VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Dawg Fam's new Travel Trailer

(1/3) > >>

Dawg25385:
Well, we pulled the trigger and did it.... been himmin' and hawin' for a year or so. With the puppy, and kid on the way, the 2014 24' White Hawk was gonna be cramped. So we upgraded to a 2015 30' Jay Flight Elite. Has much more living space, has the elite package which gets ya all LED lighting, aluminum wheels, 80gal fresh water tank, larger fridge, 2 skylights, larger propane tanks, and porcelain toilet. Also has the fiberglass walls and frameless windows, and the thermal package with full underbelly insulation.

We're pretty stoked, got an amazing deal private party (sad story, death in the family forced sale, sold it for what they owed), and have a pending sale on our first trailer now... will almost be a wash, net cost to us is a couple grand for the upgrade. Had to drive across the state to Wenatchee to get it, but it was definitely worth it... paid about 6-8k less than it would have been priced locally.

Definitely heavier, at 7k dry vs 5k dry for our previous trailer. Truck handled it fine on the way home over Swauk Blewett (for your PNW'ers) even without my weight distribution setup on yet. Got hot at the top of the hill and the fan kicked on, but with our smaller trailer it would do that too. Little squirly on I-90 in a crosswind, but the Blue Ox Sway Pro will fix that right up. Will be right at 8500 when she's loaded up with full propane and water, but I won't be hauling all 80 gallons of water very often. Nice to have the capacity tho for boondocking trips.

Here's the new one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasRedNeck:
Nice Dawg!  That's getting heavy for our OBS trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpar86:
Nice! I know Blewett pass, been over to Wenatchee a few times for work (well, at the old job).  :likebutton:

KensAuto:
Nice Kyle! That couch looks comfy.

Sammconn:
Very nice!
 :likebutton:
May be technically a getting heavy(according to the light OBS numbers)...but realistically not so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version