VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Bikes Motorcycles, S x S's, Tractors, and Mowers

DR-650 Build Thread, Part 2

(1/2) > >>

Flyin6:
I guess the last part was long enough, best to continue this build on a new thread since its been so long since I posted on the part 1

Well following a winter with not too much usage, I got after "Sumerizing" the bike. First up was a long slow charge

Flyin6:
Next I drained most of the stale gas in the tank. I had run the carb dry when I put it to bed in the fall, so I am hoping with some new gas this thing will cough to life and run normally...Although I am not holding my breath

Flyin6:
Being a sunny day, I placed it on a 2.5 watt solar panel to see if it would charge the battery at all

After a couple hours of sunlight I would say the battery got just the slightest of a charge.

Flyin6:
Then I got more serious and gave it a real charge

Flyin6:
I gave it just a little gas, choked the carb and hit the starter, and that thing started right up. It idled fine with the choke out, but when I pushed the choke in it started coughing and sputtered and died...Looks like that darned Mikuni carb is messed up a second time! Well, it's off to the bike shop with this thing. I am tired of messing with that carb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version