Hello Guest

Author Topic: Christmas 2017  (Read 8447 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas 2017
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2017, 11:13:05 PM »
Hey, who's the big guy sporting shades on his head at night? He has a big toothy grin too.......... :popcorn:

Nice job RM!  :likebutton:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2017, 07:37:20 AM »
Perfect. Tis the season!
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2017, 07:38:37 AM »
Something is wrong with the pictures and the text.  All blurry like looking through my shower door....oh, it’s just me!

Merry Christmas and Gods Blessings to all whom we touch and those who are doing the work!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2017, 09:29:16 AM »
$1350 ish........

can we get to $1500 yet??????

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »
Ya know guys...

We now have enough$$$$ to give the pastor a bran-del-leeeee new Glock, not my old beat up, used up, sweaty palmed, used to train a dozen people all dusty half used one.
What ya say we go buy him a brand new one?
Anyone???
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »
Ya know guys...

We now have enough$$$$ to give the pastor a bran-del-leeeee new Glock, not my old beat up, used up, sweaty palmed, used to train a dozen people all dusty half used one.
What ya say we go buy him a brand new one?
Anyone???

Well, I think maybe if we get a Little more in donations you buy him an iwb crossbreed holster to go with that new Glock.....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »
Well we did it

Yup, done deal

Ever see a grown man cry?

I just did, pics coming tonight

We gifted Pastor Rene a brand new Glock 23. First gun he has ever owned (that was his own) in his life. He cried!

It was a pretty emotional time at the gun store.

To make it a legal thing, we gifted him the $385 it took to purchase the gun, so that he could buy it and register it legally. He did, it's purchased, and our man of God who gives to everyone else to the point of poverty has been blessed in a mighty way.

Now want to see God actually work, watch this:

Without knowing any of this, I called Rene around noon and asked for an hour of his time (So I could do the gun thing) When he shows up at my truck, he hands me a rather spendy bottle of men's cologne. I didn't want to, but I accepted it. After the "gun thing" we are driving back to the church, where we met so I could cart him to the gun shop.

That's when he tells me that this morning, God spoke to him and told him to go buy "Mr. Don" something nice. Rene thought it was in repayment for gifting the girls. HE had no idea what we were about to do in his life. Now you can go and tell me that was a coincidence and until my last breath I will never believe you. That was my father in heaven smiling on his children!

Pastor Rene said this is the best gift anyone ever gave him in all his life! Take that one to and deposit it in the bank, BOOM!

I just wish I could share it with all of you who so selflessly gave your money to make this happen.

This is Christianity at work. THis is what it looks like, and how you feel right now, well that is the result of a right heart living in his will. Marinade in it, learn from it, make it a part of your daily life.

Thank you all so very much!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:00:08 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2017, 04:31:27 PM »
Man that's cool!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2017, 04:57:19 PM »
So here it is gents. Pastor Rene Rocha and the first gun anyone ever got him (In the legal way of course)

Alex of Shooters Supply of Independence, KY shared in this one in a lifetime experience

OldKooT

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2017, 05:29:38 PM »
Very cool Don/Gentleman, well done everyone.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
Good job. Now I got Cuda eye drippy syndrome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2017, 09:22:32 PM »
Good job. Now I got Cuda eye drippy syndrome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Relapse......

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »
Awesome.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2017, 01:12:39 PM »
This just keeps getting better and better.

So we were planning to give some money help to the two remaining families, and that is a done deal

But we would still have some remaining (and who cares if we don't!). I was going to just put it in the Latin church offering plate.

But as luck (God??) would have it, I just found a better place to place it.

My middle daughter is a special education teacher in a local high school. She has this one boy in there who gets to be the butt of some ribbing. Mostly because he dresses poorly. Well, a girl in the same class told my daughter that the boy isn't getting any presents for Christmas and that he really wanted a new pair of shoes. He claims it has been four years since last he got a new set of shoes. He just gets hand-me-downs. This girl actually bought in some used shoes from her household to give to him.
Yea, we are going to take care of this. I have a call out right now to try and ask the mother if it would be OK if we donated a couple things to him...Will let you all know...

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2017, 01:39:24 PM »
Great Idea there Don!  Cast a wide net of Christmas blessings in the name of our Lord as we all have been so richly blessed!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »
I apologize for not having pics just yet, I forgot to take my camera and the pastor's wife took pics with her I-Phone and said she will send to me later on. Understandably, it is a rush tonight. Following the Latin service I made one presentation then spent maybe fifteen minutes in the Pastor's parlor talking to the family, and what a family this is!

They were desperate for someone to hear their story and not just be processed for deportation. Yes, they are on the list. Man this was tough hearing about what I see is a gross injustice. On one hand Obama was sneaking muslim refugees into Pennsylvania at night on chartered aircraft and wisking them away on chartered busses with narry a word spoken.

Then we have this family. Refugees from the drug cartels who if sent back to the country from which they narrowly escaped with their lives, they will be slaughtered. Now how can we do that? I for one am going to do what I can to help. I have set up a time after the new year to interview them. My plan is to copy all the Immigration paperwork and get some names. Then construct their story the best ai can and try to connect it with facts and known occurances and information.

Armed with that, I plan to drive to the immigration office with the pastor we gifted the money to buy the handgun to and speak with them.

The father works two jobs. THe mother works two jobs. THe oldest son graduates in may from Northern Kentucky University (Correction here, I earlier stated UK) with a degree in mechanical engineering, magna cum laude! Their 11th grader is a bright young lady who is carrying a straight "A" average and dreams of becoming a bio-chemist (Ah-WHAT?)

Does this sound like some derelict family to anyone here? As opposed to the muslims I see huddled together in costco looking like they came from mars (as in yesterday) and making no attempt to speak english or interact in any way with Americans. OK, given the choice, I chose the first family.

OK, sorry to get political here. We did a good thing and that stands alone. The mother said to say "God Bless you" to all the men who gave to this and was just beside herself that some American stepped out to try and help. I was careful to mention that the money came from both Americans and Canadians. If the truth be known, well, that's it. Everyone gave. Borters don't matter with good men like you all

So, thank you very much for making this Christmas possible. Oh and the remaining $174 I'll be drinking it up down at the bar. or
I'll either drop it in the spanish church offering plate or spend it on that boy in the special ed class. BTW, he got his shoes!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »
Merry Christmas all!

It turns out I snapped a couple pics of the money gifts before leaving for the ceremony. The last two families got this. Yea, simple, but they don't need blue ray players, they need food and electricity and a new set of tires...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal