SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Give away home

<< < (2/2)

TexasRedNeck:
Don,  merit based charity is a wonderful thing and I apprecaite the strings attached to the gift.   The lib-tards are too PC to put strings on assistance or make judgements as to who is deserving of assistance.  If we had needs based, merit based programs in our government, we'd have more people climb out of poverty and our tough love would lead to a productive society.

cruizng:
Thanks for sharing the great story. Even though I am probably too cynical I do believe that people do want to work hard and be self sufficient if they haven't been brainwashed from an early age.

Great work. 

Flyin6:
This was my wife's idea. She works for a non-profit, for a NFL player.

She finds good causes like this. She was the one who brought the Christian Refugees to my attention, and we are not done there. But, like any good people, those hard working folks are really digging their way out of the hole and establishing new lives. All have productive jobs. One a chef at a Chick-Filet dreams of being the store manager, then one day opening his own franchise. In my view, that is a real American success story. I, well, we were a part of that early story.

This young lady with the give away house is another story. She realized her situation and started calling out to God. About then My wife found her. Funny how that works, eeh? (For my Canadian friends!) So this young lady finds herself a candidate in a pool of people and families being vetted for the home. My wife made her recommendations to the council who made the final selection and bingo the young mother rose to the top.

She sees what is happening to some young black people and refuses to allow that to happen to her. Following her selection as a candidate, she sent my wife a video tape and then a thank you letter for the opportunity.

SHe had some flaming hoops to jump through to prove she would be a good candidate and she made all those appointments. Now she must successfully complete a training program teaching checkbook management, finances, thrifty shopping, nutrition, basic home ownership, health, law, and a host of subjects this non profit has structured to really prepare a young person for the challenges of young parenthood.

The program is 5 years long and if she should fail to complete or meet the goals, she will lose the home. If she sells it, a portion will go back to the foundation, if not it is hers and her son's forever.

No, we don't need government bureaucrats, we need empowered churches and people like the lady I married sifting through the streets around our homes. Take the tax burden and control measures off us and we could save our country and let big brother keep us safe from ISIS and business like that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version