VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

SquareD Part 6 Bumpers, Winches, wiring, lights, assembly

(1/377) > >>

Flyin6:
Now whether part 6 will actually see the finishing of SquareD or simply becomes another lengthy chapter in this ever changing truck build, time will tell.

But with a pseudo end in sight and fast approaching the time when the truck will once again move on its own power along with the fab work that will see an armored front sides and back end along with some other cool things, this is a good point to start a new section.

When we departed part 5, I was painting things, wiring in things and bring it all together. Tonight's installment will continue in that vein

Flyin6:
Being early spring I am having to deal with a lot of this stuff:

The siren keeps going off with severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings. The weather is definitely slowing me down, along with some other stuff

With the emergency broadcast message sounding in the background, this storm was fast approaching and started dropping hail

Flyin6:
On to truck stuff.

I had to place a factory order, but Lokar built a 48" transmission filler and dipstick tube all custom like. It will be mounted to the side of the fender making checking and topping fluid easy as eating warm apple pie!

Flyin6:
It's a perfect time too, since the fender is back off for painting. I think I'll plasti-dip both this and the engine oil dipstick handle

Flyin6:
Next up I fussed with the left fender for some time. It was a stubborn fit which required me to loosen up the radiator core support again and shim it 1/4" to get the larger than I'd prefer gap to even up top to bottom. I am using that purdy hardware to hold it in place

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version