PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

RIP 7/20/12 - 3/27/17

<< < (3/4) > >>

stewie:
i sourced them locally through a friend. I paid $230 OTD for them with some discounts and perks. They seem to be quite popular because theyre "tacticool", so finding my size (10.5) was difficult. I wanted the burro color, but it was impossible to find anywhere. Frankly i dont care about tacticool crap anymore, i wanted something that will last and salomon backs these with a 2 year warranty. so to me they were money well spent.

Ok, i will give you my official review on them.

I've worn them pretty much all week - whenever rolling on my land, running errands and even @ the office. I am a big salomon fan (except for their sneakers). They fit perfect on me, but did take take to break in. they are hard to get on and off unless you have the top 3 rows of laces loosened up significantly.

I was wading in 3" deep water while clearing muck out of a poorly designed storm cellar and they kept my feet dry and surefooted. The material cleans up easy, too. they're just now starting to get "dirty".

PROS
- comfortable as heck. snug and dry
- waterproof - need i say more?
- ankle support

CONS
- laces SUCK. the knots always come loose and i have to double knot now to keep them laced up.
- hard to get on and off.

after 2 days.

cruizng:
Stewie. There is a way to tie any laces where they won't come undone. When you are putting the bow end through and then normal pull to tighten. Wrap a second wrap through where you did the first loop and then pull tight. They won't come loose and you can pull the tails like normal to untie them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stewie:

--- Quote from: cruizng on April 02, 2017, 06:47:32 PM ---Stewie. There is a way to tie any laces where they won't come undone. When you are putting the bow end through and then normal pull to tighten. Wrap a second wrap through where you did the first loop and then pull tight. They won't come loose and you can pull the tails like normal to untie them.

--- End quote ---

ill try that out, thanks!

Nate:

--- Quote from: cruizng on April 02, 2017, 06:47:32 PM ---Stewie. There is a way to tie any laces where they won't come undone. When you are putting the bow end through and then normal pull to tighten. Wrap a second wrap through where you did the first loop and then pull tight. They won't come loose and you can pull the tails like normal to untie them.

--- End quote ---

we need a tutorial video mike.................. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

stewie:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on April 02, 2017, 07:50:42 PM ---

--- End quote ---

we need a tutorial video mike.................. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

--- End quote ---

i was trying to do this like a retard yesterday. we need a video tutorial....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version