Hello Guest

Author Topic: Raising a self thinking, head strong conservative daughter or three  (Read 1369 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Long ago my Dad told me something that has stuck with me thru the years. He told me "the problem with you is that you understand how the systems works too well and someday it is going to bite you in the butt." It's amazing how different each child can be in personality. My oldest Baylee takes after me and hardly disagrees with anything I say. In all she is a great kid, hard worker and determined. I couldn't ask for more out of a daughter really. Then along comes Shelby, and she is the most hard headed stubborn and demanding child on the planet. That phrase my Dad stated all those years ago seems to pop into my head weekly when I'm dealing with her. If I say left she says right and has been challenging from day one. Most days I'm pretty happy with her and then there are those other days. In all I have tried to instill a sense of independence with each of my three. Along with that a level head and someone who always questions why, granted that can be irritating sometimes to a Dad who wants it done now and that is all that needs to be stated.

So fast forward to Shelby's freshman year of high school fall of 2018. Baylee is a Junior and the high school in their further left leaning progression has enacted a few new rules. One of which has been a color coded by grade lanyard that is to be worn around the neck of each student. They have always had a student ID, so that is nothing new and it does things for them such as letting them into all home games if you buy that option for your child etc. The new part is the lanyard and having to wear it. Much to Shelby's dismay the campus supervisors mainly Mrs M (think rent a cop but not near as much responsibility and way more energetic) have daily told Shelby to wear this lanyard since school started. Shelby's response has been to say "ok" then not put it on and keep walking. She has always had this god given ability to let things roll off her shoulder, at times it even gets to the point I wonder if she has any ounce of empathy. Truth be known she has a lot and things do bother her but she would never let you know it.

Last spring after the parkland incident there was that whole nationwide school walkout. Well, the liberals in charge here thought it was great and actually promoted the idea. By doing so they kind of dug their own hole a bit. So Shelby since about the second week of school has decided she was going to wage a one man war on the lanyards. What is one to do when they are uncomfortable and do not match your outfit?

Early on her and Baylee came to me and asked for my opinion. I stated well, walk outs are the cool thing now so why not start there? You know use their stupidity against them. We discussed many aspects of the operation. The first and foremost would to be able to deny in case the school admins found out prior and wanted to take retribution. The main problem being Baylee does not have the personality to deny to the death. It's just not in her nature, I told them that if two people know then it's not a secret. Shelby took this to heart and let the discussion die, or so I thought. Early this last week she comes to me privately and had decided in order to protect her older sister that she would be doing this on her own. So knowing the camera system layout and doing her due diligence she had a plan to spread fliers. This is her flier below.

We again discussed her detailed plan and she decided to execute starting on Tuesday. Phase one was to dsitribute these in the girls bathrooms throughout the day. As of mid day she had texted me saying someone was picking up the bathrooms between classes. Her assumption was that it was Mrs M. picking up these fliers. I told her she had better quit for the day. She came home and we discussed phase two which was spreading the word via social media. She set up a privated encrypted account and proceeded to spread the word via a few pages that her fellow students visist daily.

To Shelby's dismay the whole walkout thing never really took off like she had envisioned. Then this morning I get texts from both Baylee and Shelby. "We no longer have to wear lanyards!" Apparently, Mrs M made an announcement over the school intercomm stating it was no longer going to be an enforced policy of having to wear the lanyards. Each student still needed to have their ID on them which was no different than any other year.

So this afternoon the girls come home and Baylee is a bit annoyed we did not include her. I had to explain to her that her little hard headed sister was protecting her and giving her denaibility. Shelby then gave me her theory that the threat of a walkout over these lanyards was enough to make the campus supervisors aka Mrs M back off enforcing this lanyard policy.

Needless to say Shelby all 5'4" of her is walking a little taller at the moment......
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:49:34 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
Re: Raising a self thinking, head strong conservative daughter or three
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:01:17 PM »
A conservative applies liberal tactics to defeat a policy that embodies the do as I say liberal view point........priceless!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 11:25:57 PM »
Nice!

still trying to figure out where she got the hard headedness from. :rollseyes
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 05:28:03 AM »
Nice!

still trying to figure out where she got the hard headedness from. :rollseyes

Mother’s side of course..... :wink:

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 08:51:29 AM »
Too cool. The fact that she even included you in the discussion and plan speaks volumes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 09:16:02 AM »
Too cool. The fact that she even included you in the discussion and plan speaks volumes about her father’s subversive nature .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 10:10:26 PM »
Can’t argue with either of those statements, thanks guys!  :beercheers:

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 03:42:36 PM »
So what I see is a career in Psy-Ops for the young subservisive!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 04:25:05 PM »

I think you're on to something Boss.....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 08:00:54 PM »

The best ones I ever saw were smart females

Just sayin...

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 10:33:53 PM »

Just sayin...

Well, she takes after her momma so she’s smart. Albeit sometimes too smart for her own good. I passed along the info and explained it to her. She’s curious, although she has been looking hard at a law degree thus far.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 10:14:05 AM »

Just sayin...

Well, she takes after her momma so she’s smart. Albeit sometimes too smart for her own good. I passed along the info and explained it to her. She’s curious, although she has been looking hard at a law degree thus far.
The best funded part of the US military is probably Special Operations. Of the Army side of it, we put a lot of stock in our psychological operations. They work with deployed SF "A" teams and other small team operators. They also work in NSA and DIA to effect "Change" in places we need an attitude adjustment.

The career starts in the Armee, but branches into places which seldom see the light of day. Good career if you want to be a spy/operator

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal