Hello Guest

Author Topic: whats for dinner tonight  (Read 241314 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: whats for dinner tonight
« Reply #650 on: March 21, 2016, 08:47:14 AM »
nice!

ill bet you could make a nice fried egg sammich with some onions and rib meat for breakfast
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 21, 2016, 08:52:16 AM »
Good color there Kyle!

very nice Kyle!

TRN Those look gud! Mmm.

But I gotta ask ya....I get what pliers are for removing hooks from a cats boney mouth but what's the cordless drill for? Ha! :o

Well, I put a 3 1/2 inch deck screw through their head in to the tree and make a cut at the base of the head and along the back. Then use the pliers to pull the skin off. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:12:51 PM by nmeyer414 »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 22, 2016, 08:22:03 PM »
crock pot pot roast

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 24, 2016, 07:06:36 PM »
smoked meat loaf, lettuce and tomato sammich with a slice of cheese.........

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 25, 2016, 02:08:05 AM »
with a slice of cheese.........

Is that that oily imitation "cheese"?

Do I have to send some real cheese to you?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 25, 2016, 08:58:35 AM »
no oily imitation cheese there.  those are the tried and true government cheese slices that I get in the big brick from Costco. 

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 25, 2016, 09:21:28 AM »
no oily imitation cheese there.  those are the tried and true government cheese slices that I get in the big brick from Costco.

Meh, I'll stick with some fresh cheddar, with the ole reliable swiss and pepper jack!
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 25, 2016, 09:32:47 AM »
yeah I just forgot to get some when I was at the store earlier that day.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 25, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »
I made chili yesterday for my lunch/dinner in the crockpot. The plan started to fall about soon afterwards. The noodles were inserted too early and as a result, started to get mushy, I applied liberal amounts of cheese to counter this affront to my meal. The addition of mozzarella garlic bread sealed the deal.

Still kinda irritated about it, but guess what, I'll still eat it.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 25, 2016, 10:26:59 AM »
smoked meatloaf.... magic.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 25, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »

Well, I put a 3 1/2 inch deck screw through their head in to the tree and make a cut at the base of the head and along the back. Then use the pliers to pull the skin off.

Gotcha! That makes sense to me! I was sort of joking but I get it! ;)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 26, 2016, 06:25:32 PM »
so I was given an idea early this morning on what I was going to have for dinner. 

and that idea was a wet burrito.  well I didn't do a true "wet burrito", but I did something pretty darned close.

there is a layer of short grain brown rice, then a layer of some beef roast that I made the other day with some of the beef gravy mixed in with it, a little sour cream, wrapped in a flour tortilla, topped with a 1/4 avocado and some homemade salsa.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 26, 2016, 11:06:57 PM »

and that idea was a wet burrito.  well I didn't do a true "wet burrito", but I did something pretty darned close.

there is a layer of short grain brown rice, then a layer of some beef roast that I made the other day with some of the beef gravy mixed in with it, a little sour cream, wrapped in a flour tortilla, topped with a 1/4 avocado and some homemade salsa.

Well I WASN'T hungry until I saw this post.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 05, 2016, 07:53:56 PM »
yes, that would be a 1/4 sheet pan as the plate..... :o

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 05, 2016, 11:11:42 PM »
Man those look deeeliscious!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 11, 2016, 07:39:11 PM »
so I know I will get a "I hate you !" from bobby for this!

I had a hankerin for a reuben sammich tonight, so I went to the store and got a regular dark rye (they didn't have a marbled rye), got some "HOT" pepperjack, some fiesta style smoked turkey and a can of kraut.  came home and made a homemade thousand island / Russian style dressing out of mayo, pickle relish, ketchup and some linghams hot sauce.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 11, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »
Ohhh man!

I'm a gonna beat Bobby to it.
I hate you! JK. I must have some now. Well tomorrow.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 12, 2016, 01:43:19 AM »
so I know I will get a "I hate you !" from bobby for this!

I had a hankerin for a reuben sammich tonight, so I went to the store and got a regular dark rye (they didn't have a marbled rye), got some "HOT" pepperjack, some fiesta style smoked turkey and a can of kraut.  came home and made a homemade thousand island / Russian style dressing out of mayo, pickle relish, ketchup and some linghams hot sauce.

Good as long as you know, and that's taken care of.  ;D

Sammich sounds good, minus the kraut. Never got into that. But this reminds me that I do have to run to the bread store after work and get more rye.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 12, 2016, 03:25:57 PM »
Roasted garlic pasta alfredo with sweet bourbon marinated chicken breast.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 18, 2016, 07:36:35 PM »
got me a bottle of this here supposedly hot sauce!  I mixed it with some BBQ sauce and a little butter that I am going to coat the wings that I have baking in the oven with.  Ill follow up on the heat level along with a plated shot. 

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 18, 2016, 08:45:48 PM »
so maybe my taste buds are biased and used to heat?  there is great flavor, and there is a bit of warmth but I cant really say that it was "HOT"?

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2016, 09:29:18 PM »
Yummm
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 19, 2016, 02:45:22 AM »
so maybe my taste buds are biased and used to heat?  there is great flavor, and there is a bit of warmth but I cant really say that it was "HOT"?

Used to heat. Someone recently asked me why I put Sriracha or hot sauce on basically everything before I even start eating it. My response " I've eaten enough bland food, and it's a habit at this point."

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 19, 2016, 07:01:28 AM »
This wasn't last night, but definitely worth sharing...

Beef ribs on the smoker, with my patent-pending sweet heat rub, and basted with apple cider vinegar.

Here we have lamb chops braised in a mint-pepper sauce, roasted Yukon Gold potatoes, fresh string beans from the garden with carmelized sweet Maui onions also from the garden with bacon and feta cheese.  Finish up with Negrette from Wild Horse Vineyards in the glass

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 19, 2016, 08:15:55 AM »
Do I smell (pun intended) a BBQ-off between fenris and Nate?
Who will win?
What's the prize?
What's the location?

WE NEED TO KNOW!

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: April 19, 2016, 09:20:55 AM »
I'm not sure I'd fare so well against other grillmasters, HOWEVER:

I will accept any chicken wing challenge at any time.

My. Wings. Are. The. Best.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 19, 2016, 09:41:53 AM »
Do I smell (pun intended) a BBQ-off between fenris and Nate?
Who will win?
What's the prize?
What's the location?

WE NEED TO KNOW!

Can-tuck-ee......in conjunction with RM Chili Fest, RM Pond Diggin' Fest, RM Cedar Shred Fest, RM Hold My Beer While I Try This Fest........RM Don't Hold it the Way it Comes Outta The Box - KNUCKLEHEAD Fest.........concluding with RM This is How to Sip Bourbon Around the Fire Fest!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 19, 2016, 02:26:17 PM »
I just like to cook (relaxation time) not compete against others. 

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 19, 2016, 03:16:38 PM »
I just like to cook (relaxation time) not compete against others.

So what if it's not a competition, but you both start cooking something tasty and we all say " oh tasty BBQ!"

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 19, 2016, 05:08:46 PM »
well see, then that's different.  see he lives in GA and they like all that really sweet saucy BBQ and I have learned to appreciate the meat with little to no sauce bein out here in TX.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 19, 2016, 05:16:12 PM »
well see, then that's different.  see he lives in GA and they like all that really sweet saucy BBQ and I have learned to appreciate the meat with little to no sauce bein out here in TX.

And THAT is why we all need to be in close proximity so we can try each separate, mix 'em together, try them separate again, cleanse our pallet with some beer and bacon and repeat!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 19, 2016, 05:17:13 PM »
If Bacon is involved, it's like the competition never existed right?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 19, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »
no you have that wrong mike!

"bacon left on the counter does not count"!

that was said by HC

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 19, 2016, 08:53:08 PM »
I use salt, pepper, brown sugar and cayenne pepper.

Sauce is up to the person eating the ribs

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 20, 2016, 08:01:17 PM »
Smoked beef ribs and broccoli salad.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:13:19 PM by nmeyer414 »
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 20, 2016, 09:13:34 PM »
is that better sam?

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 20, 2016, 09:25:20 PM »
Thanks Nate! I really need to figure out how to orient this phone for proper posting direction.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 22, 2016, 09:41:12 PM »
I didn't get a weight of this piece of rib eye. But I found a butcher down in the next town, small little town guy he cuts to order.  It was so awesome looking to see.  How big thick? Oh 1.5 inch thick will work, how many? 4!  Coming up!!

Kind you that is a thirteen inch plate and I trimmed the fat off and then split it with the wife.  Oh man.  It was so good

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 22, 2016, 10:49:18 PM »
That really looks good!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 23, 2016, 03:13:44 AM »
The steak is good enough, but the mushrooms. That looks great!!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 23, 2016, 03:45:28 PM »
Potato salad (sadly no bacon in it!)
Brats
 - Original
 - Cheddar
 - Whiskey peppercorn

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 24, 2016, 08:25:14 PM »
I need to buy a smoker

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 01, 2016, 12:03:51 PM »
Spaghetti and meatballs.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 01, 2016, 01:34:05 PM »
Last night was cubed steak in a "sort of" kofka marinade with cilantro dressing for sipping, homemade pita, homemade humus, salad.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 07, 2016, 11:43:16 AM »
I figured I would do up a pork butt for the inaugural smoke in the new house

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 07, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »
Dang it, why you gotta be so far away!
But I suppose I could do one too...

Man that looks tasty!
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 07, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »
I figured I would do up a pork butt for the inaugural smoke in the new house

Well that's one of the best ways to make friends with the new neighbors.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 23, 2016, 10:49:52 PM »
Made some huevos rancheros for dinner with some avacado on the side.....;D

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:22:24 AM by nmeyer414 »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 23, 2016, 10:51:59 PM »
Ill fix the rotation later

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 29, 2016, 11:27:19 AM »
so Friday I made a couple bacon wrapped fatties, 1 was for yesterday at the wife's families place.  they were served with some cheese and crackers, and the plate was literally cleaned out/off in a matter of 10 minutes.  guess they all liked the bacon fatty!

the other one if for today, and well see if it gets the same results.

then last night I was asked to do up some of the ribs for this afternoon as well, and I figured why not make some beans and a fatty to slice up and put in the freezer for sammichs.  the other 2 fatties will be crumbled up and added to the beans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal