Hello Guest

Author Topic: Thought of you guys and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1110 times)

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thought of you guys and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:59:59 AM »
Not really Early but Merry Christmas to all you lugs out there.

Saw this and it got me thinking of you guys,

From the shadow it looks like a Sea King?? Rice patties and camo vest with a sea king and gunner? Am I missing something or is that an early Green Giant before the 53 became the main bird?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Thought of you guys and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »
British H3

Looks like they are cruising over the Helmand valley, Afghanistan south of their main base, Bastion.

Vest he is wearing is something post, ah, about 2009. H3's came into Kandahar probably starting in 08, possibly 07. They weren't over at bastion until maybe 09-2010 and they would rotate in/out with the Lynx aircraft. The valley id definitely either the Helmand or the wadi feeding into it from Kandahar. I've flown over those fields many times.

They look like rice paddies because they try and keep what water then can divert in there long enough to do some good. Thing that is puzzling is the flight altitude. They are too low. Anything flying say 400-500 feet or lower is turned into Swiss cheese down in the Helmand pdq if the bad guys are up to a fight. When I started flying down there I was low like that guy, Later on I learned my lesson and would fly over that valley at 10,000 feet. Sure if they had a missile, I would have been toast, but I don't think they wanted to use the precious few the Pakistani's gave them. But sure as there is daylight if you fly low enough for an AK to hit you, you're gonna get shot!...Rookies
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:52:10 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
Way better gift than COAL!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:25:16 PM »
Rookies

Everyone starts out as a rookie at some point.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal