Hello Guest

Author Topic: Clip on Night Vision?  (Read 2175 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Clip on Night Vision?
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:23:11 PM »
Looking at a clip on NV that I can use with anything or in hand.

You are not even allowed to have a NV scope here in Kali, so a clip on should fill the void.

Looking at something like this;

http://armasightnightvision.net/product/co-mr-2/

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Clip on Night Vision?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:57:27 PM »

You are not even allowed to have a NV scope here in Kali, so a clip on should fill the void.

Gen 2 stuff is OK, I'm thinking something like 20/40 visual acuity
FYI, our boyz in green are using Gen 4 and beyond
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:44:23 AM »
I don't have 4-5 grand, but it would be nice.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:59:45 AM »

Depending on what you wish to use it for, it should be ok. Seeing if someone is in your yard sure. It'd be useful out camping or whatnot, but I'm not too sure about what they consider "middle distance".
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 10:31:53 AM »
That one was more for the idea. Looks like 75-100 from some posts. Thats why I'm asking as seeing out there is good, hitting it should be an option.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 02:13:47 PM »
That one was more for the idea. Looks like 75-100 from some posts. Thats why I'm asking as seeing out there is good, hitting it should be an option.

Hey if you think it'll work out for you, then rock out with it.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 10:06:22 AM »
I have the PVS-14 ITT. It was a big nut(4k) but even my wife approves after having looked through it.  The other older stuff I looked through was not auto gated and was very grainy comparatively, which under magnification would make it much worse.

Now if I could get her comfortable with the PVS22....

Here is another site for you.  These guys historically have had some good reviews and advice.  I ended up buying person to person for obvious reasons but have used this site to do research and comparisons.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 04:18:54 PM »
Can I ask a dumb question about using Night Vision scope since I have never been around them?

Why do they have the eye cup on them like a video camera? If you had it on a 308 cal and your eye was that close, wouldn't you pop your eye?

I had a Trijicon ACOG scope that had a cup on it as well. The eye relief was never that close.

And wow... $10K for the Pinnacle Night Vision Sight Gen. 3 MVP-PVS22P. That would be fun to have though.

Is it possible to purchase ex military night vision on surplus?

Thanks for letting the noob ask questions!  ::)
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 04:34:49 PM »

1.Can I ask a dumb question about using Night Vision scope since I have never been around them?

2.Why do they have the eye cup on them like a video camera? If you had it on a 308 cal and your eye was that close, wouldn't you pop your eye?

3.Thanks for letting the noob ask questions!  ::)

1. No such thing as a dumb question.

2. Sometimes that rubber piece, wakes them up out of "stand-by mode" when you push your head forward into the rubber eyepiece, other times its just to keep the light that the optic emits from being seen by those you don't want seeing it. Usually, its just to keep extraneous light from getting in when you're using it. No it won't pop your eye, common thought, but it won't.

3. Everyone starts out that way at something right??  ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:08:15 AM by BobbyB »

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 07:44:17 PM »
^^^ What Bobby said

When you're in places or situations where you might have to or want to use NVG's you definitely don't want to be seen.

In my business, flying, the cockpit is a busy place. All sorts of light emitting things in there. Ever notice all the flat screens projecting information at the driver? Well that light illuminates your face! So the thing they can see is the thing they aim at!...Yup, your grill!

So a long time ago when I was RP inbound (Release point), I'd turn all the cockpit lights down to off. The only thing that could then bee seen were the two small green circles of light projecting back on your mark 1 eyeballs, instead of this big helmeted head all green and blue glowin'
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 11:49:06 AM »
Hey guys. Thanks for all of the responses! Makes sense when you have more info!  ;D
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 07:19:21 PM »
So what was the outcome?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal