Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sig P226 vs Glock 17  (Read 7312 times)

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
Sig P226 vs Glock 17
« on: December 24, 2014, 10:42:48 AM »
Hi all, still doing some research for my first pistol purchase. I've had a little bit of training using the 226 when I did basic officer training with the Navy, and have fired a couple other semi-auto pistols at ranges. I've never personally fired the Glock (any Glock for that matter). For anyone that has used both, how does the Glock 17 compare to the Sig? Does the Glock trigger take some getting used to? I loved to shoot the Sig, and found it was comfortable. Just looking for some opinions, reviews etc. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sig P226 vs Glock 17
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 12:09:21 PM »
Find a local range that has rentals and shoot them both, side by side - that's how I finally decided upon my CC pistol.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »
Sadly, no rental ranges in my province, or concealed carry for that matter :(

I also thought about the Glock 19, but I'd have to re-barrel is since any barrel under 4.125" is prohibited here.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
Hi all, still doing some research for my first pistol purchase. I've had a little bit of training using the 226 when I did basic officer training with the Navy, and have fired a couple other semi-auto pistols at ranges. I've never personally fired the Glock (any Glock for that matter). For anyone that has used both, how does the Glock 17 compare to the Sig? Does the Glock trigger take some getting used to? I loved to shoot the Sig, and found it was comfortable. Just looking for some opinions, reviews etc. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Check to see if there are people you work with that will ,based on the law of averages, own one or both of those pistols. Offer to provide the 9mm and most people will happily agree to let you test fire.

I fired both at a range up by me. My opinions, from what I can remember...

Decent trigger
Top heavy
Grip was ok,the angle is based on the 1911 angle, which I love, just didn't feel right on a 226. The newer versions have a re-designed grip. Might have replaceable backstraps.
Parts aren't as plentiful, at least that I know of, your AO might be different.

Good trigger, audible reset
Balanced rather well
Grip is based on the Luger angle, so it points high for some people, low for others.. Personal variances always happen.
Replaceable backstraps in the newer Gen4s. They make the grip thicker (front to back) and add a beavertail as some people have received wicked slide bite.

On the topic of parts/upgrades, there are infinitely more parts out there for Glocks than SIGs. Just the nature of the beast I suppose. So always keep that in the back of your head.

What does this young (I'm assuming) Naval ossifer wish to do with said pistols will also help determine which is better suited for you.

Also, just to add variety to your life, I'm going to suggest you take a look at the M&P series pistols. They have great ergonomics, and are very comfortable to shoot.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 01:53:53 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 02:05:14 PM »

Check to see if there are people you work with that will ,based on the law of averages, own one or both of those pistols. Offer to provide the 9mm and most people will happily agree to let you test fire.

I fired both at a range up by me. My opinions, from what I can remember...

Decent trigger
Top heavy
Grip was ok,the angle is based on the 1911 angle, which I love, just didn't feel right on a 226. The newer versions have a re-designed grip. Might have replaceable backstraps.
Parts aren't as plentiful, at least that I know of, your AO might be different.

Good trigger, audible reset
Balanced rather well
Grip is based on the Luger angle, so it points high for some people, low for others.. Personal variances always happen.
Replaceable backstraps in the newer Gen4s. They make the grip thicker (front to back) and add a beavertail as some people have received wicked slide bite.

On the topic of parts/upgrades, there are infinitely more parts out there for Glocks than SIGs. Just the nature of the beast I suppose. So always keep that in the back of your head.

What does this young (I'm assuming) Naval ossifer wish to do with said pistols will also help determine which is better suited for you.

Also, just to add variety to your life, I'm going to suggest you take a look at the M&P series pistols. They have great ergonomics, and are very comfortable to shoot.

Haha well I used to be a young ossifer, 11 years ago!! No longer in the service now though. The purpose of the pistol would be mostly for target shooting, and to become proficient in the use of a pistol. Your point about parts availability is a good one, and may be the deciding factor. I do have a local glock dealer, but nothing local for Sig (all Sig stuff woul dhave to be mail ordered). I mostly looked into Sig because I had used one before and they do have a reputation for high quality. I do hear great things about the Glocks as well though! Would ultimately like to get into competition shooting, likely in the production handgun type class or something like that.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »

Haha well I used to be a young ossifer, 11 years ago!! No longer in the service now though. The purpose of the pistol would be mostly for target shooting, and to become proficient in the use of a pistol. Your point about parts availability is a good one, and may be the deciding factor. I do have a local glock dealer, but nothing local for Sig (all Sig stuff would have to be mail ordered). I mostly looked into Sig because I had used one before and they do have a reputation for high quality. I do hear great things about the Glocks as well though! Would ultimately like to get into competition shooting, likely in the production handgun type class or something like that.

Based on availability of parts and support (Glock) or lack there of (SIG), I'd go with the Glock. Mags are cheap and plentiful, and they make it stupid simple to work on them, and they are reliable. But for competition, I'd look into the 34/35 models. They are their competition models, so they should be a bit more suited towards competition shooting. Don't get me wrong, a 17 with someone who knows their pistol will definitely hold their own.

G34
http://us.glock.com/products/model/g34gen4

G35
http://us.glock.com/products/model/g35gen4

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 05:33:37 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 07:38:28 PM »
Bobby knows what he is talking about!

I own a M&P9C, the M&P in 9mm compact. It is my wife's CC gun. It comes with three back straps, she uses the little one, me the larger one. I found that she limp wristed that gun when it was new, but during one deployment which for me was usually somewhere around 5 months, during that time she fired probably nearly 1400 rounds.

The gun was running fine with her at the helm when we did a range day when I got back and discovered she shot up all my good HP ammo and left the worthless 115gr ball stuff intact!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that grip is important. My youngest daughter who stands 5'8" and is strong was with us that day at the range somehow she changed her grip and the slide caught her thumb nail and nearly tore it off...as in folded it all the way back!

Man it was ugly...as in I was looking at that and saying to myself, "Seriously???"

I personally like the M&P but it is little more than a glock copycat. especially when comparing it to a gen 4 G-gun.

I've been in several shooter groups deployed in the sandboxes. Except when we were on some silly gov't contract which specified the M9, we always carried the G-19 and one time the G21. After that little foray, I ordered one online from Kabul and had it waiting for me when I came back stateside. Just a big club of a gun.

I'm just a big G-19, G23, G30 fan. I switch them out for my CC guns except that the G30 is about as concealable as a football. If I had to pick a single gun it would be the G23 hands down, then the G19, followed by whatever came out of the drawer next!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
Problem is that where I live, if a pistol barrel is less than or equal to 4.125", I basically can't own it. And even to own any pistol with a longer barrel I still need a restricted license, PLUS an authorization to transport for each pistol, and must belong to a restricted-approved range, and I can only transport it from my residence to the range and back. Not allowed shooting in the woods, or in a gravel pit or where ever else. No concealed or open carry allowed etc.

So considering the options you guys suggested, I'm pretty much limited to the Glock 17 size (ie. standard size) or the competition pistols. I could get a G19 or G23 or something like that, as long as it had a longer barrel put on it, but then, I might as well get the G17 at that point eh? Unless there's a benefit to having a G19 with a 4.5 inch barrel ?

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 09:34:51 PM »
Bobby knows what he is talking about!

I own a M&P9C, the M&P in 9mm compact. It is my wife's CC gun. It comes with three back straps, she uses the little one, me the larger one. I found that she limp wristed that gun when it was new, but during one deployment which for me was usually somewhere around 5 months, during that time she fired probably nearly 1400 rounds.

The gun was running fine with her at the helm when we did a range day when I got back and discovered she shot up all my good HP ammo and left the worthless 115gr ball stuff intact!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that grip is important. My youngest daughter who stands 5'8" and is strong was with us that day at the range somehow she changed her grip and the slide caught her thumb nail and nearly tore it off...as in folded it all the way back!

Man it was ugly...as in I was looking at that and saying to myself, "Seriously???"

I personally like the M&P but it is little more than a glock copycat. especially when comparing it to a gen 4 G-gun.

I've been in several shooter groups deployed in the sandboxes. Except when we were on some silly gov't contract which specified the M9, we always carried the G-19 and one time the G21. After that little foray, I ordered one online from Kabul and had it waiting for me when I came back stateside. Just a big club of a gun.

I'm just a big G-19, G23, G30 fan. I switch them out for my CC guns except that the G30 is about as concealable as a football. If I had to pick a single gun it would be the G23 hands down, then the G19, followed by whatever came out of the drawer next!

Score one for the grunts.  ;D

Does/did the young lady use the thumbs parallel and aligned to the slide or the thumb high method?

Problem is that where I live, if a pistol barrel is less than or equal to 4.125", I basically can't own it. And even to own any pistol with a longer barrel I still need a restricted license, PLUS an authorization to transport for each pistol, and must belong to a restricted-approved range, and I can only transport it from my residence to the range and back. Not allowed shooting in the woods, or in a gravel pit or where ever else. No concealed or open carry allowed etc.

So considering the options you guys suggested, I'm pretty much limited to the Glock 17 size (ie. standard size) or the competition pistols. I could get a G19 or G23 or something like that, as long as it had a longer barrel put on it, but then, I might as well get the G17 at that point eh? Unless there's a benefit to having a G19 with a 4.5 inch barrel ?

Wouldn't having a threaded barrel on a G19 put you just over the legally required length?  The newer Gen4s have the option to have a threaded barrel and that sticks out past the slide so it MIGHT put you where you need to be. But if not, the 17 is always nice.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 09:37:48 PM by BobbyB »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 10:07:52 AM »
My guess is, given the restrictive nature of Canadian gun laws, a threaded barrel is "Verboten" to say the least  :-\

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 10:49:26 AM »
We are allowed a threaded barrel, just not allowed to put a suppressor on it, since they're "prohibited" :(

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 11:08:01 AM »
We are allowed a threaded barrel, just not allowed to put a suppressor on it, since they're "prohibited" :(

Well given all that you said, I'd probably just go with the 17. It's a great all around pistol and should serve you well.

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
Yeah I think I'm coming to the same conclusion Bobby, thanks for the input everyone!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 12:38:35 PM »
Yeah I think I'm coming to the same conclusion Bobby, thanks for the input everyone!

Now you just have to get a bunch of mags, a LOT of ammo and go shoot it, enjoy it and make the minor tweaks to make it more enjoyable for you.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 04:04:24 PM »
So what was the outcome?

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »
Well, still no pistol yet. But in the mean time, I did pick up my first AR!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 09:12:31 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen! Congrats on your new investment in freedom!
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 09:25:27 PM »
Same advice as from Bobby.  Get ammo and practice.  That is a great platform.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 02:50:01 AM »
Pics or it didn't happen! Congrats on your new investment in freedom!

What he said.

Same advice as from Bobby.  Get ammo and practice.  That is a great platform.

Yes, and enjoy it.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 06:46:29 AM »
Establish good habits early with the AR.  Sweep the safety every time you bring it up to get on target and every time you lower it from the target.  It becomes instinctive after you practice it a while.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 08:03:58 AM »
Establish good habits early with the AR.  Sweep the safety every time you bring it up to get on target and every time you lower it from the target.  It becomes instinctive after you practice it a while.
Hmmm, I've been driving that AR for decades literally and in several shooting schools, and I never did that.

But it sounds like a good practice, good idea. Bobby, Blaine, Nate, you guys like that idea? Odd but having attended the SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Training) Shot with 5th SFG, 3rd SFG and 10th SFG, Three different Seal Teams, Marines, having attended BlackWater shooting courses twice, and another shooting school in the Va. area, none of them taught that, but I have to say I like it.

Me, I use the classic M1 trigger guard (Keep the finger out of the trigger guard and off the trigger.)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 08:46:27 AM »
The sweep of the safety and trigger finger discipline is the way to go.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 09:23:41 AM »

Yes.

Hmmm, I've been driving that AR for decades literally and in several shooting schools, and I never did that.

But it sounds like a good practice, good idea. Bobby, Blaine, Nate, you guys like that idea? Odd but having attended the SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Training) Shot with 5th SFG, 3rd SFG and 10th SFG, Three different Seal Teams, Marines, having attended BlackWater shooting courses twice, and another shooting school in the Va. area, none of them taught that, but I have to say I like it.

Me, I use the classic M1 trigger guard (Keep the finger out of the trigger guard and off the trigger.)

Yes. It's been crammed into my head. Why run the risk? Remember Murphy is always out there waiting.

The sweep of the safety and trigger finger discipline is the way to go.

Yes.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:25:26 AM by BobbyB »

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 04:07:04 PM »
Here it is!

Not the greatest pic, but it's a DD M4V5, with KAC URX 3.1 forend. Only has MBUS sites on it right now, looking at getting an optic for it of some kind. Got 16 lbs of powder set aside to reload for it! :)

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 04:08:40 PM »
Nice rifle, congrats!
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
I will answer that question in the am.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 12:37:05 AM »
Not that all units admit to TRADOC conformity but the safe to semi from low ready to high ready is doctrine. I'm sure rain man "Nate" will spit out the TM for us in the AM. All of the legit operators I have ever had the pleasure to stack up with operated in that manner. Obviously we clear structures from the high ready, on semi, and finger in the "universal cover" position, but any time your eye is relieved from your sight the selector is swept back to safe.

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 02:22:47 AM »
Not that all units admit to TRADOC conformity but the safe to semi from low ready to high ready is doctrine. I'm sure rain man "Nate" will spit out the TM for us in the AM. All of the legit operators I have ever had the pleasure to stack up with operated in that manner. Obviously we clear structures from the high ready, on semi, and finger in the "universal cover" position, but any time your eye is relieved from your sight the selector is swept back to safe.

Better with words than I.

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 07:31:04 AM »
Like this guy-

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2015, 02:45:50 PM »
Extra points if done under NVGs.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:18:00 PM by BobbyB »

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 04:20:44 PM »

That makes perfect sense to me. I'm hoping to get a good amount of training done this summer. I wish you guys were more local, or even in the same Country for that matter! Anyone got any good docs, or maybe even youtube vids that would illustrate good technique and/or good drills to practise?

Offline HuskerTrev

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2015, 09:45:50 PM »
I would like to give you my two cents on the Glock versus Sig questions. I have had the pleasure to shoot both and they are both good guns. I will say this, Sig Sauer is more or less the Cadillac of guns and once you start running a Sig, you become kind of a Sig Snob.  :)
Believe it or not, I use my Sig P226 in .40s&w as my normal carry gun (both in and outside my waste band). When asked, why I would carry a full size all metal gun, I always reply that if I miss them with the 12 rounds I have, I can always beat them to death with the gun.  ;D
All kidding aside, I would highly suggest you at least look at the P226. I can tell you that as of last Sunday, my Sig has 3850 rounds down the tube and it fires and operates the same today as the day I brought it home.
The downside to the Sig is the price tag that comes with it. If I remember correctly, mine was just shy of $1000.00, whereas you could pick up two Glocks for the price of one Sig.
Magazines are more expensive and less plentiful for the Sig, but I can also say that  the MecGar mags are less expensive and operate just as well as the factory Sig Mags.
Ultimately what swayed my decision to purchase the P226 was the way the gun felt in my hand. The grip angle and stance just fit my hand correctly. I have let others fire my weapon at the range and some like it, some don't.
I hope you find the handgun that fits and functions for you, but I also wanted to make sure you knew some pros and cons of the SigSauer.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 08:56:33 AM »
Thanks for the input Husker, I appreciate it! Any chance you've tried a Sig P320? was just reading about those, and some people seem quite taken by them.

Offline HuskerTrev

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »
I haven't got to play with the 320.... yet. I like the idea of being able to have a modular style pistol that you can switch calibers, barrel lengths, etc.  If you get a chance to play with one, let me know what you think!
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2015, 11:24:10 AM »
Well, I finally made a choice. I found a used 226 for what I thought was a good price. It's an older model (1994), made in West Germany. Should have it in the mail in a week or so!!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2015, 12:17:06 PM »
Well, I finally made a choice. I found a used 226 for what I thought was a good price. It's an older model (1994), made in West Germany. Should have it in the mail in a week or so!!

Nice. Congrats on the purchase.

Offline chung

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2015, 08:38:03 PM »
Congrats, nice choice. Couldn't have gone wrong with either. I have both and love both. W. German factor should add a bit of collector value to it too. Thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caleb

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2015, 10:39:11 PM »
I was just shooting a 226 the other night, nice running gun it was.
Still like the Glocks though. Both good choices in my mind as well.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 10:31:50 PM »

Congratulations.  If you ever break it down to the last screw make sure you do it on a smooth clean surface and not on a table in the grass.  Those little parts are hard to find with they fly off the table into the grass.  Don't ask me how I know.

Which trigger set up does it have?

I have the DAK which, I believe stands for something in German that means I can't pull the trigger long enough and hard enough while still keeping it on target.

One day I would like to send it off to have the SRT put in, which is the Short Reset Trigger.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2015, 06:58:50 AM »

Congratulations.  If you ever break it down to the last screw make sure you do it on a smooth clean surface and not on a table in the grass.  Those little parts are hard to find with they fly off the table into the grass.  Don't ask me how I know.

Which trigger set up does it have?

I have the DAK which, I believe stands for something in German that means I can't pull the trigger long enough and hard enough while still keeping it on target.

One day I would like to send it off to have the SRT put in, which is the Short Reset Trigger.

Deutsch Armory Krapola possibly?

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »
DAK : Double Action Kellerman

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2015, 09:49:02 AM »
DAK : Double Action Kellerman
I like Mike's version better Bobby!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2015, 02:43:35 PM »
It stands for Double Action Kellerman, and has to do with the intermediate trigger reset in addition to the full stroke reset typical of DAO (double action only).

DA stroke is 6.5 lbs, DAK is 8 lb pull, so they're slightly different pulls based on where you reset trigger

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2015, 09:43:37 PM »
Yes, Familiar with the real name and that the Dept of Homieland Security bought a bunch of those after testing extensively.  Was my attempt at humor.  I fail to understand why the "need" for immediate re-strike capability outweighs the need to be on target and accurate....  Moving and tap/rack is probably just as effective.

8lb pull=NY Cop Glock trigger, where they add an extra spring to make the striker that much harder to pull.....Which is why it takes 40 rounds for 5 NYC cops to shoot an unarmed black man.  They never know if they are going to be accurate...

No offense to NYC cops.  They just get crap for equipement and training because of the libtards that run the place.

Offline HuskerTrev

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 10:19:28 AM »
Awesome! I can speak from experience that you made an excellent choice! Post some pics when you get it!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2015, 01:13:15 PM »
Almost forgot the pics! Only thing I did was put new polymer sig grips on it. Not I just have to get proficient with it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal