Hello Guest

Author Topic: My loadouts  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
My loadouts
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:44:55 AM »
The first one is my quick don plate carrier. It always stays in my truck or patrol car. Front has- mags, spare cuffs, multi tool, and med kit. In the event some AH starts shooting up a school or factory in my AO, I can throw this over my head, pull straps tight and engage.

The second is my soft armor- SWAT vest. I can put my plates in to it before a call out pretty easy. Three and three mags- radio holster- cuffs- small fixed blade, cuffs, and some specialized equipment.
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My loadouts
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:44:07 AM »
That stuff looks way too clean  ;-)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »
You're right... I try not to fall down a whole lot! Low crawling isn't as popular in the metro as it is in the sandbox! ;-) don't wear it long enough to sweat... It's really a pretty good gig!
Remember I was a pilot
Our stuff was always clean lookin
Until one day a SF SGM Grabbed me and started spray painting all over my vest and everything that was in it
Then it always looked dirty
Then after a few years of sweating the thing white every day, it got that proper lived in look
Well, to be more specific, they got their lived in looks
I used, I don't know, a half dozen or more vests. I still have two of them downstairs and gave a third to Duane a couple years ago
So you using level 4 multi-strike, thin plates or that giant Marine stuff?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 01:42:04 PM »
I have a set of level IV and a set of AR500... Don't wear those yet. Watching some spatter mitigation products get tested first... Prolly get them double coated in linex or smtg is the route I'm looking in to
So, you bought the 500 plates before they came coated?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 02:20:56 PM »
I told those morons for years steel plates were no bueno. What good is your torso being protected just to catch exploded bullet matter to the jugular and your man parts!
Concur
I remember all the way back to Just cuz (panama invasion) Where we were issued this wacky vest with overlapping 3/8" steel plates that clacked and weighed who knows how much

So I climbed in the cockpit to haul some bubbas out to that fortress thing at the pacific end of the canal. Some bad guys were holed up in there and we were given the job of taking them out. Couple chinooks, lots of you guys, special flavor though...
So I climb in the cockpit with that vest on, My MP-5SD strapped across the front of it, and a whole bunch of mags strapped to my non collective leg and crashed down with a thud. In the other seat sat an old Vietnam veteran CW4. he was only wearing a flight suit with a 9mm pistol sticking halfway out of one pocket.
So feeling like the tin man and now the veteran of what, 2 days combat if you wanna call it that, I ask, So, Dennis I'm kinda new at this what should I do. He says "take a look out there...between us and that fortress we're about to fly into, What do you see?"

I see water, I said, pretty sure that was the answer he was looking for. He continued, "Think you can swim with all that on?" he asked. "No" I answered, and he continued, "What did the intel guys just tell you they had in there to shoot at us with?" Remembering, I answered, "A single 57mm cannon and some 12.7 diskas" Dennis asked, " Think all those noisy plates will stop a 57mm round?"

Without saying a word I stood up in the cockpit, removed the vest and stuffed it under my seat. "Good call troop" he nodded, "Helmets! Lets get this show on the road!"

Yea, I don't use steel plate which isn't welded to something that is driving or flying me around.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 05:26:07 PM »
Gotcha
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal