VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

Any plumbers on here?

<< < (2/4) > >>

rpar86:
That whole white part (including the inner white spinny-part for on/off) should just pull out given enough brute force and clamping force on those pliers.

Unless, maybe that outer brass piece (the one with the little notches in it that the white thing is in) unscrews from the rear, larger diameter brass piece??

EL TATE:
But definitely have water turned off prior to plastic extraction?

rpar86:

--- Quote from: EL TATE on July 11, 2017, 06:50:44 PM ---But definitely have water turned off prior to plastic extraction?

--- End quote ---

Well, it does look like you're in the tub, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.... ;)

Yes, definitely turn off water first.

Any idea what brand of faucet that is? I know Moen sometimes needs a special tool that they'll send you for free if you call them up (at least that's what I saw in a Youtube video). My Moen faucets the stem just pulled right out with no fuss.

EL TATE:

--- Quote from: rpar86 on July 11, 2017, 06:47:02 PM ---That whole white part (including the inner white spinny-part for on/off) should just pull out given enough brute force and clamping force on those pliers.

Unless, maybe that outer brass piece (the one with the little notches in it that the white thing is in) unscrews from the rear, larger diameter brass piece??

--- End quote ---

I'm thinking the notched piece would use a flat head or other straight edge and separate from the inner piece like you stated. but the plastic would still have to come out to access it.

EL TATE:
they're 90's vintage from a previous remodel. I'll see about checking the spout and other components for brand name scribed somewhere, see if that helps any. thanks for the ideas Ryan and Shawn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version