TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Sending tools in for refurbishment?

(1/2) > >>

wyorunner:
Has anybody sent any of there tools either back to the manufacturer or to another locale to have their tools refurbed?

A quick search showed me stuff in the U.K. But not here.

I know most places probably want us to go buy new and the cost may be similar but I am curious as to whether or not I could do such a thing.

Particularly my 12" hitachi compound miter saw, and my makita 18v cordless drill set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
The key is to wear them out quick, then go buy a new set off the HD shelf and return the worn out ones...... :huh:

:popcorn:

Bigdave_185:
I can honey know Dewalt will tell you for the most part to buy a new one.  I had a chuck go bad on me and they said to buy a new one on the phone

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on March 12, 2017, 12:25:29 PM ---I can honey know Dewalt will tell you for the most part to buy a new one.  I had a chuck go bad on me and they said to buy a new one on the phone

--- End quote ---

Yea this is what I figured. Which is what will probably end up happening but not until they full on die!

Atkinsmatt:
Look around you and see if there is a tool repair place.  I have used them for work tools and put a limit on the replacement cost.  Some things get fixed and some get replaced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version