Hello Guest

Author Topic: Prayer Request thread  (Read 155619 times)

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
Re: Prayer Request thread
« Reply #1200 on: March 30, 2020, 07:28:45 AM »
Lifting her up.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 30, 2020, 08:10:17 AM »
Prayers sent Jon.
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 30, 2020, 12:27:02 PM »
Added sir
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 30, 2020, 07:42:30 PM »
thanks for the prayers men. The results came back today but the Doctor and his nurse are off until Wednesday so the staff couldn't give the results out so after some conversation they found another doctor who said that the test came back negative for cancer. Thank God! Now to just check off the other stuff it isn't

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 31, 2020, 07:40:18 PM »
More sent,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

17 days, wow.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 31, 2020, 08:17:42 PM »
God is good.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 31, 2020, 08:24:52 PM »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 08, 2020, 04:39:26 PM »
Brooke's covid test finally came back. Negative. She's been feeling alot better this week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 08, 2020, 05:34:08 PM »
Great news. Thanks for the update
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 08, 2020, 05:44:08 PM »
 :likebutton: Good deal Jon
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 09, 2020, 01:32:57 PM »
Great news. God is good. All the time

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 16, 2020, 10:18:49 AM »
Well I could use some help right now so I thought I would revive this thread.

Some of you may or may not know that I have been fighting stage IV cancer since August of 2017. Thought I might have a chance middle of 2018 but January 2019 it had spread to lungs and bone. So in 2019 they tried immunotherapy which didn’t work and then pill form Chemo which didn’t work either. So in January of 2020 they put me back on harsh Carbo Chemo that at least knocked it back in early 2018.

Well my PET scan on April 30th showed that the harsh Chemo wasn’t working anymore either. Due to the Covid restrictions I had it local instead of at Mayo. The local Oncologist had a conference call to review the findings and basically recommended that I contact hospice and start that process. Gave me 6 months. First time my wife broke down.

I contacted my Oncologist at Mayo and she scheduled a meeting with a Phase 1 trial Doc there and her. So we met with them and now basically waiting to see if I can get into a trial. Tic toc. 

I am also trying to get into Moffitt Cancer phase 1 trials in Tampa. But you have to be a patient with them first and then go through screening. So going through that process now. At least they have a trial specific to my head and neck cancer that has metastasized. Plus it would locate my wife close to the kids and her parents.

So we will see.

Tex can probably relate to this but in Mid 2019 Mayo sent my cancer cells to a research facility to get a DNA match to possible treatment. $7000.00 for that. They did provide a match. Vorinostat/Zolinza.  So the oncologist prescribed it along with my Chemo. Sure enough the health insurance turned it down because it wasn’t approved specifically for my cancer. It was FDA approved just not for mine. So I thought I will just pay out of pocket. Life saving potential right?  Well it would cost $13,000.00 per month. So I made too much money to get assistance from Merck and I can’t swing $13k a month so no bueno. So unless Tex has some industry secrets how to get that it is wait and see.

So if you guys could add me and my family to your prayers I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 16, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »
Well I could use some help right now so I thought I would revive this thread.

Some of you may or may not know that I have been fighting stage IV cancer since August of 2017. Thought I might have a chance middle of 2018 but January 2019 it had spread to lungs and bone. So in 2019 they tried immunotherapy which didn’t work and then pill form Chemo which didn’t work either. So in January of 2020 they put me back on harsh Carbo Chemo that at least knocked it back in early 2018.

Well my PET scan on April 30th showed that the harsh Chemo wasn’t working anymore either. Due to the Covid restrictions I had it local instead of at Mayo. The local Oncologist had a conference call to review the findings and basically recommended that I contact hospice and start that process. Gave me 6 months. First time my wife broke down.

I contacted my Oncologist at Mayo and she scheduled a meeting with a Phase 1 trial Doc there and her. So we met with them and now basically waiting to see if I can get into a trial. Tic toc. 

I am also trying to get into Moffitt Cancer phase 1 trials in Tampa. But you have to be a patient with them first and then go through screening. So going through that process now. At least they have a trial specific to my head and neck cancer that has metastasized. Plus it would locate my wife close to the kids and her parents.

So we will see.

Tex can probably relate to this but in Mid 2019 Mayo sent my cancer cells to a research facility to get a DNA match to possible treatment. $7000.00 for that. They did provide a match. Vorinostat/Zolinza.  So the oncologist prescribed it along with my Chemo. Sure enough the health insurance turned it down because it wasn’t approved specifically for my cancer. It was FDA approved just not for mine. So I thought I will just pay out of pocket. Life saving potential right?  Well it would cost $13,000.00 per month. So I made too much money to get assistance from Merck and I can’t swing $13k a month so no bueno. So unless Tex has some industry secrets how to get that it is wait and see.

So if you guys could add me and my family to your prayers I would greatly appreciate it.

So, I want to be very careful here
But I may have something to share
I went to listen to the testimony of a pastor one night. Just seven or eight out of a church that had a sunday attendance around a thousand.
THis pastor had cancer. Had stage 4 which kept going everywhere. Bone pancreas, brain, heck, everywhere.
He went from chemo to chemo which was in itself killing him. He went through radiation. He was even brought into an experimental program. Every thing he did drained his family's finances and nothing made him any better. His oncologist recommended he get hospice involved and talked about another way out there experimental program.
The pastor prayed about it and got no indication to do anything more, so he just quit with the doctors.
But he got down on his knees and said "Father I am claiming healing and I am betting my life on it.
The last time he had spoken to his doctor, the man had given him a month to six weeks, no more.
The pastor simply went back to living, but was so sick from the cancer and the chemo. He said that he decided to just live on the faith of a promise from God to answer our prayers or he would just surrender his life. He gave up on anything but God through Jesus. ANd he continued. He told me that the doctor had told him to come back in two weeks, so he went. At that visit the doctor noted that he was actually no worse and probably a little better and told him to come back in a month. The pastor said he felt good enough to mow the grass and did. He started doing more and more things
Well the short story is that the cancer simply went away. When he spoke to us he was nothing less than a living miracle
I asked him what did he think happened
And, Mike, this gets at the crux of it
He said when he literally gave up his life and said "God, either you are going to heal me or I'm going to die and I'm not giving it another moment's thought. It was only then when he believed God healed him. He gave up his life, control, worry, everything

I think you hear me, and I want to be careful here in that I am relaying a testimony, but one that points to the very heart of God. Total surrender, total faith

Jesus and nothing else...

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 16, 2020, 05:07:27 PM »
I am praying for you. God has a plan. I am glad it is his plan and not mine. Praying for his grace and mercy for you and your family.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 16, 2020, 05:49:42 PM »
Don,  no need to be careful. I’m not in control.

Thanks for your thoughts and Prayers.

Mike

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: May 17, 2020, 01:17:13 AM »
Prayers sent again. Faith and a good outlook will help.

To bad you can't do something about the insurance.

I think many of us would love to have the extra funds to help out

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 17, 2020, 08:22:15 AM »
Thank you JR. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

I’m sure I’m not the only one to navigate the insurance maze. I only point it out to show the craziness. They paid for the research but not the findings. They are more than willing to pay $9k in Chemo drugs every three weeks forever but not something that might actually take you off the Chemo. Lol. No logic.

I will probably be going the Don route sooner than later.

Ironic that since this Covid stay at home order here in MN and my company considers me high risk I can pretty much work much longer than if I had to go into the office everyday.

Mike

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 17, 2020, 08:39:20 AM »
I will be praying for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 17, 2020, 08:42:07 AM »
Prayers for you and your family sent.

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 17, 2020, 09:05:26 AM »
Prayers for you and your family

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 17, 2020, 11:01:49 AM »
Praying for you guys.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 17, 2020, 01:36:48 PM »
Praying Mike.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 17, 2020, 03:28:59 PM »
Sent Mike.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 19, 2020, 01:19:48 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this Mike... I'll be praying for you and the family and thinking of you often.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 19, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »
Prayers Mike.  PM Sent

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 19, 2020, 10:42:21 PM »
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it.

Mike

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 28, 2020, 08:05:01 PM »
I know it’s not a major deal but my twins are starting to like sports ( heaven help me) tonight is the first T ball game.

Any prayers my way to being a good participant in this experiment would be appreciated

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 28, 2020, 09:06:14 PM »
I remember it well. Concentrate concentrate On not saying anything. Lol

Prayers sent. Enjoy

Mike

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 28, 2020, 10:04:19 PM »
I remember it well. Concentrate concentrate On not saying anything. Lol

Prayers sent. Enjoy

Oh boy!!! I made it! Six more games to endure

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 29, 2020, 09:01:11 AM »
Encourage them.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: May 29, 2020, 09:07:25 PM »
Prayers for you Dave

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 29, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »
Mike,

How are you doing? I continue to lift you up as i am sure many others are doing as well.

Do we have any positive developments?

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 30, 2020, 08:31:49 AM »
Don,

Thanks for the prayers and checking up on me.

Not much good to report. Been at Mayo last week doing radiation on my hips and pelvis trying to see if we can keep them from fracturing while I wait for a Phase 1 trial to become available. Nothing at Mayo until maybe July and then not specific to what I have.

Finish up radiation on Tuesday and then I’m flying to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa to see if I can get into trial there.  They have a specific one but I have to have the HLA marker they is required. So going to give blood and have Doc appt.  Then wait two weeks to see if it is a match. So pretty much a Hail Mary but we will see. 

For now just managing the pain and trying to stay off the opioid dope!

Oh yeah, sold the house and closing on that and moving in two weeks. Have sold most of my tools and toys. Still trying to get rid of most of my guns and gun safe so my wife doesn’t have to deal with it.

Busy busy. Times a wasting.

Mike

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 30, 2020, 08:33:44 AM »
Thanks for the update, more prayers for you and your family.

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 30, 2020, 10:38:56 AM »
Mike,

Thanks for the update, we will keep praying for you and your family

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 30, 2020, 10:39:46 AM »
Mike,

You show great courage, and man, that has to be tough.I will keep you in prayer, and your family as well.

Question: Have you had the elders of your church lay hands on you and pray for healing? Assuming you have as the bible instructs us to do so, how did you feel during the process? Did you completely believe in it? That you would be healed?

Have you gotten as right with God as you know how, asking for forgiveness after you have sincerely forgiven everyone who you may hold a grudge against? I think you know that The lord only forgives after we first forgive those who have sinned against us.

What I'm getting at is you can use the healing power of God, through Jesus, but it has to be right. There can be no doubt, none what so ever. You must believe in faith 100. If there is a spirit of infirmity in you, then rebuke it in the name of Jesus. Tell it that you are a blood bought child of God, and therefore no spirit other than the messenger has a lawful right to live in you. Cast it out!

Then claim health and vitality over your life. Place your hand over the affected areas and pray for specifically what you want. "Heal the cancer in these bones, and shrink the tumor in my kidney"...like that.

I wish I could do it for you, but I have no authority over your life and therefore can not rebuke an evil spirit if that is indeed what is affecting you.

I am going to remain confident in the belief that the will of the Lord be done here. I want you to heal and become healthy and I am asking for that, but my will is secondary to the will of God.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 31, 2020, 08:28:01 AM »
Don,

I hesitate to send this reply at all because I in no way want to offend you or anyone on this site. I truly value everyone here and it has brought a lot of joy to me personally over the years.

But here goes. To answer your questions about elders and church. I was born and raised In the church. I attended and participated in every service, program, work day, pot luck, prayer meeting, door to door witnessing, bible college, etc... until I was about 22. I honestly was so disgusted by organized religion that I just stopped going. Haven’t been back since. I went to Evangelical Free, Baptist, Southern Baptist, Methodist, Catholic (ex wife), non denominational, and as such with life and organizations met some very good people. Some not so good people. I got so tired of being made to feel that if I didn’t fit their template of what they wanted I wasn’t godly. But yet they were the ones out drinking and cheating on their spouses, had kids no respect and then showed up on Sunday to hypocritically tell me how much I should live.

Again it was a few bad apples that spoiled the basket but it was enough for me.

My sisters husband was a youth minister back in those days as well. I saw first hand how a god fearing loving family should have been the benefactor of all things good. Wonderful family that foster cared when they had nothing for their own kids. This was during the same time that the televangelist like Jim and Tammy Baker were getting exposed for the frauds and hucksters that they are were raking in the sheeples money. All while my sisters family was scraping by to put food on their table and clothes on their three kids. I didn’t see any religious equity in that.

I could go on for ever with tangible and visible examples of what I have seen as an absence of God from pedo priests for years in the Catholic Church to bacha boys,child brides,and child trafficking among the most horrific in my mind the destruction of youth. Now trannies reading story time at elementary schools. Teaching masturbation to little kids. If there ever was a time for organized religion to rally the troops and attack the filth and deprivation that has gone on for years and years it is now. I don’t see it happening. And maybe Trump is an answer to prayers since no one else has attacked the pedos and trafficking like he has but he seems to be a lone ranger with very little organized support.

So I love people like my brother and sister (and you Don) that have unwavering faith and a belief that God has a plan and is all powerful and it is “his will” but most likely to my final detriment I am sorry I don’t. I feel that if God was all powerful I would pray that he ignore me and save one child from being trafficked or one child bride from being married off to her rapist or one Bacha boy allowed to escape his rapist and many more atrocities in this world.

I sadly I guess in my 62 years have never seen a miracle or answer to prayer. Many times to god loving people that truly should have deserved it.

As far as forgiven anyone I felt might have a grudge or animus against I had to think about that one for a while. I am the type,of person that rarely if ever thinks backward or about the past. I guess I have thought more about it now more than I ever have but more around my kids and wishing I hadn’t worked so much and had spent more time with them. But other than our neighbors that sued us blocking our house sale in NJ costing me $100’s of thousands of dollars I can’t think of anyone that I would need to forgive. And I hadn’t thought of NJ in years. So I’m good there. :)

Probably TMI but I wanted to provide an honest answer and to really thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers and hopefully maybe they will work not just for me but for my wife, my kids, my sister, my brother, and honestly the most unlikely people that have expressed prayers and support from a waitress at a diner I go to a lot to the wife of a salesman at work that laid hands on and prayed that  I didn’t know until that outing. Many, many more that I can’t name.

So hey, how about a win for the Mike team!  Or I guess what happens will be “Gods will”.

Either way I will keep fighting until I don’t wake up some day.

Mike

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 31, 2020, 09:08:29 PM »
Honesty is good

Man for the most part isn't.

Almost everyone can easily point out hypocrisy in any church. That's because it's filled with people. Only one of us was ever perfect, and he is the one I am putting my faith in.

The favorite ploy used by the devil is exactly what you pointed out. Get church goers to lower their gaze just a little to the people level, and the whole worship thing comes undone.

The only way Christianity works perfectly is if there are no people in the middle of your one on one relationship with the creator. Pastors, elders, good men and women can only help some. God calls us to meet together in his house, and like the verse we chose to place on our home page, Iron sharpening iron, is why you go to that place. Heck this web site may be that place for you, I don't know.

You can't count on me, or anyone else here because we can only use the gifts he gave us, and we should only speak words after thoughtful prayer. I know my intentions are good and my spirit wants to help you, but in the end I am only a man. The one who may choose to change your life is God through his son who stands for you at the foot of the throne.

I want to see you healed from this, and I believe, completely, that God could do it. He does things for his glory, and because he loves his creations, us. Like with the pastor who was a bit farther down the road than you with only weeks left to live, he threw in the towel and said, if you don't heal me, God, then I surrender my life. God healed him, completely. I spoke with him, I am aware of the whole story.

I saw a healer come to my church. There was a wheelchair bound woman, and I apologize for telling the story again, but I saw that woman get up out of that wheelchair and start to walk all over the church.

I had three surface to air missiles fired at me one night and none of them hit us...I don't understand it, but my mom told me later she had a feeling that she needed to pray for me before the war started and did so. I believe that prayer saved my life. I got IED'd in Baghdad and didn't even get a scratch. I don't get it, but people prophesied over me saying I was to go and that God would protect me. When I left my wife told me, she doesn't know why, but I will be over there for five years then something will happen to me to bring me home. Five years later, and my heart fell apart in Kandahar and I was medevaced back home.

God is at the helm. Use him Mike. Reach out to him. Just you and him. Crawl into a closet and tell him you aren't coming out until you get right with him. I don't know what you should ask him, only you do, but he is right there, less than a breath or a heartbeat away.

And if all this just goes to a point where you draw your last breath, then glory is waiting immediately on the other side of physical life. This is but one part of an eternal life.

Let me know if I can help in any way

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 02, 2020, 11:16:10 PM »
https://www.parkrecord.com/news/summit-county-authorities-search-for-boy-9-missing-in-uintas/

Bosses nephew on a family hike the boss went on

Super sketchy area for bear and Mt lions. 
I had no idea why the bosses wife left the house in such a hurry this Am.  Didn’t find out until she talked to me this eve that anything was wrong.   

Prayers of thanks for search n rescue that did solid work!   Ever thankful to those people.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 02, 2020, 11:26:31 PM »
Looks like everyone did the right thing. Cept maybe getting lost, but it happens.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 02, 2020, 11:59:10 PM »
My best friend needs some help from you all please!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
Prayer Request thread
« Reply #1241 on: July 03, 2020, 12:06:33 AM »
What did they have to take out Nate.   I always have time for a prayer for a fur friend
Mine had a cancer spot like a baseball they removed when he was two.  Seven now and God I love my dogs

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 12:08:10 AM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 03, 2020, 12:29:23 AM »
A massive (in Arnold voice) tuma
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 03, 2020, 12:32:06 AM »
He'll be fine with you feeding him. But prayers added.

Dog for me soon, wife hates the idea (2 cats and a rabbit are OK) Thinking Lab,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 03, 2020, 12:41:13 AM »
Prayers sent Nate and fur buddy.

Mike

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: July 03, 2020, 07:34:12 AM »
Prayers sent.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 03, 2020, 09:29:07 AM »
Prayers for you and your buddy Nate

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 03, 2020, 11:02:42 AM »
Praying for you both
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 03, 2020, 11:34:13 AM »
thank you guys

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 03, 2020, 10:44:01 PM »
Sent Nate.

JR don’t get a purebread. Love her to death, but a money pit.
Get a lab cross of some sort of a lab you want.
Out mutt has been nothing but a good friend.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal