Hello Guest

Author Topic: Glocks  (Read 12795 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glocks
« on: October 08, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »
I like the Glock pistol
It's a combat proven winner. I can say that first hand as I have carried the glock in combat as my backup to my trusty M4 carbine and sometimes AK-47

I like several models and believe use each one in a particular niche that it fits well

One thing that I really like about it is the lack of safeties. I don't know how many times I handed my Beretta 92F to a person at a range with the de-cocking lever facing down and watched them pull the trigger over and over, then report that "The gun doesn't work" Now that is after instruction and practice. I just imagine what will happen when that element of stark raving fear is introduced???

Here's my lineup:
G21
G30
G23
G19
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Glocks
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 03:07:30 PM »
The baby of the group is the Glock 19, a compact 9 X 19, or 9mm. It is the one I carried for two tours in Iraq as a pilot. I fit it well into my vest when I flew the "Little bird" and on my leg when I flew the Bell 412 and actually had some room up front.

Firing the 9mm, I use hydra-shock ammunition. I can place shots well, even when I am scared, like when my wife has just caught me spending money on my truck, or situations even worse than that!

So the 9mm can get it done, but you need to connect the dots twice and with fairly well placed shots.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 03:10:44 PM »
Next is quickly becoming my favorite, the Glock 23 which fires the very powerful .40 which as we all know is a law enforcement favorite

Packing a powerful punch it is still small, and about the same size as the 9mm G19

I felt I needed a .40 just in case police ammunition is all I ever have access to in a post collapse situation. But this pistol is now my CC weapon of choice...and it's a gen 4 with the adjustable back strap

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »
My first CC weapon, believe it or not is this huge Glock 30 in my favorite cartridge, the .45 auto. Want something to stay shot? Use a .357 magnum or a .45. It makes holes just too big to keep air and blood inside. One hit should get the job done of protecting you or your family.

It is bulky, and I use a full size Glock 21 magazine it to get some additional rounds

This weapon has digested maybe 2500 rounds and I have NEVER cleaned it!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 03:17:11 PM »
Here's what I use for home defense, a full sized Glock 21 in .45 auto. I like a big full sized gun when I'm not dragging around 40 pounds of uniform, boots, vest, helmet, chewing gum, radios, sewing kits, fishin' lures...well you get the picture.

It is dead reliable and after I get done with the shooting, makes a formidable club!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 03:19:09 PM »
A view from the top
1st: G19
2nd G23
3rd G30
4th G21

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
You scuff up Household 6's table and all those won't protect you from that wrath!
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
Love the Glocks also. I have the 23 and just obtained my service 22, both are 40sw for those who don't know.

I have a 1911 Commander, Springfield XDS and a Mac10 all in 45ACP. Only issue with the 45 is price and accuracy suffers with heavy rounds. 220's JHP are great for stopping, but 185s are more accurate. That is the same as the 40sw, 185grain JHP.

We used to carry the SW 4006. I remember the thumbs up clearing, what a pain. It broke on the range (ejection pin) but mine still fired til broken down. It was also never very accurate.

As for 9mm I have seen what it doesn't do when the shot is not placed well (sure you guys have seen more). Nice little hole but it just doesn't have meat of a 180-200 grain bullet.

I also have several 30 round drop free mags for them (don't get KCI) nice is all the glocks of the same caliber can use the same mags and some even have a sleeve for normal carry.

I also have one of these, just 3.5 lbs and uses a 22 magazine; http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/sub-2000/rifle/

Now this is a go case!!

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 09:17:08 PM »
I also have one of these, but remember you have a SBR if you put it together. But a nice option you can get for around $300.

http://www.caa-il.com/viewCategory.asp?catID=376

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 01:53:34 AM »
Nice toys!

Did some shooting tonight with the new 23

Darned thing prints right where the sights are

Even hit a camera sized target at about 30 meters with it, and on a double!

I'm happy

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 02:06:15 AM »
They are nice, tad snug for a big hand but shoots clean.

Did the same with my MP 40 Shield a few weeks back. Had the boy put a bottle on the hillside about 20yd out, first shot took it and that was my first shot with that gun.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 10:29:47 AM »
Up until recently, i was partial to the Springfield platform, in 45. EDC was the XDs 45, and nightstand/owb belt gun is the XDm 45 with the TLR-4 light laser... Mainly never got into Glocks because, well everyone else was.

Then I shot my buddies G19.

Now I have an OD G19.

Now it is my favorite carry pistol.

Now, well you see where this is going.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 01:49:54 PM »
Me too.
I always favored the old 1911 and then developed a sweet spot for the Beretta 92F's...

Then I trained on the G19 at Blackwater, and I guess I've never looked back.

When they started showing up in the holsters of other combat guys over there, I could see how the community was embracing a true combat gun

Don's TCG Definition (True Combat Gun) Always shoots, no safetys, can kill with a single shot, always shoots, and finally, when you pull the trigger, it always shoots.

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
I've got two G19's, one plain and one with a ctc red dot.  We looked at all the other options to evaluate everything completely, but the deciding factor was two fold - my wife was able to comfortably hold and shoot the G19 and her father has carried them as a K9 officer for many years, so all our magazines will interchange.  She really wanted the red dot to assist with aiming if she ever really needed to depend on it.

What are everyone else's thoughts on using the red laser on a home defense gun?  My wife wants it for aiming (thus it's on her gun) whereas my gun does not have one because I don't want anything to give my position away.

I would still like to add a mounted flashlight to both of them, suggestions?

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 02:55:40 PM »
There are others way more qualified than me here that can, and should, chime in... but i chose to have a light/laser combo (Streamlight TLR-4) on my bedside gun for a couple reasons. One, i wear glasses, and it's hard me to see my sights at night without them. I can pick up the laser in the light beam pretty easily without them, so if for some reason i couldn't get the ole spectacles on, i could be effective. So that's part of it. Also, if i'm going to be shining a light, may as well throw a red dot on target too.

I'm not of LEO or Military background, so take that feedback for what it is... just a regular ole dude's
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 03:30:25 PM »
I agree, if in the house and you need to turn on the laser, it is better than throwing bullets around that may or may not do the job.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 10:19:46 PM »
And if the truth be known, lasers can be used to flash-dazzle a person.

Sweep it across their Mark1 eyeballs a few times then walk up and examine them for weapons

and

Green lasers are the most damaging to the Mark 1 peepes

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 10:50:32 PM »
And if the truth be known, lasers can be used to flash-dazzle a person.

Sweep it across their Mark1 eyeballs a few times then walk up and examine them for weapons

and

Green lasers are the most damaging to the Mark 1 peepes

Good to know, Hope I never need to try, but good to know

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 08:20:13 AM »
The enemy knows, and our government knows...just sayin...

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 05:18:21 PM »
I would like to get my first pistol, and thought a Glock in 9mm would be a good choice. Was looking at the Glock 17, seems like a decent gun for the price. It's a little big, but that doesn't much matter as I can't carry it around or anything except to take it to the range, you know, being in Canada and all. :)

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 05:34:46 PM »
Shoot both the 17 and the 19, see which one you like the feel of better. You can always throw the 17 mags into the 19, if your mitts like the feel of the 19 better.
NRA Life Member

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 05:59:45 PM »
Oh good to know, it never crossed my mind that they may be able to share mags.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 06:09:04 PM »
Glock 26, same thing... can take the 19 and 17 mags.

Same thing for 27, 23, 22 in 40 cal.

NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 06:22:26 PM »
I would like to get my first pistol, and thought a Glock in 9mm would be a good choice. Was looking at the Glock 17, seems like a decent gun for the price. It's a little big, but that doesn't much matter as I can't carry it around or anything except to take it to the range, you know, being in Canada and all. :)

Shoot both the 17 and the 19, see which one you like the feel of better. You can always throw the 17 mags into the 19, if your mitts like the feel of the 19 better.

There's really only 1/2"  (if that) between the 2 in length and the grip is probably the same difference. And 2 more rounds in the mag for the 17. The newer Gen 4's have backstraps with a beavertail on them, helps keep the web by your thumb, from being a victim of slide bite...

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:24:07 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 11:18:30 AM »
I was the same i loved my XDM for CC and didn't want anything to do with a glock……then i bought a 23 and needless to say i love it. However, just like every other pistol i have i had to block my magazines to 9 rounds to have them in my house in hawaii. Don't worry i have a fast reload i shall destroy just as much paper with two 9 round mags vice one 18.
-Seth

“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and to American tradition.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 11:25:17 AM »
Don i know you said you carried a glock but big navy has seen fit to take my beautiful beretta m9 and replace it with a tiny little sig m11 and i don't like anything about it so I'm hoping that someone can cheer me up and tell me that the constant problems I'm having with this POS (petite operating system) are in my head.
-Seth

“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and to American tradition.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »
to take my beautiful beretta m9 and replace it with a tiny little sig m11

Isn't the M11 a military version of the 226?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »
I carried a Glock 19 in Baghdad, so I am sorta attached to it. And I run G17 mags in it with extended floor plates. You always shoot a lot in a shoot-fest.

As for current day laws vs post breakdown, well...

Think about this. If the US tanks, Canada will follow in kind shortly thereafter. I'd go with the combat gun you want and that would be one that fits tight spaces, i.e. G19.
It shoots just as well as the G17, but fits in pockets. At the moment I have a G23 in my pocket which I had there for church this morning, then Panera bread for lunch, and now I'm taking it to my sons championship football game. IT is identical in size to the G19

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 08:20:32 AM »

Isn't the M11 a military version of the 226?

Yes its a 228 and its a great gun just not ambidextrous which makes it a challenge to swap hands
-Seth

― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 09:46:53 AM »
Yes its a 228 and its a great gun just not ambidextrous which makes it a challenge to swap hands

Oh ok, got the numbers mixed up. I'm assuming Sig makes it nay impossible to make things ambidextrous?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2014, 11:45:44 PM »
Thats another reason I got the Keltec 2000, takes glock mags!!

Lasers can do many things, but I don't like lights much. I do own a few with lasers but more for shotguns. If its in the light, it will get hit.

As for lights, not for home defense. What they do is tell someone where you are. Leave the lights off, you know your home, they don't.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2014, 09:00:56 PM »
The entire universe of polymer striker fired pistols are copies of the Glock.  A great read is "Glock, The Rise of America's Gun" about the creation and controversy surrounding the Glock.

They all work the same and they all always go "bang"  I can train with my 17 and pick up anyone and be competent and effective.

My trainer is a G17 and it has more than 18,000 round through it without a failure.  It has always gone bang, even though it eats almost exclusively Wolf steel cased ammo.

I like them enough to have: 26/19/17/26/23/22/36/30/21/and the 20.  For the barter and EOTWAWKI I have stashed half dozen 21s and many mags for standardization.

The cooolest weapon of the bunch is the 20 with the KKM barrel and custom loads.  210gn Hornady XTP at over 1325fps.....with 14 rounds in the mag. 
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 11:38:29 PM »
Here's my OD G19, for all you OD fans...

NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 07:14:50 AM »
Here's my OD G19, for all you OD fans...

Looks FDE to me. But regardless of color its nice. Just get it? Shoot it yet?

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 10:02:54 AM »
I know, it does... Bad lighting. It's the OD one though. Yeah, nice shooter. I'd shot my buddy's gen 3 before this and really liked the system. Hated the sights, so switched out to Ameriglo 2-dot. Will switch over my Springfields to the 2-dot as well. Predominantly XD platform before this, and have decided that I'll stay Springfield for 45 and run Glocks for 9mm. But I am a huge fan of this G19. Carries like a dream in my Crossbreed SuperTuck, just a dandy.
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »
I know, it does... Bad lighting. It's the OD one though. Yeah, nice shooter. I'd shot my buddy's gen 3 before this and really liked the system. Hated the sights, so switched out to Ameriglo 2-dot. Will switch over my Springfields to the 2-dot as well. Predominantly XD platform before this, and have decided that I'll stay Springfield for 45 and run Glocks for 9mm. But I am a huge fan of this G19. Carries like a dream in my Crossbreed SuperTuck, just a dandy.

Wanna post a pic of the sight picture (as best you can) with the 2 dots when you mount them?

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 10:14:42 PM »
Here you go... Kinda blurry but this is as best I can do.

And just for fun, the rest of my carry pistols I rotate based on how deep I need to conceal etc. Glock 19 and Springfield XDs 45 in Crossbreed Supertucks, Ruger LCP in a Desantis pocket holster, and the Springfield XDm 45 in a Raven Concealment Phantom light compatible kydex OWB.

Edit: G19 looks a little more OD than FDE in this photo also if you can tell... In sunlight versus artificial light, even moreso
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:16:19 PM by Dawg25385 »
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2014, 10:21:28 PM »
Nice sights. How good are they in the dark? Like dawn/dusk/house? or do they not glow?

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2014, 10:32:59 PM »
They are real nice. I have no problem picking up the dots in any light, though I've only practiced in no/low light, not live shooting. Yes they're night sights, the tritium is actually made by Trijicon even though they're Ameriglo sights.

When funds allow, i'm going to convert both my Springfields over to the Heinie Straight Eight (2 dot) night sights as well. Unless Ameriglo puts out versions for the XD platform when i finally get to it.

My Sig 1911 and Sig P238 have Novak night sights, but they're safe queens so no use in monkeying with them  ;)
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2014, 11:25:44 PM »
They are real nice. I have no problem picking up the dots in any light, though I've only practiced in no/low light, not live shooting. Yes they're night sights, the tritium is actually made by Trijicon even though they're Ameriglo sights.

When funds allow, i'm going to convert both my Springfields over to the Heinie Straight Eight (2 dot) night sights as well. Unless Ameriglo puts out versions for the XD platform when i finally get to it.

My Sig 1911 and Sig P238 have Novak night sights, but they're safe queens so no use in monkeying with them  ;)

Nice

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2014, 01:16:23 PM »
Hey Don,
cant believe you  are still running the plastic Glock sights! ??

Yep, haven't broke yet

Reminded me of a story

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away a guy, we'll call him Bill was a new arrival to wally world. A magical place where warriors were allowed to be just that. Well our young little bill who was from the hills went on a mission. As things would have it, the shooting soon started. Just funnin' around this time but shootin never the less. Little Bill from the hills pulled out his decrepit M1911 which he had to buy himself...You see in this magical world the warriors had to purchase their own weapons...cause the Armee they worked for all had stupid guns that were way too wrong for real shootin. So little hill-bill chose a .45 auto since he had once carried it when he was a real man livin in Tanks.

His older mentor guy pulled out this zipped up .45 that just came back from Wilson Combat. It had wifi internet, Netflix, a garbage disposal, and custom naugahyde stitching...well, it was jazzed up. This mentor guy started shootin with hill-bill and couldn't do any better. Seems hill-bill knew a thing or two about shootin. so the rounds kept ah flyin. Then right in the middle of a double tap, the mentor guys pistol came apart! Yup, the rear sight flew off of it renderin' that hardware as accurate as my single shot .410 shotgun with a single brass post up front.

Learned something there...when it's a gun, and it's workin...don't mess with it

Me knowin something of hill-bill decided to learn that lesson meself!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2014, 02:14:16 PM »
Bought a gen 4 23 back late October

Nice gun
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:56:46 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline chung

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2015, 01:13:40 AM »
Did I hear Glocks? Apologies in advance for going Lazarus on this thread  ;)  Is it weird, that they fit me well and I want them all? I've bought and sold plenty, but at the end of the day the Glocks stay. Not to mention to zombie apocalypse benefits of owning one and being able to find commonality in mags and parts with what I assume to be a large percentage of the population you will come across.

I'll play with two pair...

Caleb

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2015, 09:58:53 AM »
Glocks...It's hard to own just one!

I'm a lightweight with just 4
9mm .45  .45  .40

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2015, 11:10:46 AM »
I mod my own stuff, so Glocks are it for me.  To mod my sigs, or colts, or S&Ws is just too complicated.  Glocks are simple and reliable.
I started standardizing to stockpile and settled on G21s and 17s.  Still keep the 26, 27, 19,23, 22 and the big gun, the modded 20, but when the time comes to barter, the 17s and 21s will fetch good value.  And lots and lots of extra mags, parts, springs, etc.

BTW, natchez shooters has glock mags on sale for $19.99 if you want to stock up.

When I get some time, and I get my reloading shack built up at the weekend place, I'll post up a how to on the Ghost Rocket trigger mods.  I won't own a Glock without that mod.  Makes the weapon much much sweeter to shoot. Super fast and accurate double taps.  Bout as close to a crisp 45 trigger you'll ever get in a Glock.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline chung

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2015, 01:42:11 PM »
Just 17s and 19s for me as I've consolidated pistol calibers to mainly 9mm. I'll have to look into the ghost rocket mods. This place is the first I'm hearing of them.

That's a good price on mags!

As for me, I have just gone with an extended slide release and try to put trijicon HD's on every Glock. I am a huge believer in those sigjts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caleb

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2015, 11:43:16 PM »
https://www-ghostinc-com.app-hosted.com/c=53m7svA1aw1o9DLM4mkjEGGYL/s=www.ghostinc.com/category/08_35_rocket/

Here is the link.  I just ordered 3 more for some  Glocks that I have stockpiled.  When they get here I'll do the installation and write up.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 08:23:14 AM »
I think you just hit on an idea for another "Build" thread.

Red Neck, why don't you start a thread on glock mods. Personally, I have a couple slide release extensions sitting around that I have not installed.

We could cover magazine extensions, trigger mods, sights (HC was on me for running stock sights!) and anything else.

Then we could have a separate thread for the XD folks, the 1911 guys, and whatever else tickles you'll's fancy (A double apostrophe legal?)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2015, 07:45:29 PM »
(A double apostrophe legal?)

Bout like us Texans saying "all y'all", meaning more than 3 people....rofl

Will do Don.  Should have them soon and will start on the thread.  My personal recipie.  Ghost Rocket trigger mod, polishing the transfer bar/trigger bar, installing night sights, and extended mag release. I have fiddled with extended mag floorplates on the G21s, but meh, not sure if its really worth it.

I do not believe in stainless guide rods.  I have an authorative book on Glocks and they did a 1000 round torture test.  dozens of mags pre loaded and they pulled the trigger as fast as they could and just kept loading and firing until the gun was so hot that it boiled off water when they threw it in a pan of water afterwards.  No damage and the guide rod kept working.

Same same with the trigger springs and recoil springs.  No need unless they break.  Somewhere around 17000 rounds on my trainer g17 the trigger spring broke but other than that nary a hiccup.

I did install the underwater firing pin cups just for fun, 'cause we all know we want to be one of those guys that are deadly even under water!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal