Hello Guest

Author Topic: Christians: Prepare for worsening times  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Christians: Prepare for worsening times
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:18:21 AM »

U.S. Christians told: Prepare for persecution

Pastor Carl Gallups warns believers are being put in bull's-eye

They’re marked for extermination in the Middle East. They’re banned from practicing their faith in many nations around the world. They’ve been subjected to violence, intimidation and hatred from the very beginnings of the faith until the present day.

Christians are no strangers to persecution. But such treatment largely hasn’t erupted in the United States of America. Until now.

"American Christians need to prepare for persecution,"  Carl Gallups told WND TV. The former law enforcement professional and pastor of Hickory Hammock Baptist Church argued Christians are increasing being "targeted" for both political harassment and outright violence.

And he's written a new book,  "Be Thou Prepared: Equipping the Church for Persecution And Times of Trouble," designed to prepare believers for the dark times ahead.

Gallups cited several disturbing trends he believes will prove a threat to American Christians.

"We've got a huge Islamic influx and we've got radical agendas including the radical abortion movement. That movement has just been exposed in videos and they're angry. We've also got the radical homosexual movement and now the Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage."

Gallups argues political and cultural opposition to Christianity is likely to intensify in coming years. He warns individual believers may find their businesses targeted for destruction by politically motivated activists, especially homosexual rights protesters.

"They have a practice of targeting," Gallups said. "They're ready to roll and they've already said that Supreme Court ruling is just the foundation of what we want to do. That's not the end of it, it's not like, 'oh, now we can get married, we're happy.' Oh no. That was the platform for them to launch off of in order to bring the whole culture down."

However, political persecution may be the least of Christians' concerns. Gallups believes Christians are being specifically targeted for violence,  citing  this month's shooting at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.

According to witnesses, the shooter, Chris Harper Mercer, asked victims if they were Christian. If they responded in the affirmative, the murderer taunted, "You are going to see God in just about one second." He then shot them in the head.

Gallups complained the anti-Christian motive of the attack was largely ignored by what he sees as a liberal media eager to shift the blame to guns. He argued if the victims had been adherents to a different faith, it would have been a much bigger story and the motivation would have been more widely discussed.

"You know what it would have been," Gallups charged. "And I know what it would have been and our viewers know. The hypocrisy of this seems to know no boundaries. And of course we know what the Left is going to say, of course we know the hypocrisies that will come forward, it's on display right now before the eyes of the world."

Indeed, Gallups believes the Obama administration consciously ignored the way Christians were targeted.

"There's not really a concern by the current administration for the victims, the deepest concern is for the agenda," Gallups argued. And the Obama administration's agenda, Gallups intoned, was to attack the Second Amendment Rights of law abiding citizens.

"It was politicized out of Obama's mouth within two hours," Gallups stated. "They were even saying, 'of course we're going to politicize this." President Obama, given his office, should be more of a uniter and a father figure. Instead he came and constantly talked about himself."

The situation is especially dire, Gallups argues, because of an increasing terrorist threat against churches and Christians in particular.

"We have an ISIS presence in all fifty states according to the FBI," Gallups warned. Thus, Christians are right to fear "direct persecution, or, in some cases, death."

Gallups said political persecution and violent attacks are simply part of a larger, united effort to undermine Christianity and attack believers.

"America, and particularly Christian America, is increasingly understanding one of the premises of  my book is that there is an increase in the targeting of Christians in America and it's a part of this long process of degradation," Gallups said. "You lampoon them first, and then you get to the point where eventually it's outlawed. People see this slide and they see where we are."

The pastor gave several examples.

"There's  Kim Davis, there's the actions of the  city council in Houston,   [the shooting at] UCC, the church shooting in South Carolina. And the government, rather than making peace, rather than speaking words of wisdom, words of balance, it's this radical agenda of, 'we've just gotta take the guns, we've just gotta take the guns.'"

Gallups finds this climate surrounding attacks on Christians outrageous and evidence of America's spiritual and cultural decline.

"I think there was a time in America not too many decades ago when government officials, law enforcement officials, even media would have addressed that specifically and would have said this is an outrage. In America, we don't want to target any group of people for death, particularly for practicing their faith."

Such silence is especially outrageous, Gallups alleged, because he thinks America would not have religious freedom were it not for the country's Judeo-Christian heritage.

"The reason people of all faiths are free to worship in America without losing a job or going to jail or having your head cut off is because of our Judeo-Christian heritage," said Gallups. "You certainly can't go into the Middle East and openly practice Christianity."

Now, the pastor believes, that proud tradition of freedom is being abandoned.

Gallups says Christians can take comfort in the church's long experience with persecution and look to history for lessons to apply today.

"What I've tried to do with God's help in this book is to see what's coming," Gallups told WND TV. "I can look at history. I go all the way back to the early church and deal with what they dealt with and deal with the biblical principles that bring us up to today."

Gallups admits many Christians may be uncomfortable with the idea of preparing to defend themselves, especially if it means acquiring weapons and training. Having worked for years in law enforcement before joining the ministry, Gallups noted he's carried a weapon since he was a very young man – and through his concealed carry permit, still does.

"I don't have a problem with it – to me it's like remembering to bring my wallet, because I've been doing it for so long."

Gallups accepts carrying a weapon may not be for everybody. Nonetheless, he endorses Tennessee Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey's  call for "fellow Christians" to arm themselves in self-defense, particularly since Ramsey identified "Christians" in particular as targets.

"He gets it. He understands what we're talking about. We are being targeted. Whether or not the Left doesn't want to let us say that, they think we're overreacting, but we are being targeted. True, we're in the opening stages of that and I pray it doesn't get any worse, but historically, we're in the beginning stages of this kind of targeting."

Given everything that's happening, Gallups warns, "I think it would behoove Christians to prepare.

"I think it makes biblical sense, I think it makes common sense, I think it makes logical sense," Gallups said. "The Left hates it, but I deal in reality."

And besides, the pastor said, he has a larger responsibility.

"The Bible makes it clear – if a person doesn't provide for his own family, he's worse than an unbeliever."

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/u-s-christians-told-prepare-for-persecution/#wx40dYwCCS5kLGat.99
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Christians: Prepare for worsening times
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 12:54:05 PM »
Isn't this one big reason we are all here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »
Yea sure is
For the registered guys

But for all the guests, who knows how many of them get this?

More for them and just affirming what we know or sense already

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 08:32:42 PM »
IMO, one of the largest ways you can help protect yourself is to spend your money wisely. I have always been involved in my families finances. However I now run them entirely. We refuse to spend our money towards causes that continue to attack our way of life. Whether it is Christianity or Family or you name any other moral cause. Not sure what I mean? Have you bought Starbucks recently? If you have and still don't get what I'm saying please google Howard Schultz and see what he is politically promoting with your funds. Again this is not for the regulars here but those who may be passing through. In the end this is light versus darkness. Which side do you want to be on?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 02:58:35 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 09:14:11 PM »
Kinda like Home Depot vs Lowes. What do they stand for??
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 09:32:55 PM »
My understanding HD quit donating to political actions several years ago after it blew up in their face.

Kinda like Home Depot vs Lowes. What do they stand for??

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 08:13:50 AM »
IMO, one of the largest ways you an help protect yourself is to spend your money wisely. I have always been involved in my families finances. However I now run them entirely. We refuse to spend our money towards causes that continue to attack our way of life. Whether it is Christianity or Family or you name any other moral cause. Not sure what I mean? Have you bought Starbucks recently? If you have and still don't get what I'm saying please google Howard Schultz and see what he is politically promoting with your funds. Again this is not for the regulars here but those who may be passing through. In the end this is light versus darkness. Which side do you want to be on?

We try to do the same. Wife is primary one that runs the fiances but we don't make any purchases other than normal groceries with out consulting each other. I gave up star bucks entirely a couple years ago. That sucked. I love their coffee. I always try to buy American. When we re did the house everything came from the local lumber yard. Appliances came from the mom and pop store appliance store in town. Not many of them left.  There was not lowes, home depot, menards. It is so hard. As for electronics there is no buy American. Its all made over seas. I do try to opt for made in Japan over China, Mexico, etc. 
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »
I'm not a coffee person really, has to be really cold out or I don't touch it and I'm too cheap to buy $5 iced coffee's as I don't enjoy them enough to pay the cost. Now my wife makes up for my lack of coffee and it cost me a $600 coffee maker to get her to give up Starbucks. When we moved where we are now she lucked out and there are two Christian locally owned shops she can choose from.......

Edit: and make no mistake this is a fight that we are engaged in here. Many aspects to soldiering and I'm sure the real soldiers here on the board can attest to that as well.

IMO, one of the largest ways you an help protect yourself is to spend your money wisely. I have always been involved in my families finances. However I now run them entirely. We refuse to spend our money towards causes that continue to attack our way of life. Whether it is Christianity or Family or you name any other moral cause. Not sure what I mean? Have you bought Starbucks recently? If you have and still don't get what I'm saying please google Howard Schultz and see what he is politically promoting with your funds. Again this is not for the regulars here but those who may be passing through. In the end this is light versus darkness. Which side do you want to be on?

We try to do the same. Wife is primary one that runs the fiances but we don't make any purchases other than normal groceries with out consulting each other. I gave up star bucks entirely a couple years ago. That sucked. I love their coffee. I always try to buy American. When we re did the house everything came from the local lumber yard. Appliances came from the mom and pop store appliance store in town. Not many of them left.  There was not lowes, home depot, menards. It is so hard. As for electronics there is no buy American. Its all made over seas. I do try to opt for made in Japan over China, Mexico, etc.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:02:25 AM by stlaser »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 02:25:18 PM »
Good trajectory Shawn

Haven't we all discussed before making a thread of trusted retailers?

Wouldn't be a bad idea if someone wants to jump on it

Conditions would be that first we separate it into broad categories, such as groceries, auto parts, hardware, medicine, services, and whatever. Then if you actually make a recommendation for or against, you would have had to first done the research to be sure you are right.

comments/ideas/criticisms?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »
Good church sermon yesterday, 2 Timothy 2:1 was just sharing is all definitely wasn't my idea by any means..... ;)

Well, since I've ah been a slackin I can head that up. Where do you want it? Lets get some more feedback but I think you're on the right track anyhow.

Good trajectory Shawn

Conditions would be that first we separate it into broad categories, such as groceries, auto parts, hardware, medicine, services, and whatever. Then if you actually make a recommendation for or against, you would have had to first done the research to be sure you are right.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 04:25:42 PM »
Good church sermon yesterday, 2 Timothy 2:1 was just sharing is all definitely wasn't my idea by any means..... ;)

Well, since I've ah been a slackin I can head that up. Where do you want it? Lets get some more feedback but I think you're on the right track anyhow.

Good trajectory Shawn

OK Bro, you know the deal around here

Be careful what you volunteer for!

Just ask TRN, he'll clue ya in!

Anyway, you got it my friend, go find it, you own it!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal