TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Dewalt 20Volt impact gun

<< < (5/5)

KensAuto:
Torque watch?

Bigdave_185:
Similar to this type or they have digital. For torque tool calibration type testing
http://www.newark.com/honeywell-s-c/060-sqf41210-01/gauge-torque-watch-15n-mm-to-285n/dp/23M9925

I can’t recall the one at work but this experiment has me thinking I’ll take my 20v brushless in and add what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cudakidd53:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on January 17, 2018, 09:18:41 PM ---Uhh, Mikey, that one is about 1/4" less capacity than what he needs. :)

--- End quote ---

Yup, but I really liked the disassembly and review process; gives a good assessment of how it’s built etc.  TRN - my thoughts exactly, but given his statement that wishbone rules apply, he declared a winner!  That guy takes apart all kinds of stuff this way too!

KensAuto:
Dave, those are some pricey little buggers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
Trying to think what applications one might have, I use the to measure breaking points or at what point a motor, seal and gear set will start to rotate, usually if they exceed a certain number the part fails our inspection.  The higher the torque required to turn something the more stress added to the drive motor....... I guess you could math out the amount of torque required to turn a crank shaft on a motor and determine if your shimming job is to tight, or the pistons/ring gap is to much.  But that’s a lot of math ain’t nobody wants to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version