Hello Guest

Author Topic: Snowfall  (Read 3444 times)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Snowfall
« on: November 24, 2014, 07:06:38 PM »
Wee!! 7" of snow is supposed to fall tonight. That was a sarcastic "Wee" Yes I like the snow, I hate the bad drivers in said snow. I'm already listening to the people in their cars with the fart cans, trying to drive... and failing.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Snowfall
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »

Lol it felt like that driving home. Of course the crap stock XJ headlights didn't help. Made the drive home more enjoyable.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 07:58:28 AM »
Those dynatracs doing well for ya in the snow, Bobby?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:07:50 AM »
Those dynatracs doing well for ya in the snow, Bobby?

Affirm, I love these DuraTracs. They spin a little in the deep slush, but once they clean themselves, they dig and grab. I haven't used 4wd yet, except when I start at intersections or driving out of the underground parking garage and up the hill, mostly just to get all the joints and all that 4x4 voodoo in sync.

I highly recommend them. I haven't gotten stuck yet, they feel pretty planted to the road as well. Next vehicle I own is getting a set.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:09:40 AM by BobbyB »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 09:41:47 PM »
...And Bear approved, no doubt!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 09:56:32 AM »
...And Bear approved, no doubt!

With his big feet, he gets great traction....sorta. He's about as graceful as a bull in a china shop.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »
give him time bobby, the boy is still young.  :D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »

I know, but I'm thinking grace isn't going to be one of his strong suits.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 05:44:27 PM »

I know, but I'm thinking grace isn't going to be one of his strong suits.
Wrecking balls aren't graceful either, but they are darned effective!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 08:13:47 PM »
Wrecking balls aren't graceful either, but they are darned effective!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Truth. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:20:21 PM by BobbyB »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 11:49:52 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all you boneheads too, it was a good one with inlaws to boot.

Brings back memories, my dad (gunny) was called a bull in a china shop all the time.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 08:53:39 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all you boneheads too, it was a good one with inlaws to boot.

Brings back memories, my dad (gunny) was called a bull in a china shop all the time.
Marines don't get "sensitivity" training...

God Bless em!

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 08:50:34 PM »
Spent the last 36 ish hours playing with 14" of snow and some real blowing!  Very thankful for a two stage snow blower.  Plows did an iffy job on some local streets- one stretch had plowed grass along shoulder which was interesting when snow covering it turned into soft shoulder on one side and the 14"+ unplowed on the right!  Discoverd this on my short drive to Cabela's to "get out" and stock some essentials- new .50 cal ammo can.  Filled it with .22 ammo and still have 4500 rounds un-canned- came to realization today that I don't need any more unless good deal on it!  :o
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 02:57:09 AM »
don't need any more unless good deal on it!  :o

Use the surplus as training ammo for wee ones or just to relax and enjoy some quality range time with no real timeframe.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 08:31:15 AM »
Spent the last 36 ish hours playing with 14" of snow and some real blowing!  Very thankful for a two stage snow blower.  Plows did an iffy job on some local streets- one stretch had plowed grass along shoulder which was interesting when snow covering it turned into soft shoulder on one side and the 14"+ unplowed on the right!  Discoverd this on my short drive to Cabela's to "get out" and stock some essentials- new .50 cal ammo can.  Filled it with .22 ammo and still have 4500 rounds un-canned- came to realization today that I don't need any more unless good deal on it!  :o
You folks in Chicagoland and the north east are getting hammered this year! And more on the way...Ouch!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 08:36:57 AM »
don't need any more unless good deal on it!  :o

Use the surplus as training ammo for wee ones or just to relax and enjoy some quality range time with no real timeframe.
I had the pre-Rangers on the range this past Saturday. "Dog Bite" started in on his Rugger .22 and some of Dad's 25 round magazines. It was a shoot fest to be sure. Then he wanted to shoot the AK. That little guy was hammering away on a "more or less" pistol range with a AK-47. The M4 style adjustable stock in the short position works for him pretty well. The larger one got into his new 20 gage Mossberg and went through 100 rounds shooting zombie targets.
I did manage to score another 1000 .22LR Remington stuff to plink with so we're G T G

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 09:00:05 AM »
I had the pre-Rangers on the range this past Saturday. "Dog Bite" started in on his Rugger .22 and some of Dad's 25 round magazines. It was a shoot fest to be sure. Then he wanted to shoot the AK. That little guy was hammering away on a "more or less" pistol range with a AK-47. The M4 style adjustable stock in the short position works for him pretty well. The larger one got into his new 20 gage Mossberg and went through 100 rounds shooting zombie targets.
I did manage to score another 1000 .22LR Remington stuff to plink with so we're G T G

You already gave him a nickname/callsign  huh..

Sounds like the familia had fun, which is always good.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 09:15:53 AM »

You already gave him a nickname/callsign  huh..

Sounds like the familia had fun, which is always good.
I call him lots of things
Funny story:
When the kids were younger I called one of them "No-Good" and the other one "Good for Nothing"  Just a fun thing, and they got a kick out of it and for the longest time it was working pretty well. Then one evening we were of=ver to the church for and evening class and I took the boys with me. The head deacon was teaching the class and since the boys were the only youth present they got acknowledged by the deacon. He inquired, and who might you two boys be? One stood and proudly announced to the world, "I'm no good, and he's good for nothing!"

That was the end of that...

A bit later the little guy had his arm almost bitten off by our Shepherd, I think I mentioned that before. That's when I knew he could be a ranger...When he awoke in the morning after surgery I was at his bedside. He looked at me and said, "Dad, I really think I am going to be a Ranger!" I asked why? He looked at the mound of bandages and said, "Because I can take that!"

Hence the name "Dog Bite"

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »
Hmm so I think it's a good callsign/nickname.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal