TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Adirondack Chair Project

<< < (2/16) > >>

Flyin6:
I decided to start by building two of these chairs. The plans which are well laid out use boards from three different thicknesses. "Lou" created her original design using 5/4" X 6" Pressure Treated Deck Boards from Lowes. She was in fact contracted by Lowes to design something interesting for the back yard by that corporation some time ago and won some competition with her elegant design.

I'll publish the widths in a bit, sorry, but I don't have the numbers at the moment.

I ripped my rough sawn timber into the proper widths and cut out all the blanks for the two chairs:

Flyin6:
At this point, I did not have all the various archs and curves cut out, but it was time to plane or sand the boards to get them to a useable thickness.

Not a part of this build process, but I purchased a DeWalt Planner to take care of that task. This is one terrific machine, which I constructed a hasty table for.

Flyin6:
This particular machine runs at two speeds. The low speed makes a smooth cut that, frankly leaves a board which needs no sanding at all. The higher speed creates furniture grade cuts, which seem unnecessary in this material. Here is my first cut:

Flyin6:
After planing all pieces on both sides, here is the finished pieces ready for the schroll cuts:

This wood is absolutely beautiful!

Flyin6:
I completely love this new machine!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version