VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

Sam's 2006 LBZ front bumper

(1/41) > >>

Sammconn:
Just a teaser.

Spent the long weekend with the blue light sabre, grinders, welder and even some snow.
I need to upload the pics from my phone, so with any luck I'll be at them in the morning.

I can't say any of the aftermarket bumpers really turn my crank, they all stick out too far for my liking. So what's to come will show a very low profile, as my buddy called it, Urban Assault Bumper build. I too am an owner of HF 12000# Badlands winch, and am shoe horning it into a bumper that is probably only a couple inches deeper than the stocker.

Sorry, it's late, my back hurts and I am something tuckered out.

Yeah excuses excuses I know... 8)

JR:
You know, Ive had a new winch ready bumper in my garage now for a year. As nice as it is, it does go WAY out and from the rear looks flimsy and is why I haven't mounted it. I was going to gusset it up, just never seem to get to it.

Looking forward to your pictures. Just priced a 4x6x250 wall tube for the "base" of my spartan bumpers.

Sammconn:
Added a finish poll in.
I figure I need the week to get it to the finishing point.
Still a lot to do.

I have 200 miles of the ugliest dirt road you can imagine that I cross to get out of the bush. I'm tied with how I want to do it and each has its merit.

So we'll see what yall think. Poll expires in 7 days.
Thanks for your .02.

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: JR on May 19, 2015, 12:14:29 AM --- Just priced a 4x6x250 wall tube for the "base" of my spartan bumpers.

--- End quote ---
That is a serious chunk of steel!

Flyin6:
I went with bed liner black, depending on what bedliner.
Do not use epoxy...it gets hard and scratches easily. So far the Raptor liner is the best product I have found that one can spray. Having said that, it scratches so I almost voted to just paint the bumper and touchup as necessary because touchup on a 2-part urethane is a complicated and expensive proposition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version