PERSONAL READINESS > Hide Site

Survival camp fuel...What type?

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
Those of you knuckleheads who are following my hide site build (Mikey, Shawn, Ken...others) you know I just finished refabbing and kitting out my "New" fuel tank
All 285 gallons of it, it is but a start.

So this fuel is primarily to be used in the various diesel engined off road machines I own to include a Case track loader, and two J.Deere tractors. Someday I'll add an excavator and maybe a skid-steer to the fleet

If the world turns into an egg basket that showed up at a train wreck, then I'd use this fuel in my over the road trucks as well

So with all things considered, I need to figure out which fuel I'm going to fill the tank with.

The candidates are:

1. Normal, sold at the pump ULSD #1 or #2 @ about $2.40 a gallon

2. Off road dyed diesel @ $2.20-$2.10/ gal

3. Home heating oil @ $1.97

4. Jet gas @ well way too expensive, what the heck was I thinking about jet gas for...???

5. Gear up and make my own fuel out of WVO (V meaning vegetable or vehicle oil)
    Cost here is like $1500 to set up the processor, + all the medical Co-pays and Fire Department emergency responses, and of course the cost of rebuilding the structures I just burned down...and maybe the cost of another new truck or tractor, or track loader, and possibly the cost of my downwind neighbors farms that burned up as well...Then there's the lawyer fees, the court costs, the loss of employment and so forth during the long visit to the KBH (Kintucky big house), oh and the associated divorce costs and so forth...

6. Maybe I'll place the make my own option just behind the jet gas idea

7. Drill an oil well, well several actually, process my own oil, and set money aside for poisoning the water table, then the neighbors farm thing and big house, and what not...

Heck, forget it, sorry I brought any of this up!

cudakidd53:
In my mind- regular over the road diesel.  Can use it in anything without thought.  The red stuff, will get you on a world of hurt if you ever get caught using it in a over the road vehicle; not a worry with Squareness as it's got way more fuel in it than it'll ever burn in the garage in No. KY.....This approach gives you the ability to rotate it out of the storage tank via CombatMax to avoid potential of it going bad.

stlaser:
I say off road diesel. It's ky & stay off the main highways if you have to run it in the max.

TexasRedNeck:
Off road diesel. Add a wvo with old oil storage. Then a 2000 gal propane tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CHEVSILVER1500:
TruckS????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version