Hello Guest

Author Topic: Megan Leavey Movie  (Read 964 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Megan Leavey Movie
« on: July 10, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »
Saw this last night with the wife. After putting Nica down last week I checked to make sure this one didn't end up with the dog dying in it (sorry for the spoiler) or something that would have just set the wife off all over again, but when I saw that it didn't I thought it might be good to see. And it was. You guys know better than me if they did a good job showing the  parts in Iraq so I wont try to make any claims to its accuracy on that front but it was great seeing the bond that developed between them, and that I believe would be accurate. Good movie. I liked it.  We just had a hard time finding it....only 1 theatre near us had it and at 10:30 PM unfortunately.

Here's the IMDB on it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4899370/

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Megan Leavey Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 10:39:37 AM »
That really looks good

Reminds me of Spike

A Belgian Malinois...

I mentioned him before.

He was trained to be a killer, but that dog was a friend of mine as is Brian, his handler from Denmark

Spike was killed in a gunfight in a village up near the kajaki dam. He had chased out three taliban who our guys perforated, but some hajii killed him with a grenade in a narrow alley where the dog took most of the blast

Losing a dog like that is like losing a human soldier.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 01:08:54 PM »
I would think so (like losing a human soldier) Don. The movie said the dogs and their handlers had a bounty on them. Dunno if that was true but I could totally believe it.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 08:20:26 PM »
I would think so (like losing a human soldier) Don. The movie said the dogs and their handlers had a bounty on them. Dunno if that was true but I could totally believe it.
They (hajis) place bounties on lots of us

Proving

They act more like criminals than soldiers

I would also add they act cowardly, choosing to rape young boys and beat up on women, but hey I wouldn't want to sound like a bigot by saying something like the truth...

The only problem we had about the dog attacking them which ours did, was that the dog could catch something!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal