Hello Guest

Author Topic: Praise Reports  (Read 741 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Praise Reports
« on: June 30, 2021, 07:58:40 AM »
Please acknowledge some personal experience where our God and creator did something in your life

Someone may benefit from hearing a good word

All of us would enjoy hearing about how God works.

Oh, and all you heathens, junkers and DOT's. No talk of tractors, chain saws, new cars N' trucks!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 08:01:08 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Praise Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 07:59:15 AM »
Repost from another thread:

Sharing something neat:

Yesterday I was working outside in the excessive heat. Swinging a sledge hammer trying to knock a retaining pin that weighed 35 lbs or more back into the boom of my excavator...overhead.
It was so hot I could only take a few swings and I'd start getting nauseous. Right in the middle of that, I said: Father, probably won't do it, but I sure could use a little breeze right about now.
Instantly a breeze came! Like in one second.
Shows two things:
My faith is weak that I did not think that God was around, nor that he would reach down and help me
and
That his is not. He is always the same. He tells us he loves us, and in the midst of my suffering and doubt, he just did
Again!

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 11:10:18 AM »
My sister and brother in-law had been turned off of church because of some people that are in the church do unchristen things. They dropped out and hadn't planned on going back so their youngest daughter has never been exposed much to church. For the last 2 years we have been taking her to church and youth and  this last year we have also started taking their granddaughter (their oldest daughters kid). Our prayer has been that they will come to know the Lord. Last week our grand niece who is 8 started asking questions about being saved an sin and wanting her own bible. We got her one. Our niece is going to youth and has gone on her first youth trip. Which is big becuase she would rather stay in her room and do nothing. She has also sat down and talked with us and the youth pastor. And just to show God can move mountains my in-laws have started come to church on Sunday morning. Praise God.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 11:10:50 AM »
Repost from another thread:

Sharing something neat:

Yesterday I was working outside in the excessive heat. Swinging a sledge hammer trying to knock a retaining pin that weighed 35 lbs or more back into the boom of my excavator...overhead.
It was so hot I could only take a few swings and I'd start getting nauseous. Right in the middle of that, I said: Father, probably won't do it, but I sure could use a little breeze right about now.
Instantly a breeze came! Like in one second.
Shows two things:
My faith is weak that I did not think that God was around, nor that he would reach down and help me
and
That his is not. He is always the same. He tells us he loves us, and in the midst of my suffering and doubt, he just did
Again!
Amen!

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 07:08:18 PM »
I had asked for prayer some time ago for my wife and her efforts in starting a sober living center in the county we live in. Well it has been with out some issues but it is wonderful to see the Lord move in others lives. Tammy is known for being the tough love person but some times that is what is needed. The following was posted  on Facebook by one of the ladies that live in the Seminole County House of Hope.

Just got done playing the piano.  I hadn't played for 20 years before I started my sobriety here,  after an angel,  Kerry Lynn Givens stopped at the Westtown Day Center, and sent me to The Haven Detox in Sherman,  TX.
I had lived on the streets of Oklahoma City for 5 years (other than 3 short stints of renting rooms and 1 house).
I was so very weary of the life,  and so worn out physically, mentally as well as emotionally.  Kerry offered to send me to The Seminole County House of Hope,  and my life has changed so much! Tammy Swarb Wall,  Rhonda Collier,  Misty Nevora Brewer and the other people who donate their time, hope,  and wisdom to us ladies there, while also leading us to a relationship,  a well as a strong faith in Christ. They are all angels in disguise.  I am so very thankful and blessed that God has placed me here! I now have 126 days of sobriety of all drugs and alcohol!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 07:13:04 PM »
That’s awesome, to be able to find a long lost love and pick it back up again

Truly wish I had stuck with piano playing. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 09:04:14 AM »
Thanks to the both of you

The plague of our age!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 09:05:51 AM »
Awesome. God works all things for good.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 07:15:09 AM »
Kind of late on this but last Saturday I got back from the mission trip to Salt Lake City with our churches youth. We walked about 8 miles each day putting door hangers on doors and in the afternoon did VBS type stuff for kids in the park. We did this all for a seed/planted church in that part of the city (first evangelical church in that area). The praise is to see 25 young people but off themselves and total serve God and their fellow man was such a blessing. 2nd praise is that I made! And 3rd was that a Dave jumped in and gave us some ideas of place to feed the group. Thanks again Dave and everyone for the prayers

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal