Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ramcharger Build  (Read 67200 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ramcharger Build
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2015, 10:44:15 AM »
Hey man, don't laugh...I currently have not one but two JB weld repaired intercoolers. The one on the John Deere that was harpooned by a locust tree, and the one on Square D. Now granted the Square D one hasn't retained any pressure other than atmospheric, but it sure looks strong!

At the rate you're going that JB weld on SQ D should last for several hundred years anyhow....... ???
Sadly...Concur...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2015, 11:21:26 AM »
Don't let them get you down Don, Just check the obvious first, time consuming yes but well worth it in the end.

JB weld will work until I'm 873miles from home in the middle of the desert and a flash flood coming right at me! 

I have found a couple used units but there is always the possibility of me buying the same thing I have, Trucks are getting old and good parts are getting harder to find.  Im still looking hopefully I will find a good used unit that dose not look like a shower head when I pressurize it.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2015, 11:36:44 AM »
Don't let them get you down Don, Just check the obvious first, time consuming yes but well worth it in the end.

JB weld will work until I'm 873miles from home in the middle of the desert and a flash flood coming right at me! 

I have found a couple used units but there is always the possibility of me buying the same thing I have, Trucks are getting old and good parts are getting harder to find.  Im still looking hopefully I will find a good used unit that dose not look like a shower head when I pressurize it.
Copy that Dr. Phil...

I don't fret the small stuff

First things first

Mirror check this morning revealed I was still alive: G-T-G

Everything else: Optional

OldKooT

« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »
This is why I am building my next toy non inter-cooled. But if you can't find one let me know.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »

That tester is pretty slick, much simpler than going to the car wash and spraying things down with fruity smelling soap while your wife floors the Cummins looking for bubbles.

Did you really do that Norm?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »
This is why I am building my next toy non inter-cooled. But if you can't find one let me know.

That is my next option if I can find a good used one, I have the plumping from a Non-IC setup but that means a different Turbo configuration.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »

That tester is pretty slick, much simpler than going to the car wash and spraying things down with fruity smelling soap while your wife floors the Cummins looking for bubbles.

Did you really do that Norm?

Of course he did, Norm uses what ever is readily available at the time!  that was a duel mode car wash now he has a clean truck and found a broken part.

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2015, 01:35:02 PM »
Hehe..Don called you Dr Phil...hehe
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »
I let him slide today he's getting up there in years or it could of him being light headed from trying to suck diesel thru the feed line of SquareD, I'm sure at his age almost everyone he see's has a Dr. in front of their names so its natural!

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2015, 03:33:58 PM »
seems as if it went from a 'ram charger build page' to a 'slam-Don-because-he-hasnt-done-a-simple-test-to-finished-SqD page' hahaha

OldKooT

« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »
Yes Jr, I sure did/do. Car wash boost leak detecting is a well honed science. For $1.50 you can hose down your inter-cooler with rainbow colored fruit smelling soap...then you have the wife stomp it to the floor a few times, and you have now boost tested your inter-cooler. Around here on gravel roads with as much abuse as inter coolers take from stones, it's almost preventive maintenance. I do advise if below freezing, to wash off the rainbow colored soap, or you get rainbow ice formations.

Phill, that turbo I sent you pictures of would work well non inter-cooled, just saying...LOL All you need is a new down pipe connection, some tube for your crossover, and you can eliminate that pesky inter-cooler.  I try to see it as the extra heat keeps your pistons free of carbon  ;D

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »
Yes but fate smiled at me today!  A guy right down the street from where I work had an IC that he removed from his 93 in 94 for a Banks upgrade that had been sitting on the shelf since 94!  He told me he tried to sell it 10years ago and didn't get one call he has had it for sale since Aug on TDR!  This unit is in the back seat of my car but I will still pressure test it before I install!

OldKooT

« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »
That was a stroke of good luck...I was thinking today one could build a inter-cooler out of exhaust pipe... route it around and disguise it as a tube push bar and stuff. Pretty smart huh?

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »
Proof it does exist!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:40:22 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »
That was a stroke of good luck...I was thinking today one could build a inter-cooler out of exhaust pipe... route it around and disguise it as a tube push bar and stuff. Pretty smart huh?

I don't live on the farm anymore Norm so no push bar intercooler for me? 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2015, 10:39:53 AM »
I let him slide today he's getting up there in years or it could of him being light headed from trying to suck diesel thru the feed line of SquareD, I'm sure at his age almost everyone he see's has a Dr. in front of their names so its natural!
I've been avoidin' any diesel fuel connected thing on Square D so I can keep the ole Christmas spirit!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2015, 12:32:06 PM »
Inter cooler push bar? ??? I wouldn't, serious Off roading is kinda similar to what I see happening when things go dark. There's gunna be a lot of bumping into things. I know one thing the front end of my eb got beat more than a red headed step daughter... You're asking for problems, keep it protected.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »
Inter cooler push bar? ??? I wouldn't, serious Off roading is kinda similar to what I see happening when things go dark. There's gunna be a lot of bumping into things. I know one thing the front end of my eb got beat more than a red headed step daughter... You're asking for problems, keep it protected.

I think Norm was kinda of Joking with that comment but its Norm so you never know.  If you were to make a pushbar intercooler then you would have a whole bunch of thermal transfer issues if it were to survive at both!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2015, 02:43:24 PM »
Hey, I have crazy ideas every day............ ;)
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2015, 10:05:12 PM »
So usually Cummins is pretty good about getting parts, I wanted to replace the square sealing ring that comes off the outlet of my turbo and is held in place a v-band clamp the Cumming P/N 3919852 its normally $20 high I agree but if they have it I don't mind paying the money.  Well Cummins dose not have any in stock and also none at the factory and I would have to pay Cummins almost $67 just to find out when they could even make one for me.  Oh well I will have to make something.

If anyone knows anybody that has P/N 3919852 in stock let me know.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:06:59 PM by wilsonphil »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2015, 10:40:35 PM »
So usually Cummins is pretty good about getting parts, I wanted to replace the square sealing ring that comes off the outlet of my turbo and is held in place a v-band clamp the Cumming P/N 3919852 its normally $20 high I agree but if they have it I don't mind paying the money.  Well Cummins dose not have any in stock and also none at the factory and I would have to pay Cummins almost $67 just to find out when they could even make one for me.  Oh well I will have to make something.

If anyone knows anybody that has P/N 3919852 in stock let me know.

Norm probably has at least 1 on a shelf or in a box or pile in his barn(s).
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2015, 11:37:38 PM »
Have you tried Holset? It is their turbo right?????

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2015, 04:16:44 PM »
Well the new inter cooler checked out good but I'm still down on boost, I don't have any other ideas so am thinking it has to be the turbo, I think it's the waste gate leaking there is no play in the compressor wheel spins free and no oil in side the boots so I am pretty sure that has be be the culprit but I thought the inter cooler would of fixed the problem

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2015, 10:32:49 PM »
ALways check the obvious first!  How many times have we heard that!  well I had convinced myself that the turbo was the issue, specifically the waste gate.  One thing I did not do was run the RC with out the airfilter I had looked it a couple weeks ago and it looked OK I even run a pre filter/cover to try to keep the dust build up to a minimum.  I removed the filter and plumbing and took the truck around the block and my boost is up to 30psi.  So all this time it was the airfilter that was starving the engine for air.  I'm glad I didn't pull the turbo and have it rebuilt I would of been pretty depressed if I put an overhauled unit and had the same problem. 

For a long term fix I don't know what i will do.  I guess I will just have to clean the filter on a more regular schedule and if I ever see boost starting to fall off I will look at the filter first.  I'm courious to see how much restriction the air filter setup is giving. Without any filter the boost is 2psi higher than it has ever been but that could of also been the leaky inter cooler.  I cleaned the filter it just has to dry and I will re-oil and reinstall and see where the boost goes.

Always check the obvious.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:22:04 AM by wilsonphil »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2015, 02:18:11 AM »

Cam timing? (another thread)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2015, 10:05:39 AM »

Cam timing? (another thread)
I hear ya friend!

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »
Phil, it takes a real man to admit something like that!

Earlier I had thought about mentioning the filter, but a person could take that as an insult. I spent 3 hrs trying to diagnose a powerstroke that was blowin' smoke on acceleration, even lifting the filter to inspect, replacing sensors that were slightly out of spec, etc. Drove it without the filter and felt like someone punched me in the gut.....but the customer was happy to get a $50 invoice for my lesson. lol
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2015, 11:11:51 AM »
Phil, it takes a real man to admit something like that!

Earlier I had thought about mentioning the filter, but a person could take that as an insult. I spent 3 hrs trying to diagnose a powerstroke that was blowin' smoke on acceleration, even lifting the filter to inspect, replacing sensors that were slightly out of spec, etc. Drove it without the filter and felt like someone punched me in the gut.....but the customer was happy to get a $50 invoice for my lesson. lol

I would never take anything anyone said here as an insult, unless it was insulting!

Lesson re-learned never over look the simple things, I am running a AFE filter and I think I will try to find a "dry" version for this unit, I'm going to do some research.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2015, 11:53:03 PM »
We have all over looked simple things. I took a old 16mm projector apart for repair when I was in HS. It was on "still" and I was red!!!!!!!!!

Right now I am chasing a sometimes run in my new blazer. Have a bunch of parts coming but really no clue yet. Power to coil, turns over fine, runs sometimes then quits.

Leaning towards fuel pressure/pump. Gauge is on the way. Gauge will be good for checking lots of things from the sub to the sub.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2016, 10:33:01 PM »
Not a lot to report on the RC but I did get the new flooring in on the back section, passenger and cargo section.  Before I installed the flooring I cover the whole area in sound deadener it took most of the day and the flooring I got didn't fit for crap but I made it work.  Over all I'm semi happy with the outcome we will see if it ant quieter.

Next weekend I am getting new tires, decided to go with the Goodyear Duratrak,  we will see how the hold up long term.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2016, 11:37:41 PM »
Well replacing tires and repacking wheels bearings turned into a real project.  I got my new Duratracks mounted and was getting ready to put them back on and I was giving everything a once over.  I noticed that the rear hub oil seal was leaking so that is not too bad to change but before I could do that I found another problem!

So I am running Gen3 rims and to do that I have to run 1.5" spacers to make them work, I am not a fan of spacers but I have not had a problem since I have installed them.  I always check them every time I change oil and they were always tight, that is until today I went to check torque and one of the studs broke right off.  From the looks of things it was cracked for a while.  I had replaced these studs when I did the conversion because the stock Gen1 dodges used 1/2 studs and the newer trucks use 9/16.  the studs were Dorman and US made maybe I just got a bad one I replaced all of them to be safe.  Long term I thinK I am going to try to find a common 17" steel wheels with the correct backspacing and get rid of the spacers all together.

Second problem I found was the my brand new one year old Yukon lockouts are screwed, very disappointed, it seems the spring retainer disintegrated and made of a mess of the outer bearings on both sides also one of the bushings on the spline coupler was worn down also, one side the retainer was almost completely gone the other side wasn't as bad but still had the same problem.  I am not sure what was going on with them they went together real smooth and always engaged and disengaged nicely.  I wouldn't of found the issue if I wasn't planning on repacking the wheel bearings.  When the retainer on the one side was destroyed it carved a real nice deep groove into the hub showed in the attached picture with red on it, it bothers me because its so deep so I will replace it in the near future.

I have to get everything back together this week because I have a trip planned.

In the mean time I think I will pick up a set of Warn lockouts at least for this trip, I will see what Yukon says about warranty but I don't want to spend another $400 for something that wont work.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:40:04 PM by wilsonphil »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »
The hubs are lifetime covered. I didn't see any pics, did I miss something? Call me if you like, 1-800-347-1188 ext 5573. Do you have any invoice info on them still?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2016, 12:54:28 PM »
I will give you a call, I bought them a year ago from east coast gear supply.  Looks like the admin,s have not approved the pictures yet, they must be writing Obama love letters.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2016, 01:02:55 PM »
I will give you a call, I bought them a year ago from east coast gear supply.  Looks like the admin,s have not approved the pictures yet, they must be writing Obama love letters.

Don't worry, I approved them.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

OldKooT

« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2016, 07:04:49 PM »
That is a bit messed up. I'd be bent, those wheel hubs are spendy and undoubtedly the bearings have had metal in them... was the snap ring ruined as well?

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2016, 07:58:10 PM »
We are getting it worked out, we know what the problem is.  After my trip I am going to show everyone the problem in detail but will have to wait until after my trip.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2016, 09:36:03 PM »
Are those steel or billet spacers on the front?

Like to see the damage also since those are going on the burb.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2016, 03:44:36 PM »
The spacers Im currently running are 6061 and have shown zero issues, I have two USA made units and two China units and have not seen a problem with either one.  The company I bought them from dose not offer the USA made one anymore but this company dose,   https://www.uswheeladapters.com/ they are pricey but USA made.

Once I'm back from my trip I will do a total tutorial of the disassembly-assembly, very detailed with lots of pictures so everyone can see what happened so you don't repeat my mistakes.  I will tell everyone here that if you are running a Dodge/Chevy D60 pre 1993 and have installed the X-Lock http://www.stage8.com/xlock.html and have manual lockout Yukon or Warn please inspect the units or you will get the same thing that happened to me.  Both products are Excellent but when the two are run together it causes issues and will lead to failure.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2016, 10:43:45 PM »
Been really busy at work so not much time to work on the truck.  I will be posting pictures of the trip with the RC, the truck did very well and it only let me down once!  It was in the middle of nowhere and it just dies no power any where inside the RC just dead.  Of course the only tool bag that I forgot to bring was the one with all my electrical stuff, you know meter, test light, wire tape!  And this is when I was so happy I had a Cummins and able to make it work with just running 12v straight from the battery and then jumped the solenoid to start it and away we went, that at least got me back to a parts store where I could work on it.  After looking everything over it ended up being the last fuseable link that I had not eliminated and why for the life of me I did not replace it when I redid the harness is beyond me, I just hard wired in a regular fuse and all was 100% again

Trip report coming soon.

I did manage to run my RC over the scales today, with a full tank of fuel, spare and maybe 1-200lbs of crap the weight is 7140, that is heavier than I thought it would be and also might be the reason it gets only 15mpg no matter how I drive, the 285-70-17 Duratac tires corrected my speedo so it's right on the money now and the rpm is where it should be 1850 @ 65mph but fuel mileage is the same.  So rpm dose not have a drastic effect if I'm going 60 or 75mph I am getting the same mpg, thinking back now the few times I did get better was when I had it basically stock no winch bumpers or roof rack so those items can be contributing to the loss.  I still think I should be getting better even with the setup I am running.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:51:36 AM by wilsonphil »

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2016, 12:37:11 AM »
Quick update, the old Cummins developed a I don't want to shutoff issue.  I was pretty sure it was the FSS (fuel shutoff solenoid) and I wasnt concerned as long as I could get I started, well then it would not start!  So I ordered a new FSS from Genos Garage they are around $20 so I got two just in case.

Pretty straight forward job but you do have to do a little cutoff wheel action on the bracket that bolt to the back of the IP so you can get a 15/16 wrench in to take out the FSS, normally the plunger is what gives the problem but my plunger looked perfect from the looks of things the solenoid was the issue in my case.  Installed new unit and I'm back in business.

So what most people say that turn-up the power on their VE powered Cummins the FSS takes a beating, a lot of people just remove the plunger and run a pull cable to shut the motor down.

picture of bad solenoid and the amount of the bracket I had to cut off.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2016, 12:38:51 AM »
Also I have about 8K on the Goodyear Dura-tracks and they are performing very well.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2016, 08:08:45 AM »
No Space-X technology on the thing??? :D

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »
Lockout update, I have not had much luck with lockouts.  I had upgraded the D60 to 35spline outers and used Yukon lockouts with the stage 8 spindle nuts.  Short story is you can not use a Dodge hub with the Stage 8 spindle nuts and Yukon Lockouts.
Yukon really stepped up when I called them and told them what happened, they sent me all the lockout parts that were damaged and bearings and sold me all of the parts that I needed to do the repair at cost.  Yukon dose stand behind their product!!!!

So there are supposedly two different types of hubs that were used on the D60 along with two different brake rotors casting 100353 and 99756.  My original D60 had the 99756 but the Yukon unit is based on the 100353 so I bought the rotors that are supposed to match that hub.  So there are some big differences in the rotors.  The rotor at matches the 100353 hub is .300 thicker and much heavier, the built up hub/rotor assembly 100353 is 5lbs heavier than the 99756. 

The Yukon hubs are a much better casting than the original Dana units, the only thing I do not like is the Yukon units are made in China!!!

Hub and rotor weight with the 99756 assembly is 44.5lbs and using the 100353 is 49.8lbs most of that added weight is from the different rotor.

I am running a 1.5” spacer because I am running Gen3 wheels, I had converted to 9/16 studs Dorman 610-253 (2.5”) the only problem was they were too short for my liking so when I built up the new hub I installed new studs Dorman 610-563(3.0”). then I had a new problem the stud was .100 too long for the 1.5” spacer and I really didn’t want to run a larger spacer.  So I used a 4” grinder and knocked off the .100 in no time!  Problem solved and now I have 100% thread engagement.

Any way back to the failure that started this story, I had a trip planned with the RC back in Jan and I hadn’t gotten all the parts I needed to swap out everything so I bought a set of Warn Premium lockouts so I could go on my trip.  I don’t think I will ever buy a Warn lockout again unless it for a stock axle.  It seems when you convert to the 35 spline outers it causes lots of problems even though Warn says these should work with the spline outers. As you can see from the picture the damage to the engagement assembly is moderate the lockout still worked but on one side I could not get the selector go all the way to the “locked” position. 

So all back together now so if all goes well this time I will not have any of these problem in the future!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 05:28:18 PM by wilsonphil »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »
Thanks for the update. Glad it's bank on the road.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2016, 12:28:58 PM »
Are those alum hubs or steel? I would opt for steel on the steering axle for safety.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2016, 11:23:17 AM »
The Spacers I'm running are 6061, I have not had any problems with them and I have had them on there 55K miles, I think the key to any spacer is checking the torque regularly.  The Aluminum spacers should be fine in my application since I'm not towing and the brakes don't get hot for the most part, if I was doing a lot of towing and heavy braking I would go the steel route. 

The only thing I didn't like about my previous setup was I did not have 100% engagement of the stud in the lug nut but I never had an issue running them that way, I just didn't like it!

Also prepare for sticker shock if you buy the Dorman 610-583 they about $8.00 EACH!!!!  Don't understand why but Dorman is very proud of these.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:38:39 AM by wilsonphil »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2016, 11:59:55 AM »
I have been pricing some for the burb. A little better in bulk, but still not fair for what it is and how many they make.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
that price is if you buy a box of 10ea!  I think the single unit price is 12 or 15!!!!

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2016, 01:00:53 PM »
So if you have splined hubs 90-93 D60 you can run either rotor (thick or thin) the Dodge calipers will fit over the thick rotor with new pads.  I would guess you could run any configuration of rotors, calipers and be OK, I have not looked at the GM caliper piston to see if its the same size as the Dodge caliper.  I can not confirm that the uprights are the same but I am assuming and Superban says there is only one upright showing in the parts book.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2016, 01:13:11 PM »
Also if you are running 35 spline outers and decide to use Warn lockouts you will develop the issue you see above in the pictures.  The outer axle stubs will walk out and chew up the outer housing and they will not fully go to the lock position over time, I also had the problem that the lockout would engage on its own.    This might be something unique to my setup but I just wanted to make people aware of an issue, its seems lately I am finding problems for vendors after the fact.  My Warn lockouts are on their way back to Warn for warranty consideration. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal