TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Additional shop air considerations

(1/17) > >>

stlaser:
Ok, so I currently have an Eaton compressor on a 60 gal tank. It’s 5 hp motor and it’s rated 18cfm at 100 psi. I have another 60 gallon tank with compressor mount I picked up for $50 and then another 120 gallon storage tank for $200 so 240 gallon total storage. I’m considering another compressor on the 60 gallon tank and plumbing all three together. Prices are listed below for motor and compressor. Was originally thinking an identical setup to what I have. Recall I’m cheap so less is sometimes better but getting ready to setup a cabinet I have to do axle housings and parts. I am by no means a blasting expert. I don’t use much shop air other than for blasting. Thoughts?

5hp @ 18 cfm @ 100 psi $800
7.5hp @ 26 cfm @ 100 psi $1050
10hp @ 43 cfm @ 100 psi $1500

There will be a little truck freight on top of those prices in addition.

TexasRedNeck:
If you are blasting big parts you need a lot. A LOT of air.

www.mediablast.com/sandblasting-compressed-air-chart

I’d add the biggest to what you already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Thanks Charles, not my wallet thanking you but you get the idea.....

KensAuto:
Just rent a scroll compressor now and then. 125cfm can push one heck of a blaster.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on April 04, 2020, 04:32:02 PM ---Just rent a scroll compressor now and then. 125cfm can push one heck of a blaster.

--- End quote ---

Screw compressor? Yeah, not into renting equipment. The last screw compressors we had IR were crap too.

So by using that nice chart Charles provided and going with his recommendation of bigger is best. I’d have 61 cfm available at 100 psi. Guess I should call Eaton Monday and see what they can do. I believe last time I bought motor and compressor head from them. With above figures I was sourcing motor from amazon as I couldn’t find motors on their site. Maybe they can do a package deal....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version