Commuication, Information Technology and Automation > Tech/Electronics

Raspberry Pi

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sammconn:
X3

TexasRedNeck:
It's been 30 plus years since I did programming and physics, calculus and the like. I'd love to tinker with some basic project programming. Maybe you could start a thread for some basic projects ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Am I the only one who thought this was a pie recipe? :tongue:

Talk about a let down....... :popcorn:

dave945:
So the raspberry pi is basically a microcomputer on a strict diet. I've attached a picture of the one I have(and haven't yet done anything with), the pi zero(that's a 308 round with it for comparison) The price of the pi zero is about $5. It is a1 Ghz single core CPU, 512 MB of memory, mini hdmi, micro USB power, micro USB connector for accessories/peripherals and a 40 pin GPIO(general purpose input output). So what can you do with it?  Basically anything you could do with a regular computer on a miniature scale. This is a great way to allow people to do their own electronics/ programming diy projects st a low cost. They can be purchased at low cost with basically everything you need to get started, or as just the main board like I have.  There are plenty of forums out there and step by steps to walk you through different projects until you get the hang of it on your own.
Here's a link to a page that talks about what it is abg getting started using it.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/getting-started-raspberry-pi-zero/

stlaser:
So for instance what were you thinking of using this for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version