Hello Guest

Author Topic: New tools  (Read 770 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New tools
« on: March 12, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
Got these in the mail today.  Ratcheting hose clamp pliers and a harmonic balancer pulley holder/crank holder for the wife's Odyssey Touring.  (can I actually mention a minivan on a RMT&S web site?  Will my man card get revoked?

It 10 years old and 92k on the clock.  I'm about to retire it and mothball it for the kids to drive but before I do, I want to go through it completely and get it squared away.

I've already replaced brakes and rotors on both ends, both rear wheel bearings, flushed the tranny (2nd time), changed the PS fluid, flushed the brake system (3rd time), changed the plugs, changed the wheels and tires.

This weekend I'm going to replace the serpentine drive belt, the timing belt, all the idler and tensioner pulleys, the hydraulic timing belt adjuster, the water pump, top and bottom hoses, all the heater hoses and the thermostat and flush the coolant (3rd time)

Then will come the front and rear struts/shocks and all 4 springs and a few misc interior trim pieces the rug rats broke or tore up from the time they were born.  A good detail and it will be as good as new and ready for another 100K miles.

I've made a deal with the kids.  The oldest drives it first.  If she doesnt wreck it, it gets passed to the younger one when she starts driving (it has to survive 2 years).  It she wrecks it, she keeps it and the younger one gets the next car.  We'll see how that works.

Top photo of van is before and the bottom is after wheels and tires
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:12:24 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal