WEAPONS > Firearms

A/R Pistol build

<< < (3/15) > >>

JR:
Nice Don, very close to one I have in 300aac, but just a buffer tube for now.

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on February 05, 2018, 08:45:07 PM ---So, Bobby, you used the Eotech?

--- End quote ---

I did. I've used the ACOG, Aimpoint M68s & M4s, and EoTechs while I was overseas. I prefer the battery life on the Aimpoints and the reticle on the EoTech. Combine those and I'd love it.

--- Quote from: KensAuto on February 05, 2018, 09:11:49 PM ---What's this battery box thing Bobby? Mine eats batteries for lunch.

--- End quote ---

It's not so much of an upgrade, more of a fix. You replace the dogbone and spring ( If I'm remembering correctly) at the base of the compartment with a newer version that EoTech will send you for free. Takes maybe 5 minutes. What model do you have?

Here's a better pic of it. But I'd still call EoTech or L3 or whatever and ask for the parts.
http://www.primaryarms.com/eotech-battery-compartment-repair-kit-models-517-557-555-516-556-553-su231-9-cr2030

stlaser:
Bobby, thanks for that info on the eotech :likebutton:

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: stlaser on February 06, 2018, 09:21:04 AM ---Bobby, thanks for that info on the eotech :likebutton:

--- End quote ---

No problem. I didn't know about it until I called and asked about something battery related and they told me about the upgrade. So I pass it on when I see something pertinent.

But I'd love to have a new EXPS model or whatever its called.

Flyin6:
512.A65:

EOTech® 512.A65 / 1 Reflex Sight is the tactical optic for any individual or agency needing the best in speed and versatility. Holographic image sighting for a true, "2 eyes open" heads-up display and wide field of view. That means unmatched speed and awareness in target acquisition. 2 brightness adjustments for all conditions, and with holography. Even if the window is partially obstructed by mud, snow or rain, it's fully operational.

65 MOA circle with 1 MOA aiming dot reticle
Front window is 1/8" solid glass, rear is shatter-resistant laminate
Waterproof, submersible to 10'. Fogproof with a nitrogen-purged optical cavity. Temperature range from -40° to +150°F
Scroll through 20 brightness settings for visibility in any light
Tool-less mounting bolt fits a standard 1" Weaver® style dovetail or a Picatinny rail
1/2 MOA click adjustment
Unlimited eye relief
Non-reflective black hardcoat finish and rugged aluminum hood assembly
Uses 2 AA lithium, alkaline or rechargeable batteries (not included) and an auto shutoff feature for up to 1,000 continuous hours of use
Measures only 5.6" x 2" x 2.5"h
Key Specifications
Item Number: 139661
Magnification: 1X
Reticle: 68 MOA ring with 1 MOA dot
Eye Relief: Unlimited
Field of View @ 100 yds.: 30’ at 1X (at 3" eye relief)
Adjustment Gradation: 1/2 MOA
Max. Elevation Adjustment: 40 MOA
Max. Windage Adjustment: 40 MOA
Waterproof: Yes, submersible to 10'
Fogproof: Yes
Battery: 2 AA
Battery Life: 600 hrs.
Dimensions: 5.6" x 2" x 2.5"
Weight: 11.1 oz.
Mfg. Number: 512A65

Navigation

[0] Message Index