TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Our House

(1/51) > >>

Tommy13:
Greetings all!

I don't get around to posting often, but I do spend a lot of time reading about what everyone else has going on always appreciate the sharing of knowledge. 

I figured it was time to start my own thread to share our latest and biggest adventure to date. 

My wife and I have been planning and dreaming about this house for over 10 years and we are blessed to be able to make this happen. 

God is Good!

Here are the plan drawings of the house.  We plan to stick with most of the design elements in these drawings.

Excavation Beings

Tommy13:
We signed our contract back on April 1 and things started rolling along mid month.  Our builder is starting to wind down toward retirement and really liked the plans we had picked so he decided to take on the job.  We are looking at an extended build time due to the complexity of the build.

Footprint is staked out and a rough outline painted in the dirt.

Driveway roughed in.

Luckily they didn't hit solid rock until the corner near the garage.

Footings and crawlspace being dug.

This little Kubota with a rockhammer did a slick job on the rock.

Tommy13:
Footings going in.

The first concrete is poured.

We aren't usually able to get to the job site while work is going on, but I did manage to sneak in during one day of concrete.
Funny seeing a ready mix truck parked in our future great room/kitchen.

Most of the footings are in.  Forms for garage are being set.

Tommy13:
Then they began forming up the walls for the crawlspace.

Water, sewer, electric, and drainage are being put in place during this phase as well.

Gravel going in the crawlspace along with additional footings.

Tommy13:
At this point it seems like we've been in this hole for months and we have.  Our builder reminded us that this house will have 31 exterior corners not counting porches.  I'm happy with letting him take his time to get everything right. 

The foundation walls are complete, sealing of the exterior is complete along with drains on both sides of all of the footings. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version