Hello Guest

Author Topic: Gator's gone!  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Gator's gone!
« on: December 14, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
I am here to report the Gator has found itself a new home.

It moved out of our care a week ago and onto a hobby farm under the stewardship of a like minded gentleman.

I suppose I really didn't have a mission for the thing as it departed here with barely 22 hours showing on the clock! After exploring the possibility of turbocharging it to gain some power, I was coming up nada on some important questions. Namely the clutch. You see it is limited to around 44 MPH and with the clutch JD supplies, it is spinning that little motor around 6,000 RPM to make that happen. That motor is not a motorcycle engine like is found in Polaris and other offerings. I believe those motors are better suited to a side by side. The 825i uses a Chinese Chevy (Chery) 3 cyl high RPM gas motor, the same one they use in their micro cars.

So I wish the new owner many happy days in one very unique gator.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Gator's gone!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:13:09 AM »
Hope it will get put to good use.

so whats the latest on big red?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:34:13 AM »
Hope it will get put to good use.

so whats the latest on big red?
For the present, Big Red is dead!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »
well that we rememebr, i guess i was asking more along the lines of are you still looking to repair or are you looking to unload and start with something different.  if i remember correctly it was the transmission that went out was it not?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
well that we rememebr, i guess i was asking more along the lines of are you still looking to repair or are you looking to unload and start with something different.  if i remember correctly it was the transmission that went out was it not?
I'm looking all the time for another 1150B to cannibalize
It has three transmissions, a main one reverse/forward and a left and right track one which does high and low range. The main one has a 3-4" shaft coming in from the torque converter. That broke in half
Need another central transmission, then I am gambling on whether the final drives are up to par or not... All on a 10K machine.

But if I can find the parts, then I have a viable earth moving machine...

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 12:47:40 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal