Hello Guest

Author Topic: Biometric data collection  (Read 1718 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biometric data collection
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »
And I’ve heard that the ancestry sites cooperate with authorities as well.

Today at Disney I was required to scan my ticket and they scanned my fingerprint at the entrance.  I was not ok with that but couldn’t turn around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »
whether actual finger print or just biometrics as they claim, the shear massive amount of information they have linked has got to take up a server the size of a football field. fingerprint, to park ticket, to credit card, to you. it's the greatest fingerprint collection agency in the world without even trying.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 05:47:32 PM »
I wouldn’t sweat finger prints they can be erased easy enough when the time comes.....

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 06:03:20 PM »
I may have mentioned I served in management of an airline where I worked as a line pilot. Shortly after 9-11 the folks in the top floor who knew something of my background pulled me in to a meeting where after some goings-on, I was elected the new Flight Operations Security manager.

Following that attack and information pointing to more during the Salt Lake olympics we were in a scramble to get flying secured. Understand that I was an operational guy. My focus was aircraft security on the ground and in flight, the cockpit and training of the flight attendants. I attended many meetings including some pretty high level stuff in the Washington DC. Everything was being discussed at these big meetings, and it was there I learned of the start of the art (of that time) for biometric scanning. The folks working that were focusing on retinal scanning everyone who approached and or entered an airport terminal, anyone going to work there and anyone working maintenance, even ground maintenance.

Back then they demonstrated a reliable system that covertly scanned everyone's eyeballs accurately enough to "exclude" them from established data bases. I believe the goal was to scan everyone 11 times at my airport before they boarded an aircraft. 11 times folks...So I am a soldier. I don't care much for civil rights purely from that perspective. Byt my new found civilian feathers were getting a bit ruffled by such a huge invasion of privacy.

I cannot say if any of that happened, or if it is functioning today. I do know that one's privacy and rights are a joke one corner past where you can observe and hold someone accountable.
Note here that this is an institutional thing, not just a couple folks here and there. No one cares about anyone who can't directly affect them with respect to rights.

I found my peace by checking out of the net. No work, limited public and government exposure, and as few transactions and events as I can, which is difficult owning a site like this. I am happiest down at my farm. If I drive out one day and find that the world collapsed, I guess I'll just make a U-turn and go back in.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 08:04:19 PM »
And that, sir, is a plan. I like it

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »

whether actual finger print or just biometrics as they claim, the shear massive amount of information they have linked has got to take up a server the size of a football field. fingerprint, to park ticket, to credit card, to you. it's the greatest fingerprint collection agency in the world without even trying.
Wow, when trying to get off the cruise ship last week {Panama Canal} , my wife showed her plastic card from the ship that had her photo, passport, room number, and who knows what else on it. Anyway it beeped wrong and we were pulled aside ordered to give up passports and follow customs person to a special booth for reentry to the US. After every thing was said and done we were allowed out of the building and on are own to find the other 7 people in our group.. Yup, after my wife gave me the LOOK I gave it up. I hate traveling any other way than a car in this country, even then getting across the border is a real hassle. We don't fit the 18-26 yr old Muslim profile, most likely would be easier if we did,.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 10:28:49 PM »
And that, sir, is a plan. I like it

Simple

Just like me ;-)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 11:38:39 PM »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 10:05:34 PM »
The average person can be caught on camera 75 times a day.

http://crimefeed.com/2015/02/eyes-many-times-caught-surveillance-cameras-per-day/

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal