VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Harbor freight generator

<< < (2/3) > >>

mjmbrown:
 Before I installed an ONAN 5500 GOLD in my trailer, I bought the biggest Champion generator Costco had. if I remember correctly it was $500. Had remote start and more power than one really needs. I think it was a 6500-7500. My friends referred to it as the rock crusher, as you can imagine is not very quiet. I built a 3 sided foldable noise deflector, which helped but it wasn't a tranquil camping experience. Being 200 lbs + it wasn't easy to move either.  I was at cabelas last week and saw this one on sale for $399
http://www.cabelas.com/product/OUTDOORSMAN-WATT-GENERATOR/1848057.uts?slotId=1

Not sure if its enough power for what you need but maybe worth a look. I can say that I've put a few predator engines in a couple machines and they are great. I have predator2000 inverter generator (briefcase style) for a back up in my trailer and its very well made. it functions just like my friends Honda 2000i and is just about as quiet.

mjmbrown:
FWIW I can run a microwave from my 2000 generator if I need to, the a/c is where you will need the power. and If I were you I would try to find a Honda/Yamaha 3000 on craigslist. they are super quiet and I have run my a/c with them before.

TexasRedNeck:
Or Craigslist. The engines in that HF is not rated for very many hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
Thanks for all the input. I think I will be shoping around some more.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Bob Smith:

--- Quote from: mjmbrown on January 05, 2018, 12:37:02 PM --- Before I installed an ONAN 5500 GOLD in my trailer, I bought the biggest Champion generator Costco had. if I remember correctly it was $500. Had remote start and more power than one really needs. I think it was a 6500-7500. My friends referred to it as the rock crusher, as you can imagine is not very quiet. I built a 3 sided foldable noise deflector, which helped but it wasn't a tranquil camping experience.

--- End quote ---

Few years ago a friend bought one of the those Champions for his elk camp. Ended up buying bales of straw to try and quiet it down and ended up burning about 10 acres of scrub and pines at the top of Bethel Ridge before the fire was put out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version