WEAPONS > Firearms

A/R Pistol build

<< < (2/15) > >>

Flyin6:
And for the primary sight, this time I will use the Eotech which uses "AA" batteries.

In the past i have gone stupid expensive on the ACOG, with the optic costing more than the rifle, but I keep going back to the standard (daily) argument between our gunners in Baghdad. One group went strictly for the ACOG and the other for the Eotech. There may have been a red-dot guy in there but they would have fired him for cause! Having seen these rifles banged off of helicopter skids and other gunners heads enough, I know the sight is stout. Well, last Christmas this $550ish sight was on a crazy sale for either 350 or $325 so I jumped on it...But needed a rifle to mount it on. The sig is a reacher-out-there, so that is a no go. The other M4's wear ACOG or something, and the bump-stock gun just uses iron sights.

Anyway for this very close range (100 meters and in) this Eotech will do very nicely me thinks.

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on February 05, 2018, 07:08:37 PM ---this time I will use the Eotech which uses "AA" batteries.

Anyway for this very close range (100 meters and in) this Eotech will do very nicely me thinks.

--- End quote ---

I might have an extra battery compartment in a tote somewhere. I'll have to look, if I find it, I'll send it down your way. I didn't do the battery compartment upgrade but its not hard to call EoTech and get the stuff sent to you then do it.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: BobbyB on February 05, 2018, 07:47:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on February 05, 2018, 07:08:37 PM ---this time I will use the Eotech which uses "AA" batteries.

--- End quote ---

I might have an extra battery compartment in a tote somewhere. I'll have to look, if I find it, I'll send it down your way. I didn't do the battery compartment upgrade but its not hard to call EoTech and get the stuff sent to you then do it.

--- End quote ---

So, Bobby, you used the Eotech?

TexasRedNeck:
I like the eotech but I did have one fail. They sent me a new one for a very reduced price even though it was out of warranty.  It now resides on my saiga.  Both the comp m4 and the m2 are solid so far. I traded off the acog but wish I had it back.  I like the acog with dr optic on top resting on a mid or full length AR. For tired eyes like mine it works to 300 pretty well.

I wish I could find time to build something weapon related now. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KensAuto:
What's this battery box thing Bobby? Mine eats batteries for lunch.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version