FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

Wife Does Not Play Fair. We have chickens

(1/5) > >>

longball:
A few days ago my wife sent me a picture of an apron for little girls that has a bunch of individual pockets for putting eggs in. I know that woman well as well as where this conversation is headed so I says to her "that's cute, too bad we don't have chickens". She replies with, "ok, I already bought it though, so I guess Heidi can just find something else to put in her apron". Naturally I put my boots on and did the only thing could do at that point. Went and bought a bunch of pullets.

It'll be some time before these are laying eggs. Luckily for me, at only 5 months old it'll be a while before the little one is ready for that apron. If I'm being perfectly honest though, I am looking forward to having our own chickens. It's like a little slice of my childhood brought back to me as an adult and I know good and well there'll be lessons for littles to learn from them.

Flyin6:
 :likebutton:

stlaser:
What you have to look forward to.....

This was 8 or 9 years ago, my youngest Samantha (thinking she was 5 or 6 maybe?). And yes that little chicken is asleep on her arm. It's name was fat face and it laid green eggs.

FYI, golden retriever are thieves and like to sneek in and steal eggs when you're not looking........

TexasRedNeck:
Reminds me of Johnny cash. You dirty old egg sucking dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on March 05, 2018, 07:06:53 PM ---Reminds me of Johnny cash. You dirty old egg sucking dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

ROFL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version