Hello Guest

Author Topic: Project: "Don't do this at home"  (Read 32893 times)

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Project: "Don't do this at home"
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2017, 10:13:55 AM »
I remember them well, except for having a Holley !!!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2017, 03:04:23 PM »
Don could have used that dust containment system when he pushed/pulled the truck out of the garage last week.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »
Don could have used that dust containment system when he pushed/pulled the truck out of the garage last week.
The unit would have been overcome
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Don't do this at home
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2017, 03:32:42 PM »
Oh I I miss having a box full of jets, power valve and gaskets and accelerator pumps and vaccum diaphragms and ....oh. No really don’t miss it that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:25:02 PM by nmeyer414 »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2017, 07:26:59 PM »
let me get a hold of kyle and see if he is interested in that dust collector for his new shop
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

OldKooT

« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:10 PM »
I prefer a quadrajet personally...but the Holley will be fine for now. I have about 30 or so to choose from on the shelf. Some are even new in box LoL

I was stomping around in my barn loft and found a 445olds Bellhousing/flywheel. Out in the ole pig barn I have a W30 Olds I pickled about 1998 or so from my jet boat. That engine was fairly fresh...

So if the 350 Chebby gave me even a small excuse, I could see tossing the 455 in there. If it has to get 12 mpg, may as well have power. But big picture, I'd rather avoid a large project.

Again.... I should take the chevy, load a Dana 60 front, 14bolt rear...4 Border patrol beadlocks, and some other goodies on the flatbed and sell it as a bugout project. Dodges RULE  LoL

Nate... that is a spendy Dust system for wood floor refinishing and such. I bet it would do fine in a shop as well. It's taking up space...its like new, very low hours, so I am going to sell it to someone so I can make space.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2017, 12:44:45 AM »
Does the new garage hang off the warehouse/barn?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

OldKooT

« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2017, 01:06:40 AM »
Jr.... nah the new shop is in town. It just became more sensible to get a shop in town to avoid having to trailer stuff with nice paint to and from the house.

It's not a permanent solution/yet but for now it's handy. If I ever get time I will get the air compressor installed, some small wiring changes for the welder, and maybe if I feel frisky a lift. It has security cameras, an alarm tied to the police station and in general is just about exactly what I was wanting.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2017, 01:13:29 AM »
let me get a hold of kyle and see if he is interested in that dust collector for his new shop

I was thinking the same with that shop he just finished.

Norm, with the shop in town does that mean you get to get more tools?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

OldKooT

« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2017, 08:41:04 AM »
JR..... not sure I really need any more tools. But like always, if I do...I buy em. Kay never questions tools/guns.

Shop projects:
Install my spare Air Compressor.
Wire in a outlet for the Welder/plasma
Wire in some additional 110 outlets also
build a work bench
Organize hand tools back into the tool box
I am sure there is more....but the above will get me to working on stuff that needs working on.

OldKooT

« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2017, 03:40:40 PM »
So Mom calls, her car won't start. So instead of working on my shop, I had to drive 30 minutes, after buying her a new battery $170 (no core)

Ten minutes after arrival I have her car running. I hand her the receipt she looks at it and says "boy batteries are expensive" and hands it back then... "can you hang my Christmas lights, carry the decoration totes upstairs, fix the outlet outside and edge my sidewalk quick?

So I get back to town I stop at the parts store set the battery on the counter I removed from Mom's car with the intention of getting my core $18 back.

I get talking with Kay and the guy says ok would you like me to carry your new battery to the pickup for you? Turns out that battery had a warranty I guess... go figure.

So the lesson... my Mom rips me off as usual, but this time the Lord provided a new battery. So my wife could claim it for her Yellow Chevy.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2017, 04:17:59 PM »
Hard to tell if you’re coming or going some days huh?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal