GENERAL TOPICS > Coffee Induced Early Morning Rant

Great Lake Off Road aka GLO

(1/10) > >>

stlaser:
Ok, so those of you who know me are aware that I sold in 2015 this company I started back in 2002. I did so in part to make the move to Colorado easier or to make the transition go smoother. The other part was that I needed a break. I had been the GM over a large laser fabrication shop for 16 years and that in of itself was a 7 day a week 24 hour gig. I then started GLO and my wife and I ran that while she went through nursing school. As if that wasn’t enough we had a small real estate development (more of a holding co really) company and our farm which I contracted out. So that’s the back story really.

In Jan of 15 I sold the company to Mike a good friend who I was in business with prior on another venture. You may recognize him as someone whom I’ve asked you to pray for in the past. Since he bought GLO he has had some major medical hurdles. It has gotten to the point where the company is too much and something had to give. So Mike called me and explained the situation. It wasn’t something he wanted to do and with everything he has going on his hand was forced, back against a wall situation.

In the past three years I did what I do & started a steel brokerage company. It’s small but we have a few clients here on the front range we service regularly. It doesn’t keep me near as busy as I used to be but it’s flexible and allows me to be around for my teenage daughters. For the record when they were young I was not around. I was in fact a workaholic for lack of a better definition. If there was an opportunity in business I went for it. Family was not my priority and well let’s just say I have changed in that regards.

So as of last Friday my brokerage company bought the remaining assets of GLO from Mike. The plan is to revamp the business I sold and rebuild it. It compliments my steel brokerage side of things and with the help of some very smart individuals I will undertake this opportunity over the next few months. I wanted it to be announced here first as you guys are like family.

So if you would say a prayer that this acquisition & transition goes smoothly for all parties involved I would appreciate it. Thank you, ST

TexasRedNeck:
Prayers that the Lord lead you to the right place and help you make wise decisions.

And good for you to make family a priority.  Time slips away quickly.

KensAuto:
Done. I'm sure it will go well.

JR:
Sounds like it is something you wanted in the long run. Prayers sent for all, but keep the family first!

Will GLO remain where it is or move out near you?

cudakidd53:
Prayers sent for all involved - go get em Shawn!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version