Hello Guest

Author Topic: Zombie Ford F-350  (Read 69971 times)

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Ford F-350
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2016, 09:02:20 AM »
Especially in your work situation, a winch will make you brave so you can get stuck farther from the road.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2016, 09:24:06 AM »
Especially in your work situation, a winch will make you brave so you can get stuck farther from the road.
But he'll be able to get himself unstuck, too!  8)
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
Zombie Ford F-350
« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2016, 03:46:22 PM »
I think I'm done for the day. 

Center plate fitted.

Wing mock up

Wing welded

2 wings welded.

Everything is tacked into place right now.  I'll probably pull it off in the morning and weld it up and start grinding on the front piece.  Then add the top, weld out, grind, then paint. 

Then cap the ends or something.  Not sure what I'm gonna do there yet.  Winging it kind of.

I'm going to do a one piece top and then when it comes time for a winch I'll cut the access I need for the controls. 

If I have enough material I'll start on the brush guard.  If not that can be done added at a later date.   Can't spend anymore money on this truck right now.  Wife is calling it very bad names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:50:01 PM by husker77c »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »
I like it.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2016, 05:11:30 PM »

I like it.
x2!

~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 23, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
Good looking start. You won't regret doing it now.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 23, 2016, 08:47:13 PM »
Good start. Don't forget to add some lateral bracing as even that 1/2 plate will not be enough.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 23, 2016, 09:44:18 PM »
^^^ Three wise men there

I'd take their counsel!

not claiming to be a wise man, but I vote for a build too (with lots of pics, of course).

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 23, 2016, 10:16:36 PM »
Good start. Don't forget to add some lateral bracing as even that 1/2 plate will not be enough.

Thanks guys. It came together a lot faster than I thought it would.  I kept the design simple since its my first project of this scale. 

I'm hunting gussets for the lateral bracing now.  I can find straight 90s in a bunch of styles. Those will be perfect for the inside of the tow hooks. But the way I built it the outside will be a bigger angle. Probably somewhere around 110*.  May have to find a plasma table shop to have some cut out.  I could cut my own but I've been eyeing these ones with a biohazard symbol cut in them.  Or the spider webs are cool too....

Edit-  and I just sold my factory bumper for $150. Woo hoo.  This whole thing will cost me around $175. A lot better than the $1000+ they want for aftermarket bumpers.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:01:13 PM by husker77c »

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
Zombie Ford F-350
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »
Done again for the day.  Wife's birthday so have to get around for the evening festivities. 

Got the top plates on.  Had to do three pieces because my 10" plate I had wouldn't be deep enough.

Top plate and drivers side.

Passenger side I ran into a little issue.  I guess I was off on the wing when I cut it cause I had a massive gap. I tacked on a scrap piece on the back and filled it in.  Probably have 3# of wire in this side lol.

This saw is awesome.  Cut the 3/16 plate like plywood.  I need a new welding hood though.  This pipeliner pancake hood is good for running a long bead one one side of a piece of pipe but it doesn't cover near what I need to cover.  Major arc burn on my forehead haha.  I could use the color though.

Wish list should I ever get a shop.

At the very least a plasma cutter. I'd really love a 4'x8' plasma table though

Big welding machine with gas. My little Hobart is great on the 3/16", as long as I don't have a 1/2" gap to fill.   But trying to get penetration on the 1/2" mounts was next to impossible.  My welds ended up looking absolutely horrible where the mounts comes through the bumper.  There not very structural so I'll grind them down and make it look decent they'll hold up fine for dear and parking lot impacts.  I don't plan on ramming through road blocks with this thing.  And it would be better if the bumper caved versus the frame bending.   The power of my machine is definitely limited.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:02:52 PM by husker77c »

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »
What saw is that? The double blade thing from HF? Or?

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2016, 02:06:00 PM »
It is a harbor freight metal cutting circular saw.    I just looked on their site and I don't see it anymore.

Blade is a toothed blade

It produces small chips

I would have probably given up on this project if I had to cut every panel with a cut off wheel and a grinder.  It is seriously just like cutting plywood.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2016, 03:34:14 PM »
A couple years back rigid (from homedepot) sold a double blade that was said to be able to cut most things. Metal was what interested me, never bought one and now they don't have em in the store. The bumper on the 4Runner was cut entirely with my angle grinder. Next go round I will be using a sawzall and jigsaw!

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2016, 04:18:58 PM »
I feel your pain brother.   I cut out the winch hole in the front with an angle grinder.  Killed a whole blade with just that.   

I just got back from harbor freight picked up a new welding hood.  I looked for the saw they don't have the exact one I have but they do have a 7" metal cutting circular saw for $60.  It's just physically smaller than mine.  Well worth the money and saved time. I could've knocked this whole bumper out in a day if I wouldn't have only worked half time on it.   With a grinder and wheels it would have taken me at least twice that.  And the cuts wouldn't have been near as nice.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »
Are you using the mig with gas or flux core?

Flux core will give you a deeper weld vs gas. In the meantime a good old stick welder will work for those deep welds too and not break the bank. A good bead using 5/32 7011 will yeild a great weld and the flux will roll right off.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
Zombie Ford F-350
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2016, 04:40:26 PM »
Are you using the mig with gas or flux core?

Flux core will give you a deeper weld vs gas. In the meantime a good old stick welder will work for those deep welds too and not break the bank. A good bead using 5/32 7011 will yeild a great weld and the flux will roll right off.

Flux core .035.  I don't have the regulator kit for the welder to run gas.   

I only have 4 heat settings and I set it to 4 and wire speed at about 25 out of 100 and I can't get a bead to stick to that 1/2".  I try starting on the 1/2" and running the puddle onto the plate but I can't get a decent puddle to drag down there. I start on the plate and try to bring the puddle up to the 1/2" and I lose the puddle.  So I have a bunch of bird crap welds all stacked on each other.  Looks terrible but it seems solid. Smacked it with a sledge a few times to make sure.   I know it's not penetrated very far into the 1/2" though.  I'll grind it down and I'm going to take it in to the machine shop to have them make me some bracing for the recovery points and I'll see if they can do anything better with it.

I wish I had a stick welder for getting more penetration.  But without a garage or even a shed for tools I just don't have the room.  I could have filled that gap so easy with a few rods.  I'm going to start watching craigslist for a welder and possibly a plasma cutter. 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:41:34 PM by husker77c »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2016, 05:08:15 PM »
Run a good bead on 1/2 plate, then weld to that. I know its done, but should work.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2016, 08:05:30 PM »
^^x2.
Clean it up with a wheel and it'll clean right up with another pass or two.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 26, 2016, 10:20:18 AM »
Well a little update on my welding fiasco.   I ran out of wire yesterday and when I was getting my new hood I picked up a roll of harbor freight flux core.  I be only ever used Hobart brand wire.  Holy cow what a difference.  I'm not a great welder and with my recent experiences I was getting frustrated.   This stuff welds so much smoother than the Hobart

My mount pass through before.

And after.

Not the same place but I didn't take a before on that area. 

Still have hours of grinding but it may end up decent after all.

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 26, 2016, 10:48:54 AM »

Decided to break out the big gun for grinding.  Almost done now lol

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2016, 10:54:43 AM »
I'm loving this bumper! Any plan to do a rear bumper as well? I was thinking of doing something very similar to yours on my dodge!

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2016, 11:52:07 AM »
Thanks man.  It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I've got a ranch hand style pipe bumper on the back that was on the truck when I bought it.  It's held on by one bolt and a 2" weld on each side so I have to either re work it or build a new one.   I've been leaning towards a new one because it would just be easier to incorporate a strong receiver hitch into a new one.   Plus it has a piece in the middle that comes down that I'm always scraping when I have to go up a steep hill for work.

Only pic I have on my phone.

If I do build one I'm going to do a piece of 2x6 or 2x8 1/4 wall rectangle tubing.   Then pass the mounts through the tubing just like on the front one.  Tie the receiver into the mounts and have rear recovery points like the front. 

Rectangle tube would be easier to incorporate a swing away tire carrier into.
Yeah I've thought about the rear a lot lol.

Doubt the rear gets done anytime soon though.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2016, 12:03:46 PM »
Looks much better and the welds are picking up too. Is the wire a diff number or just brand?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »

Looks much better and the welds are picking up too. Is the wire a diff number or just brand?

Just brand. Same .035 flux core.  This HF stuff is much darker color than the Hobart.   The Hobart is silver.  I even double checked to make sure I didn't have non flux core Hobart.  But they are both the same specs.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2016, 01:05:05 PM »
I like the progress looking good!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2016, 03:28:19 PM »
Maybe 035 is to heavy. I am using .023 and about to step up to 030 on my Miller 211, but I run gas too.

I'm getting a couple rolls of 030 solid now and maybe a roll on 035 for heavier welding.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2016, 04:40:57 PM »
I've always had 250 machines or larger & I always run .035 w/ gas from 1/8" up to multi pass heavy plate welds. Place I worked at once had a Lincoln 135 & I ran .035 & gas as well
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2016, 06:25:07 PM »
I just happen to have the 023 or would have gone 030 right off. I do some exhaust and like to minimize the burn through.

Thomas Jefferson

OldKooT

« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2016, 08:49:49 PM »
That bumper looks great.

I run .030 in my Miller 250 and that has been a nice blend between being able to do sheet metal, and much heavier 1/2" type stuff easily. I do keep a liner and a spool of .035 around for those "special times" LoL

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
Zombie Ford F-350
« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2016, 10:24:56 AM »
Well I blew out the electrical outlet that I was using outside so no progress till an electrician gets here.   It's not a flipped breaker and anything else with AC wiring is out of my skill set so I have to wait till tomorrow to get that fixed. 

In the meantime I'm mocking up my next project. 

This pic is mock up for measurements with some small pieces I had. 

I'm going to up armor the bed rails with 4x4 angle on the sides and 2x3 angle up front.  Going to run the angle the length of the bed and the cross piece in the front.   Then I'm debating welding in a piece along the tool box that will lock the box and fuel tank in place.  It will also give me a mounting point for the hi lift jack.

If I don't ever have to pull my camper with this truck I'm going to build an expedition rack for the back.   Put a large basket up top and maybe carry my spare up there. 

Maybe something like this

I've also entertained the idea of having a canvas tarp made to drape over a rack like that and snap to the rack.  Wouldn't be 100% waterproof or secure but would at least keep my stuff back there fairly dry.

Something like this.

I wish I had done a military trailer as a truck bed back when I replaced the bed on this but oh well. I can work with what I have. 

My girl goes back to TX for work on Wednesday so I will have several full days to work on the truck.   Hope to get bumper finished and painted and bed rails done.  If there is any time left I will see about a grill guard for the bumper. 

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:25:29 AM by husker77c »

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2016, 10:55:41 AM »

Just brand. Same .035 flux core.  This HF stuff is much darker color than the Hobart.   The Hobart is silver.  I even double checked to make sure I didn't have non flux core Hobart.  But they are both the same specs.

How old was the old wire?  If it sat around for a little while some corrosion will start to build up on the first few layers on a spool.  It might take a little while to burn up that wire and then clean all the corrosion out so everything runs good again.  Looking at the pics it does look like you might be able to crank the heat up a bit.  I'm not a very good arm chair welder though.  Would have to be there running and hearing it to give you any decent advice on where your settings should be.

I know I have ran smaller spools of both HF and Hobart wire when I wanted something for a project that required smaller than the .035 I generally run.  I'm always running solid wire though.  I'm not sure what the brand of wire I get from the AirGas dealer is.  I just puck up a couple 44 lb spools when I am running low.  Given the current steel prices I should probable look into stocking up.

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2016, 11:10:12 AM »
It was fairly old and the whole spool seemed to be the same way.   My heat is as high as it will go. I have just been running the beads pretty fast on the plate.  I could probably get a hotter bead if I stayed in one place a little while longer before moving. 

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2016, 11:17:16 AM »
It was fairly old and the whole spool seemed to be the same way.   My heat is as high as it will go. I have just been running the beads pretty fast on the plate.  I could probably get a hotter bead if I stayed in one place a little while longer before moving. 

I just went up and read where you said you had it cranked all the way up.  The pickling on that thicker steel can be thick.  If you haven't been I would suggest grinding down to raw steel on those surfaces.  Also, if you have been welding on the truck, taking the bumper off and making horizontal welds instead of vertical will give you more penetration and better control.

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
Zombie Ford F-350
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2016, 01:25:16 PM »
Well after 3 hours of an electrician here trying to figure out why my outside outlet net belly up we found this stellar wiring job by the previous owner.

Fixed up now and the wife's out of town so I started hitting it hard on the ford.  Until it started raining.  Grrrr I need a shop. 

But some progress.

Got one end of the bumper plated.

I picked up my angle for the bed rails.

I hit the bottom side with undercoating in a can so I shouldn't have any rust issues where the bed meets the rails. 

I got my jack mount finished.

That piece will tie into the bed rails behind the tool box and stiffen everything up lock the tool box and fuel tank into the bed. 

It will go here

Hopefully the rain passes soon so I can get back to work.  I'd like to have all these projects finished by the weekend. 

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:29:17 PM by husker77c »

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
Zombie Ford F-350
« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2016, 06:50:43 PM »
Well it stopped raining and I got the brace/jack mount fitted and the bed rails on.  They aren't bolted down yet and the piece behind the cab has to go in yet but it's taking shape.

I'm going to paint the rest of the tool box but wanted to get the part behind the brace painted. 

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:51:49 PM by husker77c »

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 31, 2016, 08:43:57 PM »
I like this project because it's simple, practical, affordable and unlike mine, will probably RUN!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
Zombie Ford F-350
« Reply #286 on: March 31, 2016, 09:18:35 PM »
I like this project because it's simple, practical, affordable and unlike mine, will probably RUN!

Lol. I have faith that D will run in due time. 

It is affordable. I've got maybe $400 in steel for all these projects.  I tried to scour craigslist for steel but nothing ever came up that was usable to me. 

It is simple because I only have short bursts of time to work on it. Being unemployed means extra wife scrutiny and I have to handle a majority of the household chores while she works.   So I needed to be able to go outside have a quick thing I could do and then get back to whatever else I was doing. 

And practical because it went from a zombie apocalypse truck to a future daily driver.   I'm going to have to sell my 2012 to cover some debt I have from my previous life so the Ford will be pushed into daily driver duties for a year or two, maybe longer.   

I have zero need for a late model truck ever again. I think back to all the money I've wasted keeping up with the oil field Joneses and I want to kick myself.  It's just not necessary.  I'm not getting down on people who do it but that's not a rat race I want to be in anymore.

This truck does 95% of what a late model truck will.  Might not ride as nice or have backup sensors and such but I'll live. 

And I finally got my front driveshaft installed.  I had it lengthened and it was about an inch to long so I had to go get it shortened a bit.  Fits like a champ now and it's fully operational.   I think I'm going to fix my crooked steering wheel tomorrow and take it for a drive to use my fuel perks to put 30 gallons in the auxiliary fuel tank for free.

Also made this little guy for the wasted area on the instrument bezel.  I'm going to wire a starter kill into one of the safety switches along with a second hidden switch for that circuit.  The other safety switch may be an all kill for the other three switches (a la Square D) which will be hooked up to a light bar, and fog lights for the bumper and a third TBD circuit.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:43:39 PM by husker77c »

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 31, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »
going to do something very similar to that for the 715. the truck came with a floor started on the trans tunnel hump.. so to keep it from getting accidentally bumped while driving, going to put another toggle or button somewhere on the dash to complete the ground circuit for the starter relay. figured it's be safest.. and keeping it theft proof.

if it doesn't take a key to start it.. one can't lose the key. hahah

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 01, 2016, 08:17:15 AM »
Yep.  A starter kill is cheap insurance.   I'm going to wire in an additional relay into the starter circuit.  I used to work at a car stereo shop and one of my best friends is a genius with automotive wiring.   A starter kill relay is pretty basic but if you don't know where that switch is then it will never start or even crank. 

Here's my diagram if anyone wants to do the same.  Wire colors will obviously be different though. 

Like I said I will have a visible switch on the dash and I'm going to bury one somewhere else that I will switch when I need theft a  deterrent.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2016, 09:31:20 AM »
That should be a sticky.....

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 01, 2016, 09:50:13 AM »
I just luv this exchange of informations! (Trying to talk like the russian on the phone I spoke to who was faking trying to be someone else...)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 01, 2016, 12:41:45 PM »
Dealing with that in the sub I am flipping. So many wires from the alarm and it turns but no spark or fuel. At least I have another to compare!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 01, 2016, 02:39:45 PM »

Dealing with that in the sub I am flipping. So many wires from the alarm and it turns but no spark or fuel. At least I have another to compare!

If the alarm was wired in by a pro then that's more than likely how they set up the starter kill.  But a starter kill in an alarm won't allow it to crank.  They could have wired in the same type of relay on the fuel pump or coils. Just replace the switch in the diagram with the trigger from the alarm brain.   Alarms/remote starts in 90s through 08-09ish were a rats nest of wires especially in multiplex cars.  Wire is a positive trigger on some circuits and negative trigger on others all running through the same wire.  Once everything went to data bus it's a lot simpler wiring to install and remove.   Heck I can even use my factory key fob to run my Viper alarm/remote start on my 2012. 

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 01, 2016, 02:45:42 PM »
This was don by a so called expert and it is a 91. Here some what I have removed;

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 01, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »
I would call that^^^^ a cluster-you-know-what.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 01, 2016, 05:09:12 PM »
Ouch........ Good luck with that

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
Zombie Ford F-350
« Reply #296 on: April 01, 2016, 06:12:34 PM »
Yikes.  What brand is on the crossovers in the first pic?

91 model. My guess would be it was hard wired to everything.  Parking lights ignition etc. Which means there is absolutely no good way to remove except through trial and error.  Kind of lake the squiggly thing in the alien movies.  You can remove it but it kills the host lol. 

Was it just an alarm or a remote start too?

Edit.  I see they are MB Quart crossovers.  Those are worth a few bucks to someone.   They are bi-amp three way crossovers.  If you want to sell them let me know.  I may be interested.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 06:23:02 PM by husker77c »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 01, 2016, 08:10:46 PM »
Yep, its a mess. I have lights and it turns over, just no run. Nice thing is I have another 91 sitting next to it, but it has power accs.

Sure, they can go, make me an offer. Did you see the old cell phone!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 05, 2016, 05:56:14 PM »
Well I've been busy getting the Ford road trip ready.   My dads cancer is back and he has to go back through chemo starting Tuesday so I'm leaving this weekend for MI.  Going to take the Ford and see how she does.  I'm curious about fuel mileage and it's manners on the interstate. 

I fixed my non centered steering wheel from when I rebuilt the front end. 

Installed my oil pressure gauge and changed the oil.   I'm going to have some free time up at dads so I'm taking all my electrical things and I'm going to re wire all the gauges. 

Cleaned out the bed and tacked on some eye bolts for a makeshift spare tire mount.

I painted the bumper the other day and got my 7/8 shackles.  Just put em on for the pic.  I don't want them stolen so I'll keep em in the tool box till I need them. 

I have to figure out a license plate bracket or something for the front bumper.  I don't want to drill holes if they aren't going to be in a permanent location.  I may cut a board to bolt to the fair lead holes and mount it to that for the time being.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 05, 2016, 06:33:11 PM »
Good luck on the road trip and prayers for your father.

Mount the plate on a hinge and tac that to the bumper.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal