unit at the time to stand up a special operations capability there. Gary and I were immediate friends and have remained so to this day. That guy who fought Vietcong ended up in Afghanistan where once again we worked together. Living in the same building in Kandahar he was on his civilian "tour" now after pulling a year as an Army CW4 Chinook pilot over in Eastern Afghanistan.

He fought in the 1960's...and all the way through until 2010 in the Stan. The man served in actual combat on either end of five decades!!!!!!!!!

Gary does not know our Lord. Gary is too tough, too strong, has fought the impossible too many times and kicked his butt! Gary, one of my personal heroes is oftentimes on my heart. I witnessed to him in Kandahar. He said to me one day, "Boss" he calls me Boss, He said, "Boss, it's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven." I instinctively responded, "no it's not." More like a statement of fact rather than being argumentative Gary took notice. I can reach him like few can, so I spoke to him about my king, our loving Lord. He listened, but his stony heart rallied, and I lost him.

He posted this poster just now and again I immediately recognized both his point of view, and just how completely wrong that statement is. We Christians are NEVER alone, it is impossible!

But Gary is alone. At least in the sense that he walks with an invisible God a Jesus who is a breath away...waiting. But his leash belongs to Satan who counts the minutes until he can claim this loving soul. Loving soul you ask? Yes, Gary has loved his fellow man more than his own life. But Gary has also loved the sting of battle, the taking of life, the conquering and controlling of fear, the exhilaration of battle, all of that. But time has taken all that away. Now the devil waits for the sand to run out.

But I am not giving up on Gary! In fact, WE are not giving up on Gary! I proclaim it so...Not that I am anybody, for I am not. But I insist on my GOD given right to call out to my brother and to lift his name up on high to be convicted and to come to know Jesus. I really want to introduce all of you to a man much better than I some day in heaven.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Walk alone, the secular view
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 09:56:46 AM »
Matthew 7:13 came to mind when I saw the picture.

Then I read your post & reread the scripture & how fitting it is from both perspectives. My perspective was thinking as life progresses only few will find the way to Christ & eternity in heaven. Initially it didn't dawn on me the perspective of Christ not being there or actually being all alone as an island in the sea. I guess to me it's just not possible even in those darkest days.

As Don knows I've struggled with things in my past as well. It's been truly hard to let those things go, I know I carried them too long. As I get older the part that wears on me is the pain I caused others because of my actions. I look forward to the day all those sins are wiped away completely.

Don, I will lift Gary up & ask that Christ open his hardened heart.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:48:29 AM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 10:42:56 AM »
Matthew 7:13 -

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:46:33 AM »
Ha, Gary just wrote me back...Just now

"Good hearing from you Don, we have been bonded together from our past endeavors & always will be... you have been & always will be my friend... keep the Faith."

Let's all pray for this man, just keep him in mind and the Spirit in you will want to lift him up

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 10:47:40 AM »
Sorry & 14

But small is the gate & narrow the road that leads to life, & only a few find it.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 11:09:39 AM »
This is great. In my prayers for sure.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
Lord, please place your loving hands on Gary. He is a man who has proven his love for his fellow man by placing himself between them and the forces of evil for the greater part of his life. His sacrifices have led to a hardened heart, and he needs Your help. Please soften that heart so that he may accept your presence. Amen.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 12:05:59 PM »
Amen.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 12:47:46 PM »
Do you physically see this guy much? My first instinct is to wonder, does he truly want the demon oppression he is living with? Or would he like to live with out it? For as you are aware the authority is ours to help others be relieved of oppression or possession, BUT only if they want it.

None the less this man will be lifted in prayer.

Gary, if you ever read this God is indeed with you, both now and possibly forever, but He has given you the free will to choose that He is.

May God's true peace and comfort find you wherever you are and remain with you good sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 03:18:58 PM »
Lord, soften Gary's heart, open his ears, and cause him to thirst for you.  Place others like Don, directly in Gary's path, that he may reconnect with Don at the perfect time for a sharing of your gift of salvation that will cause the earlier seed planted, to open and grow.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 09:27:26 PM »
Thanks men

Just keep him in your thoughts/prayers from time to time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal