Hello Guest

Author Topic: Evil Red Dog Lucifer  (Read 1633 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Evil Red Dog Lucifer
« on: March 22, 2018, 05:42:26 PM »
Technically her name is Lucy and no we didn't choose it she came to us with that name at nine weeks old roughly. She is currently 18 months old and is a registered golden retriever. A nice family of four purchased her a little over a year ago and decided that she wasn't for them. They had an ad up on a local board right before Christmas 2016 trying to get rid of her. I wasn't up for dishing out a bunch of money for someone else's pick of the liter however we had one 8 year old golden and with me working from home it just worked out that we ended up with her. She's a sweet puppy but has an alternate personality which we nick named Lucifer and it is fitting. Here she is today while I'm working on her new ivory palace. Note, I'm sure she is not asleep but recovering from the last thing she decided to chew or dig up and quite possibly planning my demise. Don't let her fool you she can be a reign of terror.

So last year she destroyed our small back yard. I had to place guards around our young trees and the stone weed guard is a favorite for her to pull up and drag all over the place as she shreds it. So the wife and I had enough by last fall and wanted our back yard, deck and hot tub area back. So I started building this last fall and essentially got the rough structure in place. The roof line isn't quite level as I used the existing fence as the back or upper mount for the roof. I pulled up the sod and laid down chain link fence first to keep digging to a minimum then added stone over it. Today I built the front wire fence panels, both ends are removable. On the left end I need to build them a patio of sorts to sun themselves and give them a place to lay which is not on the stones, maybe add a dog house once it turns cold again. The covered portion is roughly 5 foot x 18 foot with another 5 foot of fenced in patio to be added. This will allow us to not have to board them on long weekend trips (neighbor boy will assist) as well as keeping our backyard intact.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 05:45:57 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Red Dog Lucifer
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 07:38:23 PM »
I have found that the red colored ones are the worst
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 11:03:13 AM »
Looks good! Grandparents had a Goldie, Sis. She was nicknamed "sinister" for the same reasons.
I have found that the red colored ones are the worst
I see what you did there :beercheers:
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 05:47:19 PM »
That thing looks like a larger version of my very, very destructive ex-red dog.

I liked it which made it harder for me to hate it, which I ultimately did...

Red Dogs= trouble/no good
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 06:14:24 PM »
speaking of don, what happened to the red dog?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 06:16:08 PM »
Well, their run is finished aside from their patio I have yet to build to sun themselves on & they reside in there a good portion of the day now.

I laid down new top soil and replanted about half the yard today with Ky bluegrass and a triple 12 fertilizer then topped it off with some straw & H2O. Figure I’ll work on other half of yard this week.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Evil Red Dog Lucifer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 07:13:36 PM »
http://www.soundboard.com/sb/TeeKay

Click on body shop.

Kentucky blue hemp super turf.

ROFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:14:52 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 07:23:20 PM »
Lol

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 07:26:23 PM »
Love it, I have listened to these guys since the late 90's

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 09:13:22 PM »

All I know is its gone...still breathing somewhere, but gone from here!

All I want to know about that critter.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 08:26:51 AM »

All I know is its gone...still breathing somewhere, but gone from here!

All I want to know about that critter.

Something tells me there is a little more to this.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 12:12:40 AM »
So Anna (9 year old, read old mouthy lady red dog) & Lucifer terrorized the grooming lady this morning. So much so that she had them groomed and ready for pickup an hour early. Lucifer’s first trip there btw.

About half way through the session I get a text from the groomer. She wanted to know if Lucifer was fixed? At this point I’m in the middle of a call and I’m reading the text and thinking wth does that have to do with a dog bath, trim & nails clipped?  :huh: Since groomer is a bit of a high strung individual and she is a female who has on occasion said things she regrets immediately afterwards I gave her ten minutes before I responded the lengthy reply of No.  :rolleyes:

Immediately receive a text back saying well she is in heat. So again ten minutes pass & I reply OK, still wondering at this moment what difference it made (slipped that in there for you Ken! :tongue: ) and no further correspondence via text other than come get your hooligans early.

I arrive and she proceeds to want to play 50 questions if we’re going to get her fixed. At which point I mutter something about her having a vet visit coming up which is followed up by a death glare from the groomer. I then give a nervous muttering about we’ll it might at the very least calm her down a bit and let me tell you no one was gunna argue for allowing Lucifer to keep her reproductive organs functioning.

Follow up on dog run, wet nasty snow this evening here. Dogs were dry as a bone on the way to bed this ev ning so at least that has worked well and they decided digging down to the buried chain link fence isn’t that much fun.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 12:13:24 AM by stlaser »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal