GENERAL TOPICS > D.O.T.

Looking for: Private, Secluded, Retreats for rent

(1/3) > >>

Superwhdm:
Mornin fellas.  I have been searching for a weekend getaway place somewhat close to us that’s along the lines of 4wd access only and completely secluded.  Preferably in the mountains of TN and NC.  I am located in Georgia.  Im looking for a private poperty to rent out for short term where I can reset.  Id love to fish, cook, brew strong coffee and sip some great Borbon in the evenings.  Just a disconnected getaway for the wife and I and to show the kids round natures beauty. 

All my searches have come up with properties geared towards hot tubs and pool tables.  Ok hot tubs would be nice but certainly not necessary.  Im looking for simple and very private.  There has to be a website or some way to contact people who are in the same mindset.  I find this difficult to come across.  Can anyone suggest a direction?

Thanks all,

Jonathan

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Superwhdm on May 16, 2018, 09:56:22 AM ---Mornin fellas.  I have been searching for a weekend getaway place somewhat close to us that’s along the lines of 4wd access only and completely secluded.  Preferably in the mountains of TN and NC.  I am located in Georgia.  Im looking for a private poperty to rent out for short term where I can reset.  Id love to fish, cook, brew strong coffee and sip some great Borbon in the evenings.  Just a disconnected getaway for the wife and I and to show the kids round natures beauty. 

All my searches have come up with properties geared towards hot tubs and pool tables.  Ok hot tubs would be nice but certainly not necessary.  Im looking for simple and very private.  There has to be a website or some way to contact people who are in the same mindset.  I find this difficult to come across.  Can anyone suggest a direction?

Thanks all,

Jonathan

--- End quote ---

Closest thing I know of is to run the hatfield and McCoy trails, camp out etc. You're walking a fine line of primitive but want some amenities' still. Probably wasn't helpful but it's the best I have for ya. 

cudakidd53:
Not close by any means, but the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in Minnesota would be a great place.  No amenities other than the thunderbox and what you canoe/carry in.  Fishing, etc. and few people to see except maybe at the more traveled portages.

TexasRedNeck:
When you say rent, for what length of time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superwhdm:
To paddle or kayak in would be awesome.  But Im partial to having my truck with me.  It carries everything I need for.....well anything.  It’s very well outfitted.

TRN I would like 2-4 nights.  Several times a year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version