VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

New truck options

<< < (2/10) > >>

Bob Smith:
I do not constantly tow more than 10,000 lbs  and have to disagree with you guys. I had the 6.0 GM gas in 3 pickups and had to replace exhaust manifolds and other system parts because the heat from towing destroyed them. I got very tired of listening to the engine trying to destroy its self going uphill. Plenty of power but if you had to slow down for any reason it was very hard to get the rpm back up. Gas mileage sucked towing anything, heavy or not. Other than the problems with the DEF system on my 2011, the diesel has been very reliable and maintenance does not seam any more expensive or time consuming. I keep the engine as it came from the factory, and have the maintenance done as recommended. I think the bigger issue is cost to get into the diesel to start with. Take out a longer loan or pay more each month. If you can afford a diesel and tow at all, it is a better choice. Just have to be a bit careful where the front tires go as the diesel is heavier and you can  get stuck more easily.

KensAuto:
The truck I would buy, for towing less than 15k? An LBZ.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
I think I am sold on diesel, can’t move away from that or GM. 

The new job puts a dump trailer and a job trailer on my truck all week long

What is the issue with def on the 2011, 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Smith:
Dave, I had 3 or 4 trips back to the dealer with DEF issue problems. Poor quality warning mostly. The dealer stayed on the problems and solved the issue with sensor replacement. NOX sensors as I remember, but am betting Ken knows which ones are the problem. My  concern was having the thing go into limp mode because the computer thought the def was bad. Never did go into limp and I enjoyed the truck towing or not. On my 2016 the main computer had to be replaced with only a couple thousand miles on it. That could have happened with either gas or diesel. No issues at all since then.

TexasRedNeck:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on April 01, 2018, 12:31:46 PM ---Now Tex we both know that a gas truck isn’t in the future.  No Boost = No fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Then there’s this.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1566/overview/make/gmc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version