TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Room for a larger TV

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
We have a house full of TVs. I couldn't begin to name all of them, but one thing I have noticed is that as Kat and I age, we are not going downstairs anymore to watch our giant projection TV. Ya, it's a favorite on game day or when the grandkids want to binge on Disney on a sleepover. Mater of fact, there are still blankets and pillows on the floor down there from the last sleep-over.
Well aside from that we seem to have a number of 42" TVs and I was pretty OK with that, but one day I mentioned to Kathy that we should move up to something like a 65" unit.

I should have never said that because right there I launched her on a quest. She's a value shopper. The fun is in the seeking and all that. She's deadly with the local shopping club and she has just been waiting. When I was doing the lift on the Jeep, she pulled in, popped the hatch on her Caddy and did her best Vanna White.

Yep, a new 65" TV. I think she picked that up for under $300 so she made a score...But...What I really wanted was an 80" TV. :-(

Flyin6:
Here's what I am currently working with, and that is a 42" TV

Flyin6:
Oh, yes, I always seem to wake up with chores created the night before by that big hairy dog!

Flyin6:
Now, I also planned to paint the wall unit when I was finished and start to turn our wood trim into painted trim. The builder who put this together while I was slinging bullets in Afghanistan just stained the wood trim and gave it one coat of Poy with no further sanding...El cheapo.

I don't like it, it looks like it was a rush to finish. So I felt Either I need to steel wool everything and give it two more coats or just sand it, seal it, and paint it.

Anyway while I was tearing things out and scratching up the pretty maple, she declares that we need to just leave everything wood!!!!!!

Tear out started...

Flyin6:
I decided I could just cut the appropriate sice hole out from all that shelving while it remained more or less intact. The tool for the job was this style saw. I normally only use Japanese saws, but I gave this Irvin a try. I can report, it did not survive. It was missing teeth by the end of the day!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version