VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Drones, Boats, Flying and Floating Things

New to me Chaparral 1800 SCL

<< < (2/15) > >>

JR:
Well, first day on the water was fun. Began with turning it over, then click-click. Just a dirty terminal thank goodness. Used a little starter fluid to get it going, guess the choke isn't really working. Just needed it for the first cold start.

Much of the electrical need tinkering, speedo and trim gauge are in op. Trim has a mind of its own. Tach wasn't working at first, but was good after it warmed up some and the rest of the day. Topped off the fuel with just 5gal of 87. Was told gas was from jan and I added some marine stabilizer. 5 hours on the water, maybe 2 hours running and the gauge said "E" so I need to address that. The 4.3 should be good for several days of mild use with a 30+gal tank.

After a little digging it looks like it has the 3.0 prop vs the 4.3. Prop on it is just 13.25x17. Should be a 14.5x19 and also explains the plowing and the RPMs would go well over 5k if I let them.

Lower skeg is about 1/2 its normal size, so a fix there is called for. So prop and trim switch are being sourced. Oh, the cassette deck works!

Nate:
B-reak
O-ut
A-nother
T-housand

looks like a fun first day

cruizng:
Looks like fun!  :cool:

EL TATE:
really jealous of the access you have to your motor. Looks great Bob, enjoy.
easy speedo fix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQowaxPiwi8

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on August 15, 2018, 09:41:29 AM ---B-reak
O-ut
A-nother
T-housand

looks like a fun first day

--- End quote ---
Oh the truth to that...
Nice looking day for sure.

Navigation