VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

Any plumbers on here?

<< < (4/4)

EL TATE:

--- Quote from: stlaser on July 12, 2017, 11:55:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: EL TATE on July 12, 2017, 10:33:05 AM ---Update:

Our contractor we've been consulting with for our future remodel just happened to have the cartridge Ryan posted the link to in his truck! We had it knocked out in about 15 min, and yes, the o ring was the only thing holding that little guy in place for almost 3 days! I have yet to find the master water shutoff for the house but the previous residents had one of the long handled city water shutoff tools just laying in the backyard when we bought the house and the water line from the street was easy access. I would imagine the main shutoff that doesn't involve that tool would be somewhere around the outside edge of the foundation or in one of the vent access spots? built in the 50's.

--- End quote ---

Good deal! Something to think about with a remodel and not sure how deep you're going but when I built our first house in 2002 I installed a master valve system in the basement. Basically it was a board (all pex btw) and it has a series of valves. So every line had it's own shut off in case you needed to isolate a particular faucet. Dumb thing about my two year old current house is that it has the board of connections but no valves...... :facepalm:

--- End quote ---

We're just converting a glorified carport/boathouse into a much larger master bedroom and guest room, but we will be under the foundation running natural gas to the kitchen/laundry and i'll either verify or install a master shutoff at that point. I REALLY like the idea of an access panel with individualized shutoffs like a breaker box though, great idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version