Hello Guest

Author Topic: Texas Heros  (Read 2146 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Heros
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:32:48 PM »
Outside of artillery and bombs (And some things my wife cooked)

It takes a guy with a gun to stop a guy with a gun!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
http://www.4029tv.com/article/man-who-shot-texas-church-gunman-shares-his-story/13437943

“I think my God, my Lord protected me & gave me the skills to do what needed to be done.”
Willeford

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 09:59:22 PM »
That man is the definition of a hero. Thank god for men like him.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:31:01 PM »
That man is the definition of a hero. Thank god for men like him.

This^^^

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 10:55:57 AM »
One of my coworkers is from TX and his dad is friends with this gentleman. it's just too bad this church didn't have a security detail in place. God bless him for acting. any major city and surrounding people would have simply scattered I think.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 12:29:14 PM »
I think at this point and for some time now you are negligent as a congregation to not have at least two armed guards at any service. Thinking an armed deacon would be a bare minimum. Furthermore, I cant recall the last time I was unarmed at church. I'm sure Don has an opinion as well.......

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 01:25:47 PM »
I think at this point and for some time now you are negligent as a congregation to not have at least two armed guards at any service. Thinking an armed deacon would be a bare minimum. Furthermore, I cant recall the last time I was unarmed at church. I'm sure Don has an opinion as well.......
I actually run a security ministry

We have a multi level security system...yea guns are a part of it, but there is much, much more to the game than just some primers and powder

Of course I will not publically discuss details, however I will say this: If any church out there seeks information on how to protect their congregation and put security in place, I would be willing to work with them. That could also possibly involve my travelling to their location.
It is W AAA Y past time to have security in place. Once you start training, I am seeing about one year until newcomers can be effectively used. My own team is 3+ years into this and some are capable to instruct, while others are just now getting up to speed with room clearing, tactical movement and things like that

Its a hard job, and yes, someone HAS TO DO IT!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »
There we never fewer than 3 of us in our church armed. (and we only had 50 members) I had the auspice of sitting right next to the doors to the main auditorium, so I had to be ready.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 08:17:38 PM »
Well, our church has hundreds at each service. Local police are part of the security detail that you can see. My guess is there are quite a few armed in our service including many cc citizens such as myself. At the Walmart that was shot up a week or so ago where three died the police had reported there were half a dozen armed citizens in the store at the time of the shooting they discovered when reviewing surveillance footage. I’m honestly not surprised as the local Walmart’s are a bit sketch. So if I use that ratio our church would be the wrong place to target even here in hippy land.....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 09:59:25 PM »
Well, our church has hundreds at each service. Local police are part of the security detail that you can see. My guess is there are quite a few armed in our service including many cc citizens such as myself. At the Walmart that was shot up a week or so ago where three died the police had reported there were half a dozen armed citizens in the store at the time of the shooting they discovered when reviewing surveillance footage. I’m honestly not surprised as the local Walmart’s are a bit sketch. So if I use that ratio our church would be the wrong place to target even here in hippy land.....
Problem with all that is blue on blue engagements
I spoke to the men of my church. Since we are also a school, it is a felony to carry without the school board's permission. I explained that to everyone.
But the real problem is that during an active shoot with multiple targets or you just not knowing, you service the first target, then scan right and left to acquire your next target. A guy holding a gun will at the minimum, get flagged. So a "Normal" guy pulls his weapon while one of my people deal with a threat. After they stop the danger, and scan, they pick up the good guy with the gun. Maybe they recognize him and don't shoot, but maybe he does not realize a security guard is pointing at him and he takes the shot.
Blue on blue during engagements is always a risk. Gunfights are noisy and confusing places to be. Couple that with the adrenaline and your heart rate and being scared to death and my money would wager against noone getting accidentally shot in a crossroads kind of church.

FYI

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal