Hello Guest

Author Topic: Col. Oliver North  (Read 659 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Col. Oliver North
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:47:59 PM »
I sometimes differ from Don in his assessment of the timing of the collapse of our economic system, and thus conversion of assets to hard currency and tangible goods.  Not in a bad way, but I see a slightly longer horizon - perhaps wishfully since my retirement timeline is still a few years away, admittedly.

However, tonight I watched a segment with Colonel Oliver North on Fox where he was commenting on the chaos in the Middle East.  He made one very simple statement that stuck in my head and left me wondering if my timeline is off.

He said: " if you think the market drop in 2008 was serious, wait until the first nuke goes off in the Middle East.  It will take 10 years to recover"

If the Sunni and Shiite continue down the path to a broad civil war it would not be beyond the possibility to see one of them using a nuke, which would essentially collapse the fragile world economy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:48:49 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Col. Oliver North
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:12:06 AM »
I sometimes differ from Don in his assessment of the timing of the collapse of our economic system, and thus conversion of assets to hard currency and tangible goods.  Not in a bad way, but I see a slightly longer horizon - perhaps wishfully since my retirement timeline is still a few years away, admittedly.

However, tonight I watched a segment with Colonel Oliver North on Fox where he was commenting on the chaos in the Middle East.  He made one very simple statement that stuck in my head and left me wondering if my timeline is off.

He said: " if you think the market drop in 2008 was serious, wait until the first nuke goes off in the Middle East.  It will take 10 years to recover"

If the Sunni and Shiite continue down the path to a broad civil war it would not be beyond the possibility to see one of them using a nuke, which would essentially collapse the fragile world economy.
I think we are now beyond any possibility of any recovery. Slippery slope now all the way to the precipice. I can't pin it down exactly, just everything in my core is screaming "Get Ready." During the sermon last Sunday the pastor broke out of context just for a second and said, it's time for Christians to get ready and I'd be getting debt free as quickly as you can. I thought that was odd, then we had a rather extraordinary meeting afterward. I will respect privacy and not talk about that but there is evidence everywhere of eminent collapse or major change and now driven by a hateful corrupt government core.
BTW, met LTC North outside Kandahar once...in a messhall. He seems to be a stable level headed guy.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Col. Oliver North
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:30:07 PM »
He has my deepest respect.  When he testified in the Iran Contra hearings he came in full dress and took one for the Gipper.  Helluva man, IMO.

I've had the pleasure of having dinner with General Milley of III Corps and as awesome as that was, meeting someone like Major Ed. Pulido who had his leg blown off in Iraq was much more humbling. http://www.realwarriors.net/multimedia/profiles/pulido.php  as was my ride with Staff Sergeant Tim Brown, who is missing 3 limbs and rides a bike further and faster than I can.  http://www.bushcenter.org/people/timothy-w-brown

Don,  I'm working on a 10 year horizon.  I just hope I have that long to get everything in my plan executed.  I can survive well in 5 but 10 will get me where I want to be.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal