Hello Guest

Author Topic: EPA can kiss my behind  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
EPA can kiss my behind
« on: September 20, 2015, 10:31:44 AM »
the EPA can kiss my behind if they think that I am going to willingly take my jetta in for this garbage!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/business/volkswagen-is-ordered-to-recall-nearly-500000-vehicles-over-emissions-software.html?_r=1
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Online Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: EPA can kiss my behind
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »
The EPA is a joke anymore. They showed up out here at the farm a year or so ago wanting to inspect our cattle yards. He had an old sattilite map of the place and pointed at what he wanted to see. Problem is what he wanted to see didn't exist anymore and had not existed for several years. We tore out several yards and put in a cattle barn instead so they inspected that. The guy was decent enough but the whole deal was just stupid.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »
I would have told him to come back with a court order/warrant/whatever then asked him to leave.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Online Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 04:35:09 PM »
He had the paper work along with a driver/body guard. Driving a black suburban. They guy we worked with in the DEQ (department of environmental quality)  called and gave us a heads up and showed up with them. We had to go through him when we redid everything to make it all legal. DEQ is state EPA is feds. I know these departments are needed but dang get it together already.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 04:36:45 PM »
The EPA is a joke anymore. They showed up out here at the farm a year or so ago wanting to inspect our cattle yards. He had an old sattilite map of the place and pointed at what he wanted to see. Problem is what he wanted to see didn't exist anymore and had not existed for several years. We tore out several yards and put in a cattle barn instead so they inspected that. The guy was decent enough but the whole deal was just stupid.
They may be a joke, and they are, but they still hold the noose around our necks.

I can just imagine what a Trump Presidency would do to them...

Can you say

"You're Fired!"
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 04:39:37 PM »
Just this past year around here, Duane took the Kentucky EPA to the matt. I mean showed them to be fools and had no real clue what was going on. In fact they had issued permits to a company years ago to bring in one load of some bad stuff to a local landfill, and never checked up on it. That company continued hauling and dumping on that permit until a citizen, Duane caught everyone. Ky EPA does a poor job at best

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 08:33:25 PM »
Duane is probably the wrong person to mess with!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 03:07:07 AM »
Heck CARB is the worse by far. They have DOT ride with CHP and pull vehicles over at random, mostly diesel and check for "altered equipment". Many times they right you a ticket and tow your rig and it must be repaired and inspected before allowed on the road again.

They even do roadside emission checks, dyno and all!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 08:43:07 AM »
Heck CARB is the worse by far. They have DOT ride with CHP and pull vehicles over at random, mostly diesel and check for "altered equipment". Many times they right you a ticket and tow your rig and it must be repaired and inspected before allowed on the road again.

They even do roadside emission checks, dyno and all!!
Police state
Now, Police are good
But repressive overwatch is not

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal