WEAPONS > Firearms

TS Customs 6.5 Creedmore bolt gun

(1/3) > >>

Bear9350:
I ordered a barreled action from Travis Stevens of TS Customs back in September.  After spending a little time on the phone with him I decided to do just the barreled action instead of a full build and re-use some of the stuff I had here.  He quoted me 4-8 weeks to build just the barreled action.  It took exactly 8 weeks for me to receive it.  Specs for the barreled action:

Lone Peak Arms Fuzion action,  This is Rem700 clone action.  Comes with a one-piece bolt and side bolt release.  I got the stainless steel version.  They also offer a Titanium version for a lightweight hunting rifle for a couple hundred more.  The Fusion has an integrated 20 moa rail.

BenchMark Medium Palma contour barrel, Stainless steel. I had him cut the barrel off for 26" and threaded for a muzzle brake

Lone Peak Arms Self Timing Muzzle Brake, This was a new product from Lone Peak Arms.  I believe my brake may have been from the first production batch.

The action came with a nitride finish.  I had the barrel and brake Cerakoted black.  Travis supplied all the above pieces and put them together for me.

I re-used a Timney 517 trigger from a previous Rem 700.  I also put the Burris XTR II 5-25 scope on-top off this gun that I took off the 308 before I sold it using Vortex 34mm rings.

I picked up a KRG Bravo "Chassis".  The Bravo is a new entry level chassis system by KRG.  It has an aluminum block running the length of it with polymer forearms and butt stock.  It looks more like a stock then a chassis, which I liked.  The cheek rest is adjustable and there is a spacer system to adjust LOP.  Being mostly polymer it is fairly light, which is fine for this gun as the 6.5 doesn't have much recoil and that muzzle brake eats up any that's left.  The Bravo takes standard AICS mags. I've got a 5 and 10 round Magpul.

So far I have cleaned the barrel, put 5 rounds through it and cleaned the barrel a second time.  Waiting on a lot of ammo to arrive in the mail now to do some more shooting next week.

BobbyB:
I like it. I'd go with a flash hider but that's just a preference of mine. Once you get it all dialed in where're you going to try and stretch the legs out on it?

Bear9350:
I've got 900 yards off the porch but it is not ideal with this frozen ground.  I can shoot to about 600 yards out of the brother's hay mow when I go up north.  If we do a little trimming we should be able to make a lane to the back field and get to 900 yards there also.

TexasRedNeck:
Sounds like a good build.  Looking forward to seeing some 5 shot groups out of it.

Muzzle brakes, are great when you shoot by yourself but around others, you will not be liked much.  With my old 300WM with a massive break, I was relegated to the extreme end of the shooting line in class.  And when I lit one with the muzzle still inside the end of a 48 inch pipe during one stage, my RSO had to take a break.....  The concussion was massive.

I prefer shooting suppressed.  Recoil reduction and hearing protection all in one.  And I have more friends at the range....

Bear9350:
I almost always shoot by myself.  When not by myself very rarely is somebody not behind me.  If there is somebody beside me,  we are probably engaged in some sort of friendly competition/ wager.  I would like to get a suppressor for this gun but it is not in the budget right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version